Clam Sauce Recipe With Fettuccine
With this Clam Sauce Recipe, you won’t mind having leftovers. If your family loves this fettuccine as much as mine does, you might want to make extra to have some for later.
Even though we used fettuccine as the base pasta, this easy-to-make recipe can be made with either Fettuccine or Linguine.
How to Make Clam Sauce
Clam Sauce is one of the easiest and quickest sauces to make. Very little preparation and culinary skills are required.
In many recipes, fresh ingredients are often best, but fresh clams will not be needed for this one. Just find canned, chopped clams at your local grocery store, and they will do just fine. The buttery texture of the sauce together with the optional white wine will give you a great final flavor that the whole family will love.
Clam Sauce Recipe with Fettuccine
- 1 lb Fettuccine
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 lb white mushrooms chopped
- 2 6.5 oz cans chopped clams w/ juice
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup white wine optional
Fettuccine Pasta Instructions
- Add a pinch of salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Add Fettuccine pasta (Or Linguine) and cook until al dente. About 12-12 min.
Clam Sauce Instructions
- In a large skillet melt the butter
- Add onion and cook until softened
- Add the garlic and mushrooms to the skillet and sauce until everything is golden brown.
- Add clams (with juice), (optional white wine), salt, pepper and parsley to the mix.
- Cook over medium heat until clams are hot.
- Pour clam sauce onto the pasta and toss until pasta is evenly coated.
- Place serving on dinner plate and garnish with parmesan cheese.
Check out more delicious Frugal Recipes!
Let us know how you liked this recipe by commenting and rating the recipe below.