Homemade Strawberry Shortcakes
We have picked tons of strawberries in our garden this year and I have been super busy putting them up in the freezer and making freezer jam. But this ✅Homemade Strawberry Shortcakes recipe is one of our families favorite recipes for eating up some of those fresh seasonal strawberries. We call them ✅Strawberry Biscuits but you may know them better as Strawberry Shortcake. Either way it is delish!
Homemade Strawberry Shortcakes (Strawberry Biscuits)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- .5 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- .5 tsp salt
- .25 cup butter cold
- 1 cup milk
- 5 cups strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 packet pectin
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add into dry ingreditns (I use a kitchen aid mixer). Mix until the small pieces of butter are incorporated.
- Then add in the milk and mix.
- Dough will be thick. As soon as it's mixed and the dough is sticky, it's done...don't overmix this dough.
- Drop the dough by the tablespooon full onto a lightly greased cookie sheet equally spaced apart.
- Bake for 12-15 min at 425 degrees until golden.
- A toothpick should come out clean when the biscuit is done.
- Mash strawberries with sugar. Use more or less sugar for your family's preference.
- Add one package of Certo pectin, just so the syrup will hold in the fridge for longer than a few days.
- Syrup should stay about 3 weeks in your fridge - if it lasts that long.
Check out more delicious recipes!