Red Wine Sangria Recipe
This week I am sure many of us are planning ahead to 4th of July cookouts and celebrations. And if you enjoy a refreshing adult beverage you will definitely want to check this Red Wine Sangria Recipe out. I first made my own red wine sangria about 4 years ago when were having a big backyard cookout. It was a huge hit! But since we moved in the last 3 years and I am less than organized, of course when it came time to make something for our family cookout this May I couldn’t find the recipe. I really wanted to make the same red wine sangria I had made then and I knew it had brandy and triple sec in it. So I went to my new favorite place to find inspiration, Pinterest, and searched. There are a lot of different ways to make sangria but this recipe I found from The Recipe Girl seemed as close to what I had made before as any of them. I changed it up a little according to how I remember making it and doubled it for a large crowd. Definitely let it chill overnight if you can! I think it makes all the difference. I like that this is not too sweet but yet refreshing and it isn’t too heavy for those hot summer get togethers.
Don’t forget to look for coupons for these ingredients in our Coupon Database!
- 4 Large Oranges, Washed; Two Sliced, Two Juiced (reserve some of the orange slices as garnish)
- 2 Lemons, Washed and Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 Cup Brandy
- 2 – 750ml Bottles Inexpensive Red Wine (I used Yellow Tail Sweet Red)
- 1 Liter Bottle Sparkling Water, Chilled
- Add sliced orange,lemon and sugar to large pitcher; mash gently with wooden spoon until fruit releases some juice, but is not totally crushed, and sugar dissolves, about 1 minute.
- Stir in orange juice, Triple Sec, brandy and wine; refrigerate for at least 2 hours but ideally overnight with a min of 8 hours.
- Before serving add the sparkling water and stir. Pour over ice and add sliced oranges as garnish on glasses if desired.
Check out more delicious recipes!