Asiago Mashed Potatoes
This is a very simple recipe you can make with leftover mashed potatoes. I had some that I made with asiago cheese from another recipe. So I decided to fry the extra up and see how they would be as a snack.
They came out crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. My honey gave these Asiago Mashed Potatoes two thumbs up! You could probably substitute any other shredded cheese or grated cheese you want.
Don’t forget to look for coupons for these ingredients in our Coupon Database!
- 2-3 Medium White Potatoes, Cooked and Mashed As You Normally Do
- 2-3 Ounces Shredded Asiago Cheese
- Olive Oil or Pam
- Add 2 or 3 ounces of the cheese to mashed potatoes and mix.
- Pour potatoes onto a flat surface (Waxed paper works well for this.)
- Heat frying pan with olive oil on top of stove.
- Flatten into a 1/2 thick round.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut out circles.
- Sprinkle with a little more cheese if desired.
- Place into medium hot pan and fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully flip and brown other side.
- Remove cooked patties from pan and place on plate lined with paper towel to absorb any oil.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Serve with ketchup, sour cream or a dipping sauce as desired.
- Do not whip your mashed potatoes, they need a little substance to stick together.