Yakisoba noodles...what I do with the veggie packets

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
My family loves the Yakisoba noodles...but I'm the only one who puts the veggie packet in when I cook them. Everyone else leaves it on the counter, because they don't like it.

So...I save them in a container in my cabinet. Then, when I'm making vegetable soup, I toss them in! My vegetable soup is never the same twice anyway...because it depends on what veggies I have on hand. So, adding some extra cabbage, peas and corn never hurts!

**This is ONLY for the vegetable packets...not for the flavor packets. They are separate packets in the Yakisoba noodles.

enginerd

Trader Group
That's a great idea! My family doesn't like the veggies either. I just save them and put double in mine because I do like them.

A

ari'smom

Great idea! I love vegetable soup. I don't love the Yakisoba, though. I do ♥ the Nissin brand Chow Mein noodles. Yum yum. The Yakisoba is too much like ramen to me, and I'd just as soon have that than the Yakisoba.

rrpate

Member Of The Month Feb. 2011
Trader Group
good idea... some of them are a bit spicy for me so i just use powdered bullion and have those spice pks left.... i know its loaded with sodium but ya know something has to kill ya!

A

ari'smom

I find that the ones I buy are sometimes a little much for me taste and/or spice wise too, so I just use part of the flavor packet. They are more of a soy sauce type mixture though so you probably couldn't do bullion with them anyway. But I do that sometimes with the ramen, and vice versa. I will borrow the flavor packet when I've run out of bullion lol..

CW&M Mom

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶Dugalina٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ ᙢᘎG!
Trader Group
Great idea!

I always use way less of the flavor packets. No reason you have to add it all!

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
Great idea!

I always use way less of the flavor packets. No reason you have to add it all!

Same here! I probably use less than half of the flavor packet. I'm just glad that the veggie packet is separate from the flavor packet!

A

ari'smom

I guess if you were really thrifty you could save the left overs from the flavor packets in a small jar, then you could use them in the soup with the leftover veggie packets lol. But that might be beyond even my level of frugal lol. Still.... :wink7:

M

momto8kiddos

Another thing you could do is rehydrate them in some boiling water for several minutes and put them in fried rice.

My kids love the Yakisoba. I add a beaten egg to them with the water to add some protein.