Cowboy Lasagna Recipe
Tonight is a busy night for our family as several of the kids have places they need to be and while it would be easy to run and pick up burgers at a fast food joint I also know that in order for me to be able to afford their extra curricular activities that I need to make meals at home and skip going out.
So when I spotted this recipe I knew this would be one of those meals I could quickly throw together and have on the table for busy nights.
This recipe is quick and easy and best of all frugal. And you know I love that! And you can actually make this casserole up in advance and freeze it for a nice freezer meal. In fact what I am planning on doing is making a double batch. One to cook tonight and one for the freezer!
See our other great Frugal recipes here!
- 1 lb of ground beef
- Minced onions – 4 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce – generous sprinkling
- Parsley – roughly 3 tbsp, divided
- One can of tomato soup – 10 3/4 ozs
- One can of corn – 15.25 ozs
- Dried ground mustard – 3 tbsp
- One package of tater tots – 32 ozs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mozzarella cheese – roughly 4 cups
- Brown ground beef with spices – drain.
- Add can of soup and can of corn, simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In a greased 9×13 baking dish, arrange tator tots in single layer. Cover with 2 cups of cheese. Pour ground beef mixture over top and cover with remaining cheese and 1 tbsp of parsley.
- Place in a 350F oven for 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe credit to Peppermint Mocha Mama!
What is on your menu plan for dinner tonight? Leave us a comment below and share. Links to yummy recipes are welcome too!