Where To Find Beeswax?

T

Thrifty Bee

What stores sell beeswax; specific stores like Walmart and Meijer? How much does it cost?

T

Thrifty Bee

Thanks, I had read online that craft stores sell it. There is a Hobby Lobby in the same town where hopefully we'll pick our car up some time this week, but I had hoped it was sold in a store I would already bee in; sorry, I couldn't resist. There's also a Ben Franklin in the town I shop every week though it's extremely small compared to Hobby Lobby. But again I was hoping that Walmart or Meijer sold it so I could minimize the stops I make in this horrible heat. I guess I'll just have to check.

I searched for online sellers also. Just like everything else it's easy to find reasonably priced products but the shipping will kill you. I don't want to commit to too large of an amount until I've had a chance to try my latest recipes hand lotion/cream. I don't usually like to buy many special ingredients for my DIY recipes but the store bought products are not helping.

M

motherofmolly

you might try your local farmers. most area have a bee keeping group and they would have beeswax to sell. farmers markets also. look for those selling fresh honey.

M

metalmama1

DUDE!!! here's how to get some for free!!! 2 different scenarios!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! free is best, after all!!!!

1. bait a trap with m&ms & marshmallows & capture a bear
2. hose him down with febreeze
3. give him some honey to sniff to remind him why you want him, he will lead you to a beehive.
4. bang on it with a stick to get all the bees out
5. help yourself!

if you can't find any bears or bees, here is plan B:
1. contact a reality show exterminator or real life one
2. tell them the next time they remove 90 jillion million bees from a house that had honey running down the walls, call you after they've removed all the bees, you'll do ALL THE CLEANUP!
3. help yourself!

ok there ya go man!! brilliant idea the essential oils & vinegar!! i like this idea of yours too & hope they both work out for ya!!!

M

metalmama1

actually sometimes 4h kids raise bees for 4h. go to your county extension office (or where ever 4h kids in your town buy little electricity kits & cookbook coloring books) & write up a lil ad & leave your name & number in the 'bee keeping book' section & tell 'em you wanna buy beeswax. it might take a few years- 1st year bee keepers only get about 4 drops of honey & enough wax to put in the end of a pencil BUT but if all the kids (& moms) that are doing 4h see your lil ad, they'll surely know someone who was doing bees 4 years ago, or the farmer they are going to buy the bee keeping equipment from etc. maybe have your ad have those lil tear off things with your phone # on it & say if they know anyone that they think could hook you up ,pass on your number.

that's WAY less exciting than a bear or an exterminator, but oh well... maybe bears are going lo carb this year & you'll NEVER catch one with anything less than cheese & bacon. ....