What's for dinner today??

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by 3timesoccermom, Feb 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

Thanks Jasmine. You're right...support is the key. I was so impressed with her older brother (17) and his girlfriend, who showed up at the hospital after they got out of school, so they could go to the class that taught us how to test her blood, calculate the dose, etc. Today, I found out that there's a JDRF 5k walk in our area in September. I'm pretty sure I can gather up a team!

On a positive note, Emery's mom works for the schools, so she's off work all summer. They have a week left in the school year, then she has until mid-August to get her on a schedule that we can all follow.

Thank you for the prayers. My son called his boss to tell him that she was being admitted. He showed up at the hospital 20 minutes later, and they prayed together.

bugweena, STallerico and jastwins like this.
  2. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original Dinner Guru

Wow @XUfan - not the kind of news you want to get but thankfully they caught it early and there are new advances being made in managing it all the time. I can't imagine how badly the poor little thing has been feeling, especially with being anemic too. Hopefully once they get things regulated she will feel much better and within a short time she'll be a pro at managing it.

We have lots of leftovers but my girl and I got Chinese for lunch and there is enough left for all of us to have dinner on it too so I think I will skip cooking tonight.

STallerico and jastwins like this.
  3. STallerico

STallerico Well-Known Member Trader Group

Made Shepard's pie and I ate a spinach salad

4. XUfan

Thanks Renee. I guess I forgot to update about the anemia issue. She had a follow-up blood test a few weeks later, and her iron levels were normal...so no anemia. So, we're only dealing with one issue. And you're right...we are very lucky they caught it early, and getting it regulated will make a huge difference. Already, after only a few days of insulin treatment, she's got so much more energy. She gets a minimum of 4 shots every day...and although she's not a fan of needles, she's been a trooper!

Our refrigerator door now has lists of zero-carb snacks, 15 gm carb snacks, blood levels and what to do for each one, etc. But I'm still making sure there's room for pictures she draws!

Cathy and jastwins like this.
  5. 3timesoccermom

@XUfan - For one her age (what is she 4, 5?) that she is letting herself be stuck multiple times a day already is AMAZING!

Does anyone cook sugar snap peas? I've never tried them but Sam's has them and I'm considering trying them. Only thing is I haven't seen even one recipe that sounds good so I'm not quite sure what to do with them.
    upload_2017-5-20_9-24-52.png

Hubs grilled some chicken tenderloins a couple of nights ago (seemed a weird way to cook them but whatever) and I am planning to use several and add to some Noodles Parmesan. I would love to add some fresh spinach to it as well but Hubs doesn't like it that way.

jastwins likes this.
  6. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

7. XUfan

I love sugar snap peas, but I've never cooked them. Odd, right? I get them when we go out to eat, which is rare. I think I need to figure out how to cook them, and start making them for dinner more often. Thanks for the reminder.

We'll probably grab something for dinner after the ballet recital. Yes, she's dancing tonight!! I'm so happy that she's able to participate, after months of classes. I'm sure her mom is nervous, but I think keeping life as normal as possible is great for her.

jastwins likes this.
  8. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

Mary Tyler Moore had Type 1 Diabetes. Look at her life!

jastwins likes this.
  9. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

Tonight we had Ore Ida crispy fries along with sliders, hotdogs and buns.

3timesoccermom likes this.
  10. pretty woman

pretty woman Active Member Trader Group

Having Alaska king crab legs and veggies

3timesoccermom likes this.
  11. XUfan

I think we'll have smoked sausage, tuna patties, fried potatoes, and broccoli.

jastwins likes this.
  12. bugweena

bugweena Well-Known Member Trader Group

Back from vacation and eating out every day! Ready to make some meals from my pantry and eating at home sweet home!!

Last night we had nachos--tostitos that were B1G1 free and I had a rebate to do, refried beans, salsa, cheese, and guacamole that I picked up during HT super doubles.

Tonight we are having a crock pot roast (pot roast from the freezer, one can mushroom soup, one packet of brown gravy), mashed potatoes, and whatever veggies I can find. I think I have some frozen veggies I got cheap so will pick one of them.

3timesoccermom and jastwins like this.
  13. 3timesoccermom

We had an easy meal - sausage, baked beans and baked potatoes. And brownies with walnuts for dessert. Never used walnuts in them before, have always used pecans but I liked them as much as pecans.

jastwins likes this.
  14. XUfan

Tonight it's burgers on the grill, oven baked homemade "fries", and corn on the cob.

Easy dinner! I'm spending more time figuring out breakfast for the 5 year old, than I am dinner for us!

jastwins likes this.
  15. 3timesoccermom

My youngest has been helping me with some Spring cleaning - tomorrow we get the carpet and tile/grout cleaned then the next day the grout gets re-sealed. SO relieved about that.

Hubs is bringing hot dogs home from Sam's since he has to stop there anyway and if we get hungry later we will just do some of the homemade ravioli. He is picking up some of their pineapple that's already cut and cored and I'm sure we'll all have some of that too. Quick and easy.

jastwins likes this.
  16. XUfan

I don't know! I'm tired of cooking! I'd be happy to just open a can of soup and call it done! But...I'll have to think of something sometime today.

17. 3timesoccermom

Why can't you just have soup tonight and take a little break? I hope you do! Sounds like the past several days have been pretty exhausting.

Well I will likely take my own advice and have something easy tonight since we are still doing a lot of cleaning, etc. I don't want to dirty up the kitchen and have another mess on my hands but at the same time it's early and I could change my mind.

jastwins likes this.