Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe
If you have chicken and bacon lovers in your house, you will definitely want to try this Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe. It is simple to make and the prep time is very short. Best of all, you can use many different pieces of chicken: Chicken breasts, thighs and legs can all be used with this recipe. The spices combined with brown sugar give it a sweet and spicy flavor, and the bacon helps keep the chicken juicy.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Making Bacon Wrapped Chicken is super easy and does not take long to make. The key to keeping it simple is prepping the ingredients beforehand.
For starters, make sure that your chicken pieces are roughly the same size. Using uniform pieces of chicken not only makes it easier to wrap with bacon, but it also ensures that the chicken cooks evenly and that all pieces are done at the same time.
You can apply “rubs” on chicken many different ways. We like to mix all the dry ingredients together with a small amount of olive oil before applying. Dry rubs look a lot nicer when applied to chicken, but having a slightly moist rub will ensure that the chicken is completely coated. Just do what works best for you.
Bacon lovers out there know that there are many different cuts of bacon. Some like it thicker, and some like thin bacon. For this recipe, thin bacon actually works best because the chicken will take less time to cook. Using thin bacon also makes the wrap crispier.
When wrapping the bacon around the chicken, you are going for flavor and not necessarily looks. Just cover as much of the chicken as you can, but it does not have to be entirely covered.
How to Tell When the Chicken Is Done
Because the chicken is wrapped in bacon, it will be super juicy as long as you do not overcook it. Slicing a piece open is the easiest way to tell if chicken is done. If the chicken is completely white with no pink juices running out of it, it is done cooking. However, if the chicken is not done when you cut it open, you will have to return it to the oven, where it will begin to dry out.
To avoid drying out your chicken, use a meat thermometer to ensure that you do not overcook and still keep the chicken juicy. Insert the thermometer into the middle of the chicken, and make sure the temperature reaches 165 F.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 4-8 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar split in 2 halves
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together half the brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add the olive oil to the dry mixture and mix throughly.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and completely coat chicken.
- Wrap each chicken breast with the bacon. Place the chicken breasts in a baking pan or ovenproof skillet.
- Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through, basting the chicken occasionally with the pan drippings.
- For extra crispy bacon, broil for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with parsley
- Serve and Enjoy
Check out more delicious Frugal Recipes!
Let us know how you liked this recipe by commenting and rating the recipe below.