What'cha gettin' cheap or free in AUGUST 2017?

Discussion in 'Living The Frugal Life' started by vickib50, Aug 1, 2017.

1. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

I don't know, Samantha. I forgot about them as soon as I passed them off to her. I think it was and another one that maybe started with an "S." I know the total of the two was $32.48. For 10 pounds of DOG food. My food doesn't cost that much!

STallerico and jastwins like this.
  2. mtka

mtka Well-Known Member Trader Group

I heard Petsmart put a stop to the coupons. They were only meant for a few customers and were put out over the internet. Petsmart coupons usually have the name and/or petperks number on the coupon itself and people photoshop that out and post it to the deal sites. People were getting multiple petperks cards and cleaning out the stores.

3. vickib50

Well, I had logged into my Petsmart account and they were there to be printed. I don't know about any of what @mtka posted. I'm sure it's been abused and I'm sure Petsmart has taken steps to minimize the abuse. Like everything, someone's gonna try to cheat and then the company has to catch up and then someone comes up with a newer, better way to cheat, and so it goes and goes. Couponing would be so much better for everyone if all would just stay honest and take only what belongs to them.

Gardencook, jastwins and STallerico like this.
  4. STallerico

STallerico Well-Known Member Trader Group

wow that is so expensive!

5. Green is Gold

Green is Gold Member of the Month June 2012 <br>Queen Of The Cir Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

I ran to GE and picked up (1) Free box of Suddenly salad $1 - .50 Q doubled
    (4) movie theater boxes of candy for .25 each $1 each - .75/2 Q
    (1) Atkins meal replacement bar for .50 eAdvantage offer of the week
    (2) fancy protein bars from the clearance buggie for .25 each

Had to pick up my girls so we ran to the Walmart not by our house, where they always have crazy cheap milk and eggs! Milk was $1.47/gallon and eggs were .42/dozen!!! (For reference...milk here is between $2.50 and $3.50 a gallon...over the border in PA...close to $5/gallon!!!!) Eggs at GE are massively on sale for .89/doz this week.

Cathy, bugweena and jastwins like this.
  6. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

Last week, I finished up getting my last free Barilla pouch pasta, 2 more Secret deodorants @.49 cents each and Gillettte Skintimate shave cream @ .49 cents a can.

Green is Gold likes this.
  7. vickib50

Winn-Dixie today: Order total $46.67 - $17 coupons = $29.67 OOP. Then, hit the rebate apps, total $6. Scanned KFR w/ Kellogg's/Keebler products. BTFE on 8 items. Then, found a $1 overcharge. Will go back when convenient to get that. My best store, Publix, will give you a full refund for such a mistake. WD is cheap; you just get the mistake amount.

Suddenly Salad, reg $2.99 at WD (I would never pay that, of course) on sale for $1 ea. Had (3) $1/2 for a total of $3 for 6 boxes, then a .50 savingstar rebate. Now, THAT is pantry stock-up price!

I was looking through the RV this morning and found a brand new, still in the box hard drive. It was a replacement 3 years ago and I never opened it. How do I know it's 3 years? Mailed to my Chattanooga address. I'm gonna google it for a price and put it on craigslist or something.

Green is Gold and jastwins like this.
  8. vickib50

Publix: Total order $41.63 - $18.50 coupons = $23.13 OOP. Rebate apps a measly $2.75. Scanned KFR and Fetch Rewards.

Best deal: Reynolds bakeware, reg $4..99 ea, on sale 3/$10. Bought 1 at that price, $3.34 then found some on the clearance table $1.25 ea, bought 3 of those, used $5.50 in coupons. Total OOP with tax $2.02 for 4 packages. Each have BTFE but looks like two of them are expired. Probably why they were on the clearance table!

9. vickib50

Dollar Tree: Special bonus boxes of Hefty slider bags, quart, 10 ct., used (2) $2/3 coupons, total OOP for (6) boxes, $2.36.

Of course, the cashier started out by saying (before reading or scanning), "I don't think these will work." I get that from EVERY cashier EVERY time at this Dollar Tree only. I'd go to a better one, but, this one is right around the corner.

10. jastwins

I used my $5 Staples teacher reward to get 500 multi colored Post it's for FREE

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 4:16 PM
  11. vickib50

Apparently, I found a free offer for subscriptions to Family Circle and Better Homes & Gardens because I received not one plastic bag of those today, but, two. I say they must have been a free offer because I do NOT pay for magazines. They are all ads these days. Anyway, it looks like one of the subscriptions is through 6/18 and the other through 11/18. There was a small flyer of coupons with each bundle and also, in Better Homes & Gardens, page 57, a $2 coupon on Tide PureClean. I think that's the name, PureClean. Someone correct me if that's not it.

The flyer contained Ziploc, Glade, and maybe something else. Memory is wonderful, isn't it? I remembered since last hour that I received magazines!

12. jastwins

I used up the last of my IGA gift card to get a package of chicken breasts on sale, 4 Chobani flip yogurts (4/$5), a gallon of milk, large can of bread crumbs, a loaf of bread and 2 packs of 200 ct cotton balls for D1 to take to college. After gc and .85 cents in bottle returns, I paid $6.13 OOP.

13. mtka

mtka Well-Known Member Trader Group

I didn't find many bargains on my trip to the "big" city of Lexington. I grabbed some Entenmann's donuts for $1, Thomas' bagels for 75ยข, and 2 pound cakes for $5 at the Bakery Outlet. Two $2 clearance mystery/thriller fiction books for my mom at Half Price Books. A free box of Townhouse Crackers from Meijer from personalized coupons that have come for the last 3 months. I think I got off cheap, except for lunch at Olive Garden, but I filled up on salad and breadsticks and have dinner for 2 tomorrow from their b1 take 1 home deal.

jastwins and Green is Gold like this.
  14. Green is Gold

Green is Gold Member of the Month June 2012 <br>Queen Of The Cir Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

Sitting here, thinking about how much I can't wait to go buy laundry detergent in the morning... :D:D:D Hahaha!!!

vickib50 and jastwins like this.