What's for dinner today??

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by 3timesoccermom, Feb 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original Dinner Guru

Not sure what we are having except to say it'll be something from the freezer - maybe shrimp scampi and salmon since that was really good last time we had it, but plenty of other options in there too.

2. Jessi

Jessi ↑ This Person ♥'s Someone With Autism Trader Group

It is either pizza or tacos. I can't decide right now.

judy27 likes this.
  3. everprincess

everprincess Energizer Bunny<br>-(\(\ She Keeps<br>( =':') Goin Trader Group

Doctor says I have pulled a muscle in my side and maybe it affected my rib cage cartridge. She gave me muscle relaxers that make me feel all loopy and told me to take it easy for the next month or so. Went and got bbq and slaw after my appointment. I totally blew my lifestyle last night after making onion rings and hushpuppies at the store. It was good though. Tonight I plan on getting back on track with some salmon and roasted veggies. Need to start cleaning out the fridge because it is so full. Plan on resting alot this weekend as well.

Cathy and jastwins like this.
  4. 3timesoccermom

Chicken and ribs done on the grill.

judy27 and jastwins like this.
  5. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

A friend invited me for a giant quesadilla. It was so good I would have licked the plate if my nose hadn't gotten in the way.

Cathy, judy27 and jastwins like this.
  6. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

Tonight was boneless chicken thighs with rosemary and garlic and Lipton recipe red potatoes with an extra onion added. I was able to bake both in the oven at the same time.

3timesoccermom and judy27 like this.
  7. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

Wow! Imagine that! Chickens with no bones in their thighs. How do they stand to peck the ground?

jastwins likes this.
  8. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

I've been a slacker! I haven't posted much here (or anywhere on the site) for a while! After having Hubby home all week, and eating dinners out or take-out several nights, I'm ready to go back into the kitchen!

Tonight we're eating a combo meal...leftovers (take-out chicken for him, grilled fish for me), along with a side dish from the pantry (Pasta Roni) and fresh corn on the cob.

jastwins likes this.
  9. 3timesoccermom

LOVE those kinds of meals Jasmine.

We are going to grill burgers in a bit and I baked 6 large potatoes and made potato salad. Mincing the celery and onion, egg and pickles took FOREVER! I don't do them in the chopper because I don't want them ground to mush but geez that was laborious.

10. XUfan

I think we're reheating the leftover pizza from Saturday night's dinner tonight. I just checked my grandson's baseball schedule, and it looks like tonight is the only home game they have this week. Reheating pizza after I get home is so easy!

jastwins likes this.
  11. 3timesoccermom

@XUfan - I hope it's as gorgeous there as it was here yesterday. Absolutely flawless day.

I set aside about 1/2 pound of hamburger last night to use for something else and that will be a Mexican-type thing that I've made before that we really liked. I brown the hamburger, remove it from the pot, saute a red and green bell pepper and an onion, then add some rice to lightly brown it, add the meat back in along with salsa, water, green chilis and Mexican-type spices. I can't decide if I want to add black or chili beans to the rice mix for a one-pot meal or use my leftover pinto beans for a side. Those beans were fantastic.

Last night no sooner did I get finished frying the burgers when Hubs called and wanted to know if we had enough for the 2 young men that help him to eat with us. Knowing their appetites, I got out some of the leftover ribs and mac and cheese and they both had a large burger, ribs, potato salad, mac and cheese and Hubs' apple pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert. Where DO they put it?

12. bugweena

bugweena Well-Known Member Trader Group

I cooked a pork loin in the crock pot yesterday. Will add onion and pepper, and cilantro at the end. Serve on tortillas. We will see how it turns out.

Last night I made a stovetop stuffing meatloaf from a recipe I saw on FB. It was pretty darn good! Had mashed potatoes and brown gravy and broccoli with it.

3timesoccermom and jastwins like this.
  13. everprincess

Friday and Saturday...leftovers
    Sunday was easter dinner...ham, potato salad, macaroni salad, suddenly salad, green beans, corn, deviled eggs, rolls and a bunny cake.
    Tonight I shall have salmon, salad and steamed veggies and DS is having leftovers

14. 3timesoccermom

Is this the recipe you used? http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-stove-top-stuffing-meatloaf-399162

Once when I was making meatloaf I was out of bread crumbs and my youngest - who is such a NON-cook - suggested I use some bagged stuffing and it was great!

15. bugweena

bugweena Well-Known Member Trader Group

@3timesoccermom

I used this recipe http://centslessdeals.com/stovetop-stuffing-meatloaf-recipe/
    but it is a little different. This one has brown gravy mix and no ketchup. But we put ketchup on it when we eat meatloaf sandwiches. I thought it was pretty good but could have used a little more spices like maybe oregano or italian seasoning or something. DSO liked it so it's a keeper in my book!

3timesoccermom likes this.
  16. XUfan

Tonight I'm planning either oven-fried chicken strips or pork chops (Hubby's choice), salmon for me, and for the sides I'll cook red potatoes and green beans. I saw a recipe where you cook the potatoes and beans on a sheet pan in the oven. I might try that. Then, everything would be in the oven, and I love meals like that!

17. 3timesoccermom

Now that's funny - I googled a little more yesterday and found that same site and spent some time reading the reviews too. I'm sure Hubs would drool over the pic of the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy in the middle. Thanks for sharing!

@XUfan - we tried roasting some green beans once but never did them again - can't remember why though. Are you doing fresh ones?

I have a small chuck roast in the fridge and think I'm doing that today. If I do, the usual carrots and potatoes will accompany it.

bugweena likes this.
  18. XUfan

Yes, I'm using fresh green beans. I'm still deciding if I want to try them in the oven. I made a really good white bean dip two days ago that Hubby wasn't thrilled with. I'd hate to swing and miss twice in the same week! LOL!! I'll probably just cook them on the stove with lots of onions and garlic.

19. everprincess

Salmon was delicious. I have some left for tonight. DS can have leftovers or something from the freezer. I will probably buy some more fish for tomorrow though since today is the last day of the sale.

20. 3timesoccermom

Hubs loves salmon.