Tea Light Holders
Create a wintry frosty setting yet warmed up considerably from the soft glow of flickering candlelight with these super easy and inexpensive frosty tea light holders. This is a great way to upcycle food jars that otherwise would go in the recycling bin.
The cost of this project is super cheap and you may already have all the materials on hand except the Epsom salts which can be found at just about any grocery, drug or national chain store.
- Jars of any size(s) you wish. Cleaned & dried
- Mod Podge (or white school glue mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with water)
- Paint brush
- Epsom salt
- Ribbon, embroidery floss or any other pretty thing to tie around them
- Shallow pan or box
- Wax paper, foil or paper plate to sit you candle holder on to dry
Tea Light Holder Instructions:
- Pour a layer of Epsom salt into your pan or box.
- Coat your jars with Mod Podge using a paint brush.
- Sprinkle, roll or whatever method you like the Epsom salt onto the jar.
- Sit on wax paper to dry.
- After it’s completely dry tap the jar to remove excess salts & tie a pretty bow, drop in a tea light candle & enjoy!
Notes: I sprayed mine with with a clear gloss to make sure it was more icy looking but I don’t think it’s necessary. I think I want to see what it looks like with glitter too! These look great on my cake stand with some pine cones & ornaments.