Who in your household is in charge of the budget?

Discussion in 'Hot Entrepreneurs: Build Wealth & Share Links' started by queenofthehivemomof5, Oct 16, 2013.

?

In your household who is in charge of the budget?

1. Me

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. My Spouse or Significant Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. We both are

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. Neither of us

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. queenofthehivemomof5

queenofthehivemomof5 Admin Hottie Trader Group

In your household who is in charge of the budget?

2. wookin

wookin Well-Known Member Trader Group

Well I am in charge of the budget and I choose to raise the debt ceiling but only temporarily until I can spend all of it and I can raise the ceiling again.:hysterical6:

3. joshmamabear

joshmamabear Member Of The Month Nov. 2011 Trader Group

DH and I are both in charge and accountable so those times when there's not enough, we either utilize what we already have or just do without. IOW, we review our priorities and make sure the 'must pay' bills are met. We have not yet gone to the point of using CCs just to meet our obligations.

4. clippyclippy

clippyclippy (> ” ” <) Heeeeeeere ( =’o'= ) kitty Trader Group

I put that I'm in charge of the budget, because I created it, manage it on YNAB and pay the bills. But we make decisions together as necessary - he'd just rather not be bothered, and I have more time. But we talk about it regularly.
    I'm tight reigned when it comes to spending, so it's probably better that way :wink7:

5. VivaciousJewelz

VivaciousJewelz Mod of the Month March 2011 Plays with Fire Trader Group

Do you mean, who THINKS they are in charge, or who is REALLY in charge? :hysterical:

6. queenofthehivemomof5

queenofthehivemomof5 Admin Hottie Trader Group

I would say that in our household it is me. I mean we talk about it together. But I bring it up more than he does that's for sure!

7. rrpate

rrpate Member Of The Month Feb. 2011 Trader Group

dh's budget... what ever is in his pocket at the time.. if its gone he just gets more! nary a thought about any thing else.. i see, i want, therefore i buy... that's his motto! :rolleyes24:

8. bugweena

bugweena Well-Known Member Trader Group

Same here!

9. bugface711

bugface711 Mod of the Month 12/2010 Sǝɔᴚǝʇɐᴚʎ ʇo ʇɥǝ Quǝǝn Trader Group

We have 2 separate budgets @ my hosue. We've always had & kept seperate accounts. Since I am a SAHM I have a set amt of money each month & that is it. I have certain bills & all kid/household stuff out of mine. He makes sure the house is paid for & the lights/heat stays on :)

10. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original "Viral" Foodie

I do all the bill paying and except for agricultural stuff, decide on what gets bought and he never questions or objects. But sometimes he INSISTS on something and over-rides me on it.

ETA - we do have separate checking accounts and I have a savings account of my own too.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  11. Smee

Smee Member Of The Month Aug. 2011 - The Smurple Smeep Trader Group

We maintain separate accounts and each have designated expenses. We are on the same page with regard to spending and goals, and we communicate well. It just turned out to be easier for us to do it this way than when did one big household budget and one person in charge of running it.

So I guess we're both in charge.

12. gctattoo

gctattoo Well-Known Member Trader Group

It's all me.