Who has some yummy pork chop recipes?

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
OK...I hit a really good sale yesterday. Our Kroger meat manager bought too many pork chops. He marked them way down...AND I had $1/1 pork coupons to make them even cheaper! I bought 5 packages, and separated them into meal size (3 per package) portions before I froze them. But, that means I have 10 packages of pork chops in my freezer!

My family loves pork, and although I can't eat it, I prepare it for them alot! Mostly I just bread it with different breadings. But,now that I have a surplus, I want to be more creative! Dont get me wrong, I'm a really good cook! I love trying new things...and so does my family. And I'm not intimidated by long, detailed recipes. So...please share some new and different ideas!!

Thanks!!!

C

cintinative

I think you have a crock pot right? I have a recipe that uses the crock pot. It's really old (from my mom's crock pot instruction booklet).

Chicken Lickin Good Pork Chops
6-8 pork chops 1" thick
1/2 cup flour
1 Tablespoon salt
1 1/2 teas dry mustard
1/2 teas garlic powder
2 Tablespoons oil
2 cans chicken with rice soup

Dredge pork chops in mixture of flour, salt, mustard and garlic powder. Brown in oil in large skillet. Place browned pork chops in crock pot. Pour soup over top. Cover and cook 6 to 8 hours (high: 3 1/2 hours). Serve over rice.

Note: if using a newer crock pot it takes a lot less time, so watch carefully.

C

cintinative

German Style Pork Chops with Mushrooms

1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teas thyme leaves
1/2 teas salt
1/4 teas black pepper
4 center cut loin pork chops (1/2 inch thick, about 1 1/4 pounds total)
1 T olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1/2 pound mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup dark beer (I use Samuel Adams Boston Lager)
1/2 cup chicken broth

1. in a plastic or paper bag, combine the flour, 1/2 teas thyme, salt, and pepper. Add the pork chops and shake to coat lightly. Remove the chops and reserve 1 T of the excess seasoned flour.
2. In a large skillet, warm the oil over medium high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until browned, about five minutes per side. Transfer the pork chops to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
3. Add the garlic, onion and mushrooms to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat for one minute. Add the 1 T reserved seasoned flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the flour is no longer visible, about 1 minute.
4. Stir in the beer, broth, and remaining 1 teas thyme, and bring to a boil. Return the pork chops (and any juices that have collected on the plate) to the skillet and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the chops are cooked through, about 8 minutes, turning the chops over halfway through.
5. Uncover the skillet and cook until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Serve the chops hot, with mushrooms on top.

Source: Monday is Meatloaf (The Everyday Cookbooks) p 39

L

leqet

I can't eat pork either, but what I have done in the past is top pork chops with apple slices, cinnamon and brown sugar. Or if you want to take a short cut, top with apple sauce. Then bake at around 350 until done. I can't remember how long they take for sure, but I think it was 30 minutes unless you have really thin pork chops. Thicker ones will take longer.

M

momof2inohio

A friend sent me a really good recipe a while back. I don't have it with me but from memorization:

4-5 pork chops
flour
Mustard
12 oz. sprite or 7 up
Dry onion soup mix

Spread mustard on one side of pork chops and then dredge pork chops in flour. Brown in oil. Pour sprite or 7up over chops and then add the soup mix on top of the chops. Bake at 350 for about an hour.

Sounds really weird because of the sprite but its actually very tasty and simple!

434Teresa

lipton oinon soup mix, 4 or 5 pork chops,oinons, green peppers,bread, water.

cut up a few slices of oinon and peppers to make a bed to lay the pork chops on, place the pork chops over them and add the dry soup mix and take one or two pices of bread and tear it to small pices all over the pork chops add about 1cup of water over them and bake until done.....

you can also do chicken this way.

A

aimeebee

Well, it's not really a recipe, but I get pork chops @ Marsh for .98/lb a lot. Our favorite way is to sprinkle Weber's Kickin Chicken on both sides and either grill or bake. Easy, yummy and coupon friendly. :wink7:

TiggerToo

Mod Of The Month Oct. 2011<br>Has A Heart Of Pure
Trader Group
Here are some of my recipes:

Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes
This is Dave's recipe. Periodically I actually let him into the kitchen ;O). He secretly loves to cook, but he also knows how much I enjoy it too....

5 – 6 Large Russet Potatoes
2 cups of flour
1 stick of butter or margarine, unsalted
1 tsp parsley
1 large onion diced
salt and pepper
1 bunch of small scallions
1 ½ cups of milk, 2% or 1%
1 tsp chives
4 – 6 pork chops, boneless (less fat)

Peel and slice the potatoes. Grease a shallow baking dish with either butter or Pam. Sprinkle light coating of flour on the bottom of the baking dish. Layer the baking dish with potatoes. Sprinkle top of the potatoes with flour, onions, scallions, pats of butter, salt and pepper, chives and parsley, and pour about a ¼ of milk over the potato layer. Arrange 3 of the pork chops so they are not overlapping. This completes first layer. Add additional layers as desired. The final layer should be potatoes. Cover with Aluminum foil and bake at 350 for an hour. Remove foil and brown for about 15 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.

Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
½ cup southwestern chipotle 10 minute marinade
4 ¾ inch thick pork chops

Peach Salsa:
2 peaches, halved, pitted and diced
1/3 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped
Grated peel and juice from 1 large lime
1 tbsp finely chopped seeded red or green jalapeno pepper
¼ tsp salt

Put marinade and pork in a gallon size zip top bag, seal bag and turn to coat pork. Refrigerate 2 hours, or overnight. Heat outdoor grill. Meanwhile make salsa: mix ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Remove chops from bag: place on grill. Grill, turning as needed to avoid burning, 10 to 12 minutes until cooked through. Serve with the salsa
Posted by Phaedra at 8:55 PM 0 comments Links to this post
Wednesday, February 18, 2009Cinnamon Apple Pork
We made this tonight. The actual recipe called for unsweetened applesauce, but I actually just used real apples and made my own. Boy was it yummy!

2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
2 tbsp brown sugar, packed (for diabetics, use splenda brown sugar)
1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
2 tbsp honey
2 - 6 ounces pork sirloin chops, raw, boneless

Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine apples with brown sugar, cinnamon and honey in a sauce pan and over medium heat, cook until the apple mixture starts boiling. Pour mixture into a food processor and puree until applesauce consistency. Flash grill the pork chops. Place in a roasting pan or casserole dish. Spoon apple mixture over the pork; Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until pork is browned and cooked through. A meat thermometer in the center should register at least 150°F to 160°F.

Apricot Pork with Curried Brown Rice
2 boneless pork chops, skinless
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup apricot nectar
2 apricot halves, canned in water
1/4 cup brown rice, dry
1 teaspoon olive oil, extra virgin
1/8 teaspoon curry powder

Preheat oven to 350°F. Rinse pork and pat dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and place in a small baking dish. ***We actually flash grilled the pork just to give it grill marks before we baked it, but you can leave this part out***. Pour apricot nectar over pork, and bake for 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Place apricot halves over pork and bake for 5 more minutes. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions; stir in olive oil and curry powder. Serve pork on a bed of couscous with apricot sauce spooned over top.

Pork Chops with Apricot Bourbon Sauce
If you haven't been able to figure out, I love cooking. It is how I unwind at the end of the day :eek:). I will look for recipes or make up my own as I go along. This recipe was very yummy. I made it a while back and got rave reviews from Dave. Now since this is supposed to be healthy, the way I made it healthy was to get low to no sugar Apricot Preserves, whatever you can find is fine. I also used lean, no bone, porkchops. For my diabetic friends and family, instead of using regular light brown sugar, use Splenda. So enjoy!!

Sauce:
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium size red onion, chopped
1 jar apricot preserves (low to no sugar added)
1/3 cup bourbon
¼ cup cider vinegar
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
½ tsp garlic salt (sea salt)
½ tsp red pepper flakes
½ tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp cornstarch

Chops:
4 rib pork chops ¾ inch thick (I used boneless, lean pork chops)
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper.

In a medium size saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Off heat, stir in preserves, bourbon, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic salt, red pepper flakes and ginger. Simmer 10 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally. Mix together cornstarch and 1 tbsp water. Stir into saucepan; simmer for an additional minute. Remove from heat. Prepare outdoor grill with medium hot coals, or heat gas grill to medium high. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 minutes per side. Reserve half of the sauce to serve on the side. Liberally brush both sides of chops with the remaining sauce and grill for 2 additional minutes per side. Serve chops with rice. Serve remaining sauce on the side. Note: Sauce can be refrigerated until ready to use or up to 1 week.

R

rachellepeters

Not a "recipe" per say...but if you landed any McCormick Grillmates during any of the sales....I like to marinade them in any of those for a couple hours. They turn out really moist and have nice flavor (I don't grill them, just make in a pan)