Cranberry Orange Granola Recipe
Let’s face it, granola in the stores is pricey. A bag of granola where I live can easily run $3.00 -$4.00 for a 16 oz. bag. But making your own is so simple and frugal too.
This cranberry orange granola recipe runs me about $1.50 in ingredients. Much cheaper. Plus, I have 100% control of the ingredients in my granola. No artificial sweeteners, colors or preservatives. Just good old-fashioned ingredients! Making it could not be easier. It literally takes me minutes to whip up a batch of granola on a Sunday night after the kids go to bed and then I have an easy breakfast in the morning all-week long.
I like to eat my granola with a little soy milk or over some nice vanilla Greek yogurt. But, my husband likes to eat his plain – straight from the jar or bag! No matter how you like to eat your granola give this recipe a try…it’s a winner in my book!
Don’t forget to look for coupons for these ingredients in our Coupon Database!
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large orange
- Pre-heat oven to 350°,
- Using a zester, zest your orange and then cut in in half and juice it.
- Throw orange rind away.
- Combine oats, cranberries, honey, oil, pecans, cinnamon, orange zest and orange juice in a large bowl.
- Stir well to combine and throughout coat the oats with the liquids.
- Dump contents of of bowl onto two large rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or until everything is nicely toasted and golden brown.
- Let cool and transfer to an airtight container. Can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 weeks (but it won’t last that long it is SO tasty!
Check out more delicious recipes!