Winners are posts 22, 19, 15 done dealIt's my Birthday RAOK! Tell me a favorite birthday memory!

Discussion in 'Random Acts Of Kindness “RAOK” Giveaways' started by jastwins, Jun 25, 2019.

Moderators: catara
  1. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

Today is my birthday and I am wearing my tiara (stole d2's prom queen tiara this morning!) all day.

Tell us a favorite birthday story or funny memory of your birthday or any birthday party you attended.

Since I have not posted an RAOK this year, I am giving away to 3 winners one of 3 envies with 25 coupons and the following prizes. One envie will contain $5 CC, A second envie will contain 5 forever stamps and a third envie will contain 5 extra ounce stamps. Random number selector will choose the winners.

You may post as often as you like. I will pick 3 winners on Friday. Let the posting begin!!

2. itsfun2save

itsfun2save Active Member Trader Group

Happy birthday to you! We just celebrated my mom's birthday this past Saturday. She turned 69. I baked a chocolate cake and we boiled shrimp and potatoes. Yum!

3. Linda_in_FL

Linda_in_FL Cancer Research Warrior! Trader Group

Happy birthday Jasmine!!

This is SORT of a BD story. I have hemophilia so adopted our child. She was due on DEC 10th. I was a nurse and preceptor to a nun (Sr. Catherine) (another nurse). Her BD was Dec. 10th and she told me that if I could adopt a baby due on HER BD, then the baby was a girl she wanted to be her adopted godmother. Dec. 10 came and went - No baby. Sr. Catherine decided that the baby was coming on MY BD - Dec 20th. Same on my BD.
    On Dec 25 my husband (Then a Dr. no longer alive) worked all day in Coronary Care Unit and I volunteered to work in A DIFFERENT hospital where Sr. Catherine and I worked. She was off because of her religion - different than ours.
    She invited me to dinner and a late Christmas mass after work and I went there. When I got home about MN, there was a phone call - the baby was born about 11:10 PM on CHRISTMAS DAY. I called the convent the next day - Sr. Catherine was at the retreat but they called her. I told her that her "adopted Goddaughter" was born on Christmas Day - She was elated!! - The Saturday before Easter she came to visit us and brought Ilene an Easter bunny PJ!!!

xxx to all
    Linda

4. Fillies Fan

Fillies Fan International Man of Mystery! Trader Group

I was supposed to be born on Christmas Day in 1945.

My mother was prepared for that. (I was not as nobody had bothered informing me.) However, my mother got a big shock when her brother (my uncle) showed up at her front door on Dec 11. He had been busy for the past few years fighting men who were wearing Wehrmacht uniforms and then served as part of the Occupation forces until his discharge.

My mother had thought he was still in Germany and was so shocked to see him that she went into early labor and I was born two weeks early.

Happy Birthday, Jasmine, and if one of your incredibly gorgeous daughters has nothing to do on Dec 11, she is welcome to come here and help me celebrate my birthday!

5. Lori63

Lori63 Well-Known Member Trader Group

Happy Birthday!! One of my favorite memories is my mom always fixing a pumpkin pie instead of a cake because that's what I wanted :)

6. Lori63

And Hamloaf-anyone know what that is?

7. mary topinka

mary topinka Active Member Trader Group

Happy birthday to you. My fav was my thirteen birthday my grandfather gave me and my last year with my grand father. We loved to go shopping every month and going to russle stover candy store . lots of memories.

8. flowerkitty

flowerkitty Super Swapper Trader Group

Happy Birthday!
    One of my favorite birthday parties was the year my daughter threw me a party/bbq & we were able to celebrate outside on her patio. As a surprise she invited some of my friends to help celebrate.

9. pretty woman

pretty woman Active Member Trader Group

Happy Birthday My favor birthday when my DH and DD and my DS took me out brought a special gift anytime on my birthday when i am with my family is special

10. Linda_in_FL

Is Hamloaf like Meatloaf but made with HAM instead of chopmeat???? Never had it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fillies Fan likes this.
  11. Fillies Fan

Fillies Fan International Man of Mystery! Trader Group

I don't believe it kosher for Passover.

jastwins likes this.
  12. Lori63

Yep-ground ham, not sure what else-something that makes it sweet-maybe pineapple on top?

My ex-husband gave me a surprise party when I turned 40. I was totally in the dark :)

13. Linda_in_FL

NO Fillies Fan - Never saw Ham that is kosher ANYTIME!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all OK there.

Linda

Fillies Fan and jastwins like this.
  14. Jorainna

Jorainna Finder of Lost "Blinkies" Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

Happy Belated Birthday, Jasmine!

One of the biggest birthday parties I ever went to was last September when my mother-in-law turned 80 years old. It was held in her church's fellowship hall and was a mix of church members, friends and family. Everyone brought a dish, so it was a big potluck. Oh yeah, it was a "surprise" birthday party at that ... she thought she was going to a choir practice! :p

15. flowerkitty

flowerkitty Super Swapper Trader Group

This year my husband took the day off for my birthday ( usually my husband & daughter both take off to spend the day w/me but DD just started a new job).
    We played mini golf, saw the butterflies at the butterfly house, did a little shopping at the outlet mall( love the Vera Bradley bday gift I got w/ the bday postcard), had lunch at Red Robin then met my DD & her husband at our fave Mexican restaurant for dinner. We finished the day with cake at my mother's. It was a great day.

16. southerncouponlady

southerncouponlady Well-Known Member Trader Group

Happy Birthday! -Jasmine! hope it was an awesome one! one of my favorite birthday memories was the years I was in elementary school. my mom was a stay at home wonderful mom/housewife, seamstress, and friend all into one. she made me my favorite foods and had them ready when I got home from school on my birthday. she made me a home made layer cake and flavored and tinted the icing with kool aid.it was soo pretty! my mom would go to really expensive stores and find a dress she liked. then she'd go to the cloth store and buy a pattern that was similar and pick lace, buttons, artificial flowers, etc and make my dresses prettier than the big expensive stores dresses! she was very talented! then she'd stay up all night the night before my birthday and sew the
    most beautiful dress and have it pressed soo pretty so that I could wear it to school the next day! now that was an awesome birthday!

17. pretzel18

pretzel18 Active Member Trader Group

Happy Birthday, Jasmine:)
    I have had many really nice birthdays, but if I had to pick one it's the one where I got engaged. And he's still a great guy, all these years later:rolleyes:

18. southerncouponlady

southerncouponlady Well-Known Member Trader Group

thanks for giving us all this chance jasmine! a late Happy Birthday to you! the birthday after my husband had got killed in a bad wreck-2 days before Christmas--was one of my best I can remember.
    my 3 sons were older --the youngest was 13 . they surprised me with the most beautiful cake that i'd ever seen- it was soo beautiful-I truly didn't want to see it cut and eaten. it had angels, hearts, ballons, and beautiful roses all over it! it was soo beautiful. they got awesome wings from a wing place near us- with fried mushrooms and cheese sticks, raw fries,etc. they got birthday balloons! and presents! my son's girlfriend and some other friends help pull it off- it was such a surprise! so a much dreaded day turned into a beautiful, loving day-that took my mind off of bad thoughts and dread. it showed me how loving and caring --and grown up my boys were that day! it showed me how much I had to look forward to and how much I was cared about and loved!

19. busyasabeecrg

busyasabeecrg °ʅ︵ʃ° Member of the (°‿°) Month 11/2010 - (▬) - Trader Group

Jasmine,
    Hope your birthday was wonderful and may all your wishes come true!

I have a few "favorite" birthdays, but one of the most meaningful with lasting pleasure was when I turned 8 years old. I lived on a farm/ranch in WA state and wanted a horse...not a pony!
    My dad brought a horse for me to see if I liked it, but my brother (14 years older and with concern I might get hurt) told my dad that he would ride this horse and decide whether I should have it or not. Much to my horror, this horse raced straight for a tree and a branch knocked my 6 ft. tall brother off.
    The conversation was not going well for me...the horse was too spirited, etc. But I insisted I could handle this 1/2 Arab, 1/2 Quarter horse mare and finally my dad allowed me to test out a ride. I must have been a "horse whisperer" long before that term was used, because I not only rode her with no problems and totally "bonded" with her...then at 13 years old I won the Championship of the State of Washington in Equitation (which is the art and practice of horsemanship and horse riding) and also Pole Bending (a timed event that features a horse and one mounted rider, running a weaving or serpentine path around six poles arranged in a line). In pole bending with a team of 4 adults, I was chosen to ride last. My horse was rearing to go...standing up on her hind legs with the forelegs off the ground...the crowd cheering and I caught the baton from rider #3 in mid air and made up enough time for the win! I could not have had a happier life than those years spent there. We moved to CA in the 2nd half of my junior year so, sad to say, I had to sell my horses (had 2 by that time...my mare had a filly).

I will never understand what happened. A buyer took my 1st horse in a trailer 11 miles to his home. The next morning, to our complete disbelief, my horse was back in our pasture. She had jumped the buyer's fence and came home to me and he had no idea where she had disappeared to...I would have said this is impossible!!

20. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

I am enjoying your stories and will pick the winners by 8:00 pm tonight. Keep on posting!!

Jorainna and Fillies Fan like this.
Moderators: catara