Target Red Card
Thinking about getting a ✅ Target Red Card (Go here)?
If you have been on the fence, now is the time to get one! I have had my ✅ Target Red Credit Card for over 7 years now, and the pros way outweigh the cons.
I actually wish I had not been so hesitant to get my Target Red Card!
See the Pros and Cons of the Target Red Card Below!
Target Red Card Pros:
- Save an extra 5% on most purchases in-store or online when you use your Target Red Card.
- Save 5% when you use your REDcard at any in-store Starbucks location.
- Get Free 2 day Shipping at Target.com to any US address at any time of the year on hundreds of thousands of items.
- Get 30 extra days for returns.
- The newest Target Red Card has chip & pin security.
- Super coupons print at register (mix of Target and Manufacturer).
- It’s easy to pay via bank bill pay (even before the bill cuts).
- You can call 1-800 # to check balance or transactions.
- You occasionally get exclusive coupons in your monthly bill envelope.
- You get a 10% off coupon good in-store for your Red Card anniversary.
Target Red Card Cons:
- In order to see your bill online, you have to agree to have NO snail mail bill (I won’t agree since I like to see it in print, so I have to call to check balance or hear transactions).
- When you earn Gift Cards in store, you don’t get 5% off that portion of your future purchase (the computer subtracts the gift card portion of payment before figuring 5%).
- You need to use a pin code with your Target Red Card purchases, which means that you need to remember the pin code.
- I feel more Target loyal, which probably gets me to go there more often when there are closer stores to my house. (This is not really a con because Target is a better shopping experience usually but I spend more money at Target.)
PS. We always pay credit cards in full. Until recently, we were paying before the bill cut. But since Discover started putting FICO score on our bills, we realized our score goes up if we wait until the bill cuts before paying it.
Don’t forget to use your Target Red Card (details here) so you can save an extra 5%.