Totally Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe
How can you go wrong with bacon, cream cheese, sour cream, chives, cheese? You cannot, not with this recipe for totally loaded mashed potatoes. It has everything but the kitchen sink in it.
Might as well rub it on your thighs because that is where is is going.
But it is so good, and there are never any leftovers…so give it a try!
We like to serve this with meatloaf or maybe some grilled chicken but it is also really quite the show stopper when we bring it to a potluck gathering with friends and family. There is nothing left at the end of the dinner except an empty casserole dish!
Don’t forget to look for coupons for these ingredients in our Coupon Database!
- 3 Pounds of Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut unto cubes
- 1 Stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 Cup of milk
- 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese
- 1 Cup of sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 12 – 16 oz. Thick sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Bunch green onions (green & white parts) or chives, diced
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the potatoes until they are fork tender, drain.
- With a mixer (we use our Kitchen-Aid Stand Mixer), beat the cooked potatoes with the butter, milk, cream cheese, sour cream and spices until nice and creamy.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes into a baking dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the top of the mashed potatoes with the cheese, cooked and crumbed bacon, and green onions or chives.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for 30 minutes.
Don’t miss these frugal recipes…