Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe
I’ve recently switched to eating only whole foods. I’ve had to play around with some recipes to try & find whole food ways of making some of my favorites. Pancakes are something we love in our house & my husband likes to make them for our girls every weekend. Our favorite recipe called Favorite Pancakes was given to me almost 10 years ago by my friend Little John. I usually cut this recipe in half as it will make 2 dozen pancakes (if you cut in 1/2 use 2 eggs).
Or you can make the recipe as is and freeze the extra pancakes for mornings when you need a quick breakfast!
Don’t forget to look for coupons for these ingredients in our Coupon Database!
Check out more delicious recipes!
- 3 eggs
- 3 C whole milk
- 6 Tbsp butter (I use cold butter & grate it) plus some to grease pan
- 2 1/2 C Whole wheat flour, sifted (I used King Arthurs unbleached White Whole Wheat Flour)
- 2 ripe, mashed bananas
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat griddle to 350° F or skillet to medium
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mash bananas in a bowl, grate butter & all other wet ingredients & mix.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients & stir or whisk until just combined.
- Add butter to griddle or skillet
- Pour 1/4 cup mix for each pancake onto griddle.
- After bubbles form onto flip pancakes over & continue to cook until golden brown & cooked through.
- Eat plain or add some pure maple syrup & enjoy!
- Makes about 2 dozen pancakes.