Layered Chicken Taco Salad Recipe
This is a great frugal recipe that has that “wow” factor all layered up in a large glass bowl. Use up leftover cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken from the grocery store works!) and start layering your ingredients. Our family loves salads and while the weather is cooling down a little bit I want to take advantage of fresh garden veggies as much as I can!
- 3 cup Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cup cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 2 can (11oz each) Mexicorn, whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped (tops too)
- 1 1/2 cup southwest tortilla strips (or chips)
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup French dressing
What is on your menu plan for dinner tonight? Leave us a comment below and share. Links to yummy recipes are welcome too!