Yearly Budget

VivaciousJewelz

Mod of the Month March 2011 Plays with Fire
Trader Group
HCWers!! Oh my goodness, have I missed this forum! I can't even begin to tell y'all what a crazy couple years it's been, lol. I graduated college, had another kid, and moved to TEXAS (I was near DC before).

Anyway, I'm starting to gear up for the new year and I'm trying to plan my new budget. I remember doing a yearly budget for 2010, and I am thinking of trying to that again, though obviously I can't use the same amount. I was just curious- does anyone else do a yearly budget? If not, does anyone have any new cool budget plans for 2018 (did I just type that??)?

:)

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
I envy all of you who have a budget and stick to it, I pay my bills, but never really budget on paper. I set aside money for upcoming expenses, but I really lack savings, especially a savings acount. There is always an unexpected expense, esp with my 3 teens. Next year, I know to expect my twin nieces' Communion and the will cost me a few hundred bucks. Also on the horizon, I need to pay for D3's AP exams, get dental work done for me and d1 (luckily we have insurance), and oh , yes, D3's high school graduation party. Wish me luck!

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
Jewelz!!!!!!! I was just thinking about you a few days ago! Welcome back! It sounds like you've been a busy girl!

As far as a budget, I'm in a similar boat as Jastwins. I don't have an actual budget for the year. Like her, I look ahead and save for upcoming (known) expenses. I've been doing better about building up a savings account (don't tell my Hubby...or he'll spend it!), but I can't help you with your question. But...I'm pretty sure there are people here who can. I look forward to reading the answers.

In the meantime...keep posting!!!

KmmCo

Trader Group
I do a monthly budget, but I am trying to watch for those yearly gotcha's from the last couple of years and plan a little better for them. Some of them couldn't be helped - like the funeral trip in Oct. - but some things I could plan a little better for!

VivaciousJewelz

Mod of the Month March 2011 Plays with Fire
Trader Group
Awww hi my friends! This community has been a lifesaver over the years...almost a decade for me, wow!

I'm thinking of a yearly budget just for groceries and household stuff, not for everything. God knows something always comes up. I am doing more considering and looking over how much we use, and I know we have had a ton of waste this past year, too, so I need to pay more attention.

I am thinking maybe $5000 for our little family of 4, plus 5 fireballs. That might be ambitious, esp since I know couponing ain't what it used to be, but I think that would be a good place to start.

saving-n-va

Trader Group
HCWers!! Oh my goodness, have I missed this forum! I can't even begin to tell y'all what a crazy couple years it's been, lol. I graduated college, had another kid, and moved to TEXAS (I was near DC before).

Anyway, I'm starting to gear up for the new year and I'm trying to plan my new budget. I remember doing a yearly budget for 2010, and I am thinking of trying to that again, though obviously I can't use the same amount. I was just curious- does anyone else do a yearly budget? If not, does anyone have any new cool budget plans for 2018 (did I just type that??)?

:)

Hi lady!

I bet you are thrilled to be out of DC! I am considering a move myself.

Saving-n-VA