Pear Almond Tart Recipe
This Pear Almond Tart Recipe uses either fresh pears or canned pears! I love that because that means I can make it any time of year using canned pears and it tastes just as good.
I made this last year for Thanksgiving and it was a big hit with everyone! While this recipe has a lot of steps, if you enjoy baking give this one a try!
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour Plus More For Work Surface
- 1 Disk Pate Brisee
- 1 Cup Blanched Almonds
- 3/4 Cup Confectioners Sugar Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Chilled, Cut Into Small Pieces
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 Cup Apricot Jam
- 8 Large Canned Pear Halves Well Drained, Patted Dry, Thinly Sliced Lengthwise - OR- 4 Fresh Pears, Peeled, Cored And Thinly Sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 12-inch round.
- Fit dough into a 9-inch removable bottom tart pan lifting into and pressing up sides.
- Cut off excess dough by rolling your rolling pin across the edge of the tart pan.
- Place prepared tart pan on a rimmed cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor pulse almond and sugar until finely ground.
- Add butter, egg, flour, salt and almond extract and process until well combined.
- In the bottom of your tart shell spread 1/4 cup apricot jam.
Check out more delicious recipes!