Chocolate Macaroon Pie Recipe
This ✅Chocolate Macaroon Pie Recipe is definitely share worthy!
It is an easy recipe for a ✅gluten free, dairy free, and egg free pie.
This recipe is so easy that my daughter has been making this recipe on her own since she was ten.
We first made it to bring to a running event that a friend started called “Pie Mile.” The idea is that runners (not me!) run a timed mile and then celebrate by eating pie. It’s always so much fun to see friends meet their running goals, but the best part is the pie! Actually this Pie Mile is what got my daughter excited about cooking and sharing her creations.
My daughter has made this recipe dozens of times – for Thanksgiving, Pie Mile, Valentine’s Day, and even as a Christmas gift for a dear friend who has many food allergies.
The Chocolate Macaroon Pie Recipe is below.
Chocolate Macaroon Pie
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate non-dairy
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- raspberries fresh
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix crust ingredients using your hands. The coconut mix will be very sticky so coat your hands with coconut oil. Then, press it into a 9 inch pie dish, that has been generously greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden on edges. Remove from oven, let cool completely while preparing filling.
- Combine chocolate and coconut milk over a double boiler. Gently melt the mixture, then stir in coconut sugar.
- When chocolate is melted and there are no lumps, remove from heat. Whisk in coconut oil.
- Pour chocolate filling into cooled pie shell. Place in refrigerator to set chocolate. After about 15 minutes, top with fresh raspberries. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Allow pie to come to room temperature about 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy everyone’s compliments!