Yard sale, flea market, thrift store and consignment brags!

Discussion in 'It's Got To Go!' started by queenofthehivemomof5, Aug 31, 2006.

Moderators: ~~WhoMe?~~
  1. kwhile0599

kwhile0599 ╔══╗<br>╚╗╔╝<br>╔╝(¯`v´¯)<br>╚══`.¸.Bacon! Trader Group

It was hideously perfect - I so wanted it [MENTION=215617]judy27[/MENTION] - but couldn't risk it busting out from under me - like yesterday's Let The Bodies Hit The Floor-kinda day I had :giggle2: Someone had obviously done some serious hard time(out) in that chair!

judy27 likes this.
  2. greenfrog57

greenfrog57 Mod Of The Month July 2011 Administrator Super Mod Trader Group

I went to one quick yard sale this morning and picked up this for $2. I actually only bought it for the chain. I break them like crazy.
    necklace.JPG

judy27 likes this.
  3. judy27

judy27 Well-Known Member Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

I got THIS today!!!!! It is an acorn picker upper!!!!! I just saw it on EBAY for $59.99 and I got it for $5!!!!!!

My BFF picks up acorns.... which means that I pick up acorns and puts them in big 20 pound Tidy Cats Litter buckets and feeds the squirrels all year long. We usually get around 15 buckets!!! This should be fun!!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  4. queenofthehivemomof5

queenofthehivemomof5 Admin Hottie Trader Group

I have never seen such a contraption! I bet that would work for picking up pecans under a tree too...not that I have a pecan or acorn (oak) tree...but still a cool thingamajig!

5. judy27

It sure would pick them up!!!! I was just messing around with it and it was picking up rocks!!!! I can't wait to try it out - fall will be here soon enough!!!!! I will let y'all know how it works out!!!;)

3timesoccermom likes this.
  6. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original Dinner Guru

It does - FIL has one and picks up his pecans with it (he's almost 90). My sister has one too.

bugface711 and judy27 like this.
  7. judy27

Well, COOL!!!!!! YAY!!!!! Thanks for letting me know Renee!!!!!

8. jonjaktez

jonjaktez Troublemaker Trader Group

Vintage 70s wooden purse. I love love love these purses. I bought one online, I'm waiting for it to arrive and a lady in a FB group is sending me an original kit for free so I can do my own design. $15 at goodwill.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

9. MsSweetCheeks

MsSweetCheeks Mod Of The Month March 2012<br>The Grand Theft <br Trader Group

My last trip to the thrift store I found a pair of Sketcher shoes for $1.

Then, the last two yard sales I went to, I found a robe for $2 and some Bath and Body Works lotions and body spritzes for $2. I love finding Bath and Body Works products at yard sales.

greenfrog57 likes this.
  10. MsSweetCheeks

MsSweetCheeks Mod Of The Month March 2012<br>The Grand Theft <br Trader Group

Yesterday, I went to 2nd time around and found a pretty coffee cup it's blue with white polka dots. I love it for drinking hot tea. Then, I also found 2 pairs of warm fuzzy socks.

I also went to The Arc and I found 2 scars, 2 pairs of earings, 2 long sleeve shirts and 4 sweaters.

Grand total was $12.75.

I would post pics of my finds but my camera is acting crazy.

Moderators: ~~WhoMe?~~