What's for dinner today??

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by 3timesoccermom, Feb 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

Tonight I'm slow roasting a couple of country ribs for Hubby. We have some leftover mashed potatoes in the fridge that I'll heat up either on the stove or in the oven. I'm not really in the mood for fish, so I'm going to make some white beans with onions and red and yellow peppers in the crockpot.

Lucky1307 likes this.
  2. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original Dinner Guru

I cracked up at this! Thanks for the laugh!

We have leftover sausage so I will heat that up as I roast more Brussels sprouts and some red potatoes. Love when everything can be done in the oven at once. I also still have lots of carrots so might as well put some of them in as well.

I found what looks like an easy recipe for beer bread that I want to try, I don't like beer but it says it doesn't taste like it.

http://www.familycookbookproject.com/recipe/2386863/font-color339900whole-grain-beer-breadfont.html

Lucky1307 likes this.
  3. Sherri1480

Sherri1480 Active Member Trader Group

Well I don't think I have posted here before but I always keep up with all the posts here from everyone.

I am trying to be better about cooking at home instead of grabbing fast food or going out to eat so hopefully this will make me be more accountable.....Maybe :D

So tonight it is BBQ nachos with leftover pork roast.
    Hope everyone has a good evening!

4. XUfan

Welcome aboard!!
    It's nice to get some new ideas!

Sherri1480 likes this.
  5. 3timesoccermom

@Sherri1480 - I am so happy you are posting here! Please come back again, even if you aren't cooking yourself.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  6. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

Tonight was tuna fish on a roll and College Inn broth with Barilla Stelline. The girls enjoyed their meal in the city at Carmine's. They absolutely love A Bronx Tale and cannot stop talking about it.

7. Lucky1307

Lucky1307 Super Swapper June '09 Trader Group

I took an accidental nap about 4pm yesterday. Got up around 7:30 last and DS decided he wanted tacos instead of breakfast. So I made some cabbage with bacon for a side. DH called around 8:30 said he had time to stop at home to grab a shower and something to eat before heading back out. I picked him up at 9:45 and we had a late supper together(DS ate before we picked him up). Had to run DH back to the semi at 5:45 this morning, got DS up and made him waffles before school, talked to my boss and have done 2 loads of laundry...nap time I think so!

I'm having leftover cabbage for breakfast and tonight we are using free buffet q's for steak night. I pulled out a package of chicken breast and I want to make 3 different dishes up to re-freeze. I know I complain alot about the bulk cooking but it really is a life saver throughout the week. Working on the grocery list and menu...we might have some nasty freezing rain moving in on Sunday so I think the plan is to stay at mom and dad's a few nights, they live 1/2 mile from where I work.

3timesoccermom likes this.
  8. everprincess

everprincess Energizer Bunny<br>-(\(\ She Keeps<br>( =':') Goin Trader Group

Last night was some leftover hot dogs I found in the fridge, brats for me, fried cabbage for me, fries for DS and green beans.

Tonight I want to make some ranch cheesy chicken. I also need to make some sliders and some taco meat. We shall see how I feel after I hit the treadmill.

9. XUfan

I'm looking for a pizza deal! I don't really feel like cooking, and pizza sounds so good! I have a bunch of leftovers in the fridge, but I'm thinking we should have them tomorrow night.

Saturday, we're having the final birthday bash of birthday season...DIL (Dec 29) and grandson (Jan 7). I'll post that meal on Saturday...but here's a sneak peek at the dessert for DIL (grandson always gets chocolate chip cookies): http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes...oke-cake/d5bfad3d-294a-4c72-8ef1-97dab021b525

10. pretty woman

pretty woman Active Member Trader Group

11. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

Stuffed bell peppers and baked 'taters.

12. Sherri1480

Sherri1480 Active Member Trader Group

DH is putting a frozen pizza in the oven for DD and him. As soon as I get home, she and I have to leave to get her to volleyball practice....I opted for a late lunch since I won't get home until after 8.

13. XUfan

OK...so forget the pizza idea. I want to get rid of some leftovers in the fridge, so we're having the leftover noodle stuff we had on Monday. That keeps the fridge from being overcrowded, and keeps me within the budget (can you tell I'm trying to talk myself into this? I wanted pizza!!!!!).

14. 3timesoccermom

I think we will have shrimp scampi from Sam's (boxed, frozen). I tried it before and loved it; the buttery garlic sauce was so good and the smell was wonderful. This time I'll make some pasta to have the sauce over and it would be great to have some of those cheddar biscuits but doubt that's going to happen. Not sure on vegetables yet, I do have some carrots left from yesterday that Hubs could have. I had the rest of the Brussels sprouts for lunch. Spinach would be a great accompaniment but I don't have any and Hubs is not a fan anyway.

jastwins likes this.
  15. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

Tonight was sweet and sour chicken over rice. I had chicken kabobs and took them apart to make a recipe I saw online.

3timesoccermom likes this.
  16. NoHio

NoHio Well-Known Member Staff Member Trader Group Moderator Entrepreneur

We got some rib eye steaks from my parents' 1/4 cow that we are going to cook under the broiler tonight. I'll make a pouch of Betty Crocker potatoes and a frozen vegetable to go with them.

3timesoccermom and jastwins like this.
  17. 3timesoccermom

Love rib eyes! HEB has sirloins on sale this week for $3.97/lb so I'll be making something with those. In the past they have been pretty thick so not sure yet how I'll be preparing them buy I am working on it.

Last night when I went to get the shrimp scampi from the freezer I found some salmon fillets and put 4 of them in the pan and put the shimp scampi on top of it all to go in the oven. As the sauce was made the salmon cooked in the sauce and it was really good. Also did some crab cakes so we skipped the pasta.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017 at 3:00 PM
    Cathy likes this.
  18. XUfan

Renee...your salmon/shrimp scampi sounds wonderful!!

I'm not cooking tonight. I'll be cooking all morning tomorrow for the big birthday bash, and I don't want to cook tonight! (Let's see if that works!)

19. 3timesoccermom

Trying beer bread for the first time ever. I don't like beer so never figured I'd like beer bread but I saw a super easy recipe and wanted to try it since it says you don't taste the beer. It's in the oven now.
    http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/honey-beer-bread/

upload_2017-1-13_14-1-38.png

jastwins likes this.
  20. everprincess

everprincess Energizer Bunny<br>-(\(\ She Keeps<br>( =':') Goin Trader Group

Bulk cooking is a big timesaver at my house @Lucky1307. It is hard to make good, healthy dinners during the week. So much to do in the evenings it seems and my energy tanks after the treadmill has kicked my rear...LOL.

Not sure about tonight but I'm hoping to make alot of sliders..I have a bunch of dinner rolls I bought for the holidays and they need to go!
    Going to cook up a bunch of stuff this weekend.

The sliders (doing beef and some sage sausage ones)
    Taco meat
    Alice Springs Copycat chicken (this was requested)
    Polish sausage, cabbage and some veggie..probably peas
    herb and butter Salmon, roasted baby cabbages and asparagus

Last night was the cheesy ranch chicken, birdseye ranch broccoli and rolls.