Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
Are you wanting to know how to make perfect hard boiled eggs without overcooking them (and they have a grey covering around the yolk) or under-cooking them? Follow these simple steps for perfect hard boiled eggs.I have personally been cooking my eggs this way for years and years and I always end up with great looking and tasting hard boiled eggs. And the method is easy too, in fact you are not really boiling your eggs at all, instead you are letting them come to a boil and then sit in the extremely hot water until they are cooked… but not overcooked!
Don’t miss our 15 Recipes for Hard Boiled eggs!
- 1 dozen large eggs (at room temperature)
Directions for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs:
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with water 1 inch above the tops of the eggs. Bring the water up to boil on medium heat.
- When the water has come to a boil, cover the pan with a lid and remove the pan from the heat.
- Let eggs sit in hot water in pan for 12 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to a large colander in the sink.
- Stop the cooking process by running cool water over the eggs until no longer warm.
- Hard boiled eggs, left in their shell, can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-days.
Yields: 12 hard boiled eggs
Check out these 15 Recipes for Hard Boiled eggs!
Check out more delicious recipes!