Whatcha gettin' cheap or FREE in MAY 2017?

Discussion in 'Living The Frugal Life' started by vickib50, May 1, 2017.

1. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

d2 found a lone star tick on Rosie yesterday and I ordered her some flea and tick medicine from Chewy.com. I paid for shipping and handling but the medicine was 1/2 price ($12.74) It was faster and easier to just order on line.

jcdamomma and Green is Gold like this.
  2. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

There's a rebate of a $5 pre-paid GC from Pfizer for the purchase of $25+ in one purchase of some of their products. It's found at itsyourwellnessownit.com

Publix: Bought (2) Thermacare for $6.99 ea and (2) Advil 50ct for $6.99 ea for a total of $27.96. No sales tax is charged on many types of OTC in FL. Publix had a store coupon exp tomorrow for $5 off (2) Thermacare and $3 off (2) Advil. In addition, there were $2 peelies on the Thermacare exp 12/31/18 and I was able to print (2) $2 off Advil 40ct or larger. So, $16 in coupons off the total. Paid $11.96, get $5 back in a GC (it's one of those that you must use online, etc., not a physical that you can use in-store), and now I have a good supply of these things which do get used from time to time.

Cathy, jcdamomma and jastwins like this.
  3. jastwins

@vickib50 on SAvingstar there are rebates for Advil and Thermacare!

jcdamomma and vickib50 like this.
  4. vickib50

My offerings available on Savingstar do not have Thermacare, but, I will get $1 back on the Advil.

Thanks for the heads-up, @jastwins!

jcdamomma and jastwins like this.
  5. vickib50

Publix: Bic lighter (you know, that long one you light the grill or fireplace with) $3.99 and BOGO, used (2) $2 MQ, paid 24c tax.

Jessi, jcdamomma and jastwins like this.
  6. vickib50

Received an email today from Papa John's with some bonus points for a few days. Had enough for a medium 2-topping pizza FREE tonight. Good use of those soon-to-expire points.

Jessi, jcdamomma and jastwins like this.
  7. vickib50

My $5 GC has already posted!

Jessi and jcdamomma like this.
  8. vickib50

Winn-Dixie: Vlasic pickles BOGO. They take Publix coupons and some other stores as competitor coupons. Got 2 jars of Vlasic sweet relish $1.99 and used (2) $1 Publix coupons for (2) free jars of Vlasic. Think I'll go back again before this ends on Tuesday. Also, Publix coupon, buy Sara Lee Artesano Bread and get a jar of Skippy free. Skippy is BOGO at WD this week and the SL bread is $2.50. Used a .55 coupon on bread and the Publix coupon to get loaf of bread and two jars of PNB for a total of $1.95. Bought (4) of the Maruchan Yakisoba or something like that for a total of $1. They are $1 ea, BOGO, and used a $1/3 coupon.

Jessi likes this.
  9. vickib50

Winn-Dixie: Rach. Ray Nutrish cat food 6#, reg. $12.99, on sale for $9.99, used $4 MQ and $4 Publix Q for $1.99+ undetermined amount of tax because my $5 off $40 coupon made it less. I finally figured out the register receipt and I paid a total of $1.36 for the cat food. Now, if I could just find a rebate on it, I'd do my happy dance!

jastwins likes this.
  10. jastwins

Today's free was topsoil from the dump. We went to drop off a pick up truck load of brush from our yard and the guy at the weigh station waved us on through at no charge. Yesterday, we brought back free topsoil too. You think you have so much until you spread it out, but it is a huge help. I see more trips to pick up more topsoil in the future.

Cathy likes this.
  11. vickib50

Dollar General today. There are some really good prices this week, among them Lay's reg. $3.50 for $2. I redeemed $16.75 in coupons and had $17.23 OOP. Additionally, there was an $11 savings in the "sale prices." I don't really count that as I doubt I would have ever paid full price for those things, anyway.

There's some more great prices coming up 5/25-27 with a $5 off $25 to use. There's even a $2 digital coupon on a propane exchange...highly unusual.

One noteworthy item. Tetley iced tea blend family size bags 12 ct $1 and there's a $1 on any size blinkie exp 7/2/17. I had 2 coupons with me. Went back to Publix and raided the blinkie machine for a few more for Saturday's foray.

jastwins likes this.
  12. jastwins

Last night stopped in King Kullen, my only store that doubles dollar q's. Limit 5!
    We got free 2 16 oz Ken s dressings and will get more tomorrow. Sticky fingers BBQ sauce was . 69 cents After double coupons. Bubba sausage was $1.99 after sale/ coupon. Land O Lake brown eggs .99 cents after sale and about to expire coupons.