Homemade Chicken Rice A Roni
It is super simple to make your own Homemade chicken Rice A Roni. This recipe can easily be multiplied to make several batches to have on hand and uses ingredients that many of us have in our pantries. At about $0.50 a batch this can be an economical choice and you can control the fat/sodium content by adjusting the ingredients to suit your families needs.
Don’t forget to look for coupons for these ingredients in our Coupon Database!
- 1/4 Lb. Spaghetti, Vermicelli or Angel Hair Pasta, Broken into small pieces
- 1 Cup Rice
- 3 Chicken Bullion Cubes, Crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- Combine rice and pasta together and pour into a food-safe storage container.
- Combine bullion, spices and seasonings and pour into a small zipper baggie.
- Add the sealed baggie to your container of rice and pasta.
- Store for up to 6 months.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet.
- Add rice & pasta mixture to the melted butter and cook till golden.
- Add seasoning mixture and 2 cups of water to pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
Check out more delicious recipes!