Easy Refrigerator Pickles
Looking for a quick and easy recipe to use up seasonal cucumbers? How about Easy Refrigerator Pickles?
While they do not store as long as conventionally canned/jarred pickles I can almost promise that you will love them so much that they won’t go bad before they are eaten all up!
You can store these pickles in canning jars, recycled food jars that have been washed very well or just use a plastic storage container with a lid.
- 1 Cup White Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 Cups Of Granulated Sugar
- 6 Cups Of Sliced Cucumbers
- 1 Cup Of Sliced Sweet Onions (I like using red onions)
- 1 Cup of Sliced Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Of Celery Seed
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Dill or 1/4 Cup of Fresh Dill, Chopped
- Place cucumbers, onion, bell pepper, salt and spices in a large bowl or non-reactive container.
- In a small saucepan combine the vinegar and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Allow to vinegar and sugar mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Pour over cucumbers and mix well.
- Cover container and place in refrigerator for at least 24 hours before serving.