Spicy Shrimp Tacos
Make it a taco night with this easy-to-make ⭐️ Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa and Cilantro Cream Sauce Recipe. These tacos are so delicious that you will probably need to make a double recipe for there to be enough for the whole family.
The spiciness of the shrimp along with the zing of the cilantro sauce will be sure to make you want another. Add our homemade avocado salsa and you a have a great meal!
⭐️How to Make Shrimp Tacos
Shrimp tacos are super easy to make. Whip up the avocado salsa and cilantro sauce ahead of time and you have a pretty quick and straightforward recipe to make. Just mix the spices with the shrimp, cook and serve.
One note, though: I love large shrimp as much as the next person, but you definitely want to use medium shrimp in this Spicy Shrimp Recipe, because going with jumbo shrimp will require you to cut them in half to fit in the tortilla.
This super-healthy Avocado Salsa is very simple to make because it only contains four main ingredients and only takes about 20 minutes. See the full Avocado Salsa Recipe here or by clicking the image below.
Top off the spicy shrimp with this yummy Cilantro Cream Sauce. You can make this sauce ahead of time to speed up the recipe time for your tacos.
See the full recipe for the Cilantro Sauce here or by clicking the image below.
Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa and Cilantro Cream Sauce
- 20 medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder optional
- 1/2 lime optional
- 5 6in flour tortillas
- 2-3 tbsp avocado salsa
- 2 tbsp cilantro sauce
- Mix together olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili and onion powder and salt.
- Add shrimp and mix to coat completely. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for for at least 10 minutes (You can make a day in advance and let it sit overnight).
- Heat a skillet on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the olive oil
- Add Shrimp.
- Cook shrimp in a skillet on medium-high heat until pink and cooked through. Should be about 5 minutes. Do NOT overcook.
- Remove from heat.
- Squeeze lime over shrimp and serve.
Make the Taco
- Heat the tortillas to taste. They can be heated in a pan or a microwave. For something a little more distinct stick them in the broiler or outdoor grill for a couple of minutes to char the ends.
- Add the avocado salsa to the bottom of the tortilla.
- Place 4 shrimp on top of the salsa.
- Spread the cilantro sauce across the shrimp
- Serve and enjoy!
Check out more delicious Frugal Recipes!
Let us know how you liked this recipe by commenting and rating the recipe below.