My mini garden is still bursting with zucchini and so I am needing something new to use up some. There is only so much zucchini bread you can make!
So what’s for dinner tonight? Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet
[pullquote align=”right”]More Dinner Ideas! [catlist name=recipes-blog tags=itswhatsfordinner orderby=rand numberposts=5] [/pullquote]
I love this one dish meal. Less dishes = one happy dishwasher! And the recipe is frugal too using common stockpile ingredients like canned beans and tomatoes as well as rice & cheese (which you canwhen you find it on sale). And then of course the star of the recipe is summer’s most prolific vegetable – zucchini!
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1-1/2 cups quartered lengthwise, sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
For the full recipe and directions please head on over to Ready Set Eat!
What is on your menu plan for dinner tonight? Leave us a comment below and share. Links to yummy recipes are welcome too!