Say goodbye to Krusteaz or Aunt Jemima with this homemade instant pancake mix. Mix up a big batch and store it in a tight lidded storage container and you are always ready for homemade pancakes in the morning. This is also a great mix to take with you when camping!
- 12 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cups Sugar
- 1 ½ Cups Dry Buttermilk Powder*
- 3 Tablespoons Baking Soda
- 6 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with a wire whisk to combine well.
- Store in a dry cool place in a tight lidded container for up to 3 months.
To Prepare Pancakes:
- For every 1 ½ cups of dry mix add 1 egg, 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil and 2/3 cup of water.
- Stir until just combined.
- If the batter is too dry add a little more water.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan on medium heat until a drop of water “dances” across the hot surface. Add a little butter or oil to the pan or omit if using a non-stick pan or griddle.
- Pour pancake batter on griddle in desired amount for the size of pancakes wanted.
- Cook on first side until bubbles appear and pop.
- Flip pancakes over and cook on other side 2-3 minutes until done and no longer doughy inside.
* Most grocery stores also carry dry buttermilk powder.
Check out more delicious recipes!