Easy-to-make Homemade Pesto recipe that is poerfect for the garden season.
- 2 Cups Fresh Basil Leaves Packed
- 2 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves Packed
- 1 Cups Parmesan Cheese freshly grated is best, but because I am cheap sometimes I go ahead and use the Kraft brand
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Medium Garlic Cloves Peeled
- 2/3 Cup Pine Nuts (You can substitute Walnuts if you prefer)
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
Combine basil, spinach, garlic and pine nuts in the bowl of a food processor, pulse a few times.
Slowly stream the olive oil through the food processor feed tube while the processor is running on low speed. About half way through, stop the food processor to scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is getting processed.
Add the grated Parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt & pepper to taste and pulse a few times to incorporate.
Calories: 2941kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 304g | Saturated Fat: 51g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1658mg | Potassium: 1106mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 8939IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 1354mg | Iron: 10mg