Blueberry Lemon Popsicle Recipe
Every day in the month of June we are bringing you a yummy popsicle recipe in our 30-Days of Popsicle Recipes series! Be sure to check back each day to see what new icy-cold Popsicle treats we have in store for you
With a recent score of a flat of blueberries I just knew I had to make a Blueberry Lemon popsicle recipe. It is such a classic flavor combination. The lemon cream is swirled layered with some juicy blueberries and it is just PERFECT for a hot summer day!
- 1 Cup Fresh Or Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Cup Cup Sugar, Divided
- 1 Cup Cream
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Lemon
- In a small saucepan cook the blueberries and 1/4 cup sugar until the berries pop and release their juices. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the milk and cream and the other 3/4 cup sugar and stir until dissolved.
- With a zester zest the lemon and add the zest to the cream.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and add juice (straining to remove seeds as needed) to the cream mixture.
- Stir mixture once more to combine and make sure the sugar is fully dissolved into the liquid.
- Layer the lemon cream and blueberry mixture in three layers, beginning and ending with the lemon cream with a layer of blueberry in the middle, into your popsicle mold.
- Freeze until solid.
- Unmold and enjoy!