Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
Needing perfect hard boiled eggs without overcooking or under-cooking them? Want a uniform egg white covering around the yolk?
Follow these simple steps for perfect hard boiled eggs that are super easy to peel. (Hint: The white vinegar is the secret)
I have personally been cooking my eggs this way for years and I always end up with great looking and tasting hard boiled eggs. And the method is easy too. You are not really boiling your eggs at all, instead you are letting them come to a boil and then sit in the extremely hot water until they are done!
Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups ice
- Place eggs in a large saucepan.
- Cover with water 1 inch above the tops of the eggs
- Add in vinegar and salt.
- Bring the water up to boil on medium heat. When the water has come to a boil, cover the pan with a lid and remove the pan from the heat.
- Let eggs sit in hot water in pan for 12 minutes.
- Drain hot water and rinse with cold water a couple of times.
- Fill Saucepan with cold water and add ice to water.
- Let eggs sit in ice water for 10 min.
- Refrigerate - Peel and enjoy.
Check out these 15 Recipes for Hard Boiled eggs!
Check out more delicious recipes!