Whatcha Doing?

Jorainna

Finder of Lost "Blinkies"
Staff member
Trader Group
Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

MID47JWuXEHmQ6jG7NGQ-G_BqkkDhRsGXXHcRuY_4rNtzzcUA9SzMdA5pqRx_l_Er3p-X3Eu2spFdfwVuJi0LjKI

Fillies Fan

International Man of Mystery!
Trader Group
As is well-known here, I constantly attempt to drive Marina insane.

What may not be known as is that one of the ways I do this by frequently suggesting that she have an illicit affair with me. Of course, as I am about 38 years older than she is (not a billionaire), and she is very much in love with her husband, she constantly rejects me. In fact, the most physical contact we have ever had was when I gave her a bicycle a few years ago and got a hug in return -- and when, when I was recuperating from my operation last year, she held on to me when I had to walk down (and later up) some stairs to have a doctor examine my progress.

I get far more physical contact with Olga who likes to hold my hand when we are walking together outside, but somehow (and very fortunately), I am not particularly turned on by 4-year-old girls.

Once, about two years ago, Marina decided to tease me and asked what I would do if she agreed to have an affair. I told her that I would have a heart attack -- not from the physical exertion of the affair but simply because of her agreeing.

Yesterday, when Marina met me, I told her that I have been trying to get her hot in bed for four years and, as it will soon be Jan 1, I refuse to extend this to five years. She told me I had no choice, I insisted that I did. I then grabbed her hand and we walked about 15 yards to a nearby store that was having a 55% off sale on flannel double bed sets (sheets and pillows). I asked which she liked, she showed me, and happily agreed to allow me to get her hot (or at least warm) in bed by buying the set for her.

From there, we drove to a supermarket and knowing that Russians have big celebrations on New Years Eve, I told her to buy whatever she wanted, and as much as she wanted. She lit up and accepted my invitation -- including a pressure cooker. She filled up her shopping cart to where it was literally overflowing. Of course, this included some things that I wanted: two cans of Heinz baked beans and a package of rolls.

She was supposed to put my beans and rolls into a separate bag. When we got to her house, she called Polina to come downstairs and help her carry everything upstairs. It took Polina one trip and Marina two trips.

When I got home, I carried my one, small, bag to my house, looked inside, and then phoned Marina.

"Did you buy everything you wanted at the supermarket?" I asked.

"Yes," she said.

"Are you certain?"

"Definitely. It will be the best New Year's feast we ever had."

"Then why," I asked, "did you steal my rolls?"

She was shocked. She walked into her living room to see if my rolls were there. They were, and Polina was busy eating one of them. Marina kept alternating between apologizing to me and laughing hysterically.

Last edited:

MsSweetCheeks

Mod Of The Month March 2012 - The Grand Theft
Trader Group
Greetings Fellow HCW Friends and Mr. F @Fillies Fan

Well, I am fixing to leave for Physical Therapy. I have to do 6 weeks of therapy, so I can get an MRI done. The doctor appointments never seem to stop.

I am trying to get my temperature blanket that I am knitting caught up, so I can get it finished soon after the new year.

I also have some exciting news. I hope it is ok to post about this. I'm really not sure of all the rules anymore since I haven't been very active on the site the last few years. So, if I am breaking a rule, I am really sorry. I have started a YouTube Channel for knitting and crochet. It is called Just Another Stitch. Would love it if you checked it out.

Fillies Fan

Trader Group
When I first got onto the internet (in 1997) it was a more trustworthy place -- scams were not as frequent then as they are today. As I was newly-divorced at the time, I was happy to discover that it was a very good place to meet women and, in fact, wound up having some nice vacations in the US and South Africa with them. Several remain friends, even today.

My days of spending 12 hours in aluminum tubes flying to different cities are over, but a few days ago I thought it might be nice to meet women in Europe, which is a heck of a lot closer. I saw a link to a site called "EuroDate" and signed up for it. I did not give my real name but was honest about my age (75), the country I live in, the fact that I am a retired journalist, and when asked what I am looking for in a woman I said, "Intelligent, enjoys travel, and is attractive."

I started getting tons of replies. All of them were from Russia, the Ukraine, and Serbia. They all linked to the website, where I could read about them, see the letters they wrote to me, and see their pictures (most had about 10 or 20 pictures of themselves).

Each of these women was gorgeous. They looked (and dressed) like professional models. Perhaps even more surprisingly, their English was perfect. This got me a bit suspicious, and even more so when I saw that most were in their 20's or 30's and said they did not care about a man's age -- they were simply looking for love.

I became even more suspicious when I read their biographies -- all were (at least) college graduates, there were several lawyers, successful businesswomen, teachers, and two were MDs. It got to be a bit too much when one of the MDs gave her age as 21. She would have to be a genius to finish college and medical school by that age.

Then I figured out what this is all about. I could read the initial letters they sent to me for free and could write one letter to them at no charge, but if I wanted any further correspondence (by mail, chats, or video chats) I would have to buy very expensive subscriptions to the site. Uh, no thanks -- but it does explain why they don't care that I am 50 years older than they are.

I decided to put it to the test and gave one of them my email address and told her she could write to me, or have What's Up/Skype video chats at no cost to either of us. This woman, who had said that she is interested in a serious relationship, hopefully leading to marriage, told me she can only converse through the EuroDate website.
It confirmed exactly what I thought -- that the whole thing was a scam.

I then Googled the website to see what others said about it and found that not only did they agree with me but once they supplied their credit card details, they got repeated charges far beyond what the site advertises, I'm safe, as I never gave my real name or my credit card info, but today when I found that I had gotten 30 more notifications that new women want to meet me, I got tired of trashing the emails and unsubscribed.

But please, don't let this discourage you. If any of you are gorgeous, between the ages of 20 to 60, and want to have an affair in Israel for a week or so with a 75-year-old man, feel free to let me know. :cool:

Gardencook

Trader Group
You don't have to be on a subscription site to get those spam friend requests @Fillies Fan. I'm just about fed up with Facebook anyway, but get requests on a constant basis from men all over the world -- despite the fact that I'm listed as happily married.

You'd be surprised the number of highly skilled "military surgeons" from prestigious ivy league colleges stationed around the world feel they have so much in common with me. :p;):oops:

I've often wondered whose photos these men lifted from someone else's profile on the internet. They are such "family men" always posing with cute children and animals. They generally have brand new Facebook sites, and only a few recent posts to their threads.

Unless they are friends with someone I know, they go strait into the delete file, however, there are one or two here and there where I'm left scratching my head trying to figure out if that "old man" with white or balding hair could be someone I remember as a teenager in high school simply because they are friends with a classmate. :confused:

Everyone else looks SO old, but I'm positive that never happened to me. :D

mtka

Trader Group
So I have been in the hospital for a few days. I am waiting on my ride home and they served me dinner. Since I'm having gallbladder issues and will have it out in the next 2 weeks, they told me to eat a low-fat diet until then. What did they bring me to eat, cheesy ziti, a salad with full day ranch dressing, and banana pudding with whipped cream. At least I could eat the green beans and drink the sweet tea.

Cathy

Happy Birthday Cathy!!
So I have been in the hospital for a few days. I am waiting on my ride home and they served me dinner. Since I'm having gallbladder issues and will have it out in the next 2 weeks, they told me to eat a low-fat diet until then. What did they bring me to eat, cheesy ziti, a salad with full day ranch dressing, and banana pudding with whipped cream. At least I could eat the green beans and drink the sweet tea.

The last time my late husband was in the hospital it had a service where you could call and order anything you wanted..day or night. He had a LOT of health issues, including diabetes and yet they sent up anything he asked for. I know he should have had more restraint but it sure would have been easier if they had not allowed it!!

Gardencook

Trader Group

Sure hope you are feeling better soon, @mtka !

My Mom was able to control her diabetes through diet without any medication or insulin. However, when she broke her hip, she COULD NOT get a proper diabetic diet in the hospital OR convalescent center. The nurses just told her, "It isn't a problem, we'll just give you insulin."

Basically, it was easier to get her insulin dependent rather than feed her the diet they were being paid to. They couldn't have cared less about the long-term implications.

She begged and pleaded, but they would not listen and she finally started sending virtually all the food back uneaten. When they realized she wasn't going to eat, they FINALLY sent a "dietetic" aide to her room and Mom gave her a quick lesson on what should have been on her plate.

As Mom explained all the high fat, high carbohydrate foods that SHOULD NOT have been there, the girl eventually started to cry. She didn't have a CLUE what a special diet was. They had simply hired someone off the street and not given her ANY training.

After that Mom's meals weren't ideal, but they were obviously trying to feed her smaller portions of a few better foods. They would give her half of a grilled cheese sandwich dripping with grease instead of a whole one and they'd send a cup of fruit -- not sugar-free of course -- instead of a huge portion of a rich, sickeningly sweet dessert.

The first thing she said when I got her home was "I've GOT to get off the insulin before I become dependent!"

Less than a week on a proper diet again, and her blood sugar was back in the normal range and the doctor took her off the insulin, but there was no way to get her blood sugar under control when she was under the care of "medical professionals."

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
@mtka I am sorry to hear about your recent hospital stay. I hope you feel better soon and that your surgery goes well.
As for the hospital, if they have one of those survey people contact you, let them know about the poor meal chosen for you. I doubt there was any communication regarding you diet and it was just deliver a meal. Who reads charts these days anyway! A former boss told me be your own best advocate. Question those treating you and voice your disapproval.

After recently being sick with covid, Crankie was fighting with the place where he received his diagnosis and was not given his regular medicine. Had they read his chart, they would have seen that he had chronic bronchitis, plus covid and needed a stronger medication. No one read the chart, they just did the covid test and after asking the guy multiple times, he was given an antibiotic that did not work. After a few phone calls, Crankie went to the hospital, where they gave him the right meds and I had to break quarantine to pick him up when they told him to go home 2 hours after he went to the emergency room by ambulance. He went to his primary care dr. a week later and was given a third medication.
He just went back to work this week.

Fillies Fan

Trader Group
HOW TO GET @jastwins JEALOUS DEPT:

I can really feel your pain. It is 4:30 in the afternoon here and already the temperature has dropped to 20 degrees. (Centigrade, that is -- 68 Fahrenheit.)

More than that, after several days of a very strong storm, most of the 21 roses bushes in my garden are now bare. Only 6 still have flowers and I will probably have to wait until March -- or maybe even April for the others to start blooming again.

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
This major Nor' easter stormed dumped up to 2 feet of snow in Northern NY and NJ. An hour away from me, the snowfall measured just over a foot. Some parts of Long Island had 16 inches of snow. In my town, we changed over to rain in the evening and it did not snow again. The rain washed away half the 6 inches of snow we did get and it is just a big wet mess. I am just glad I cleared off my cars yesterday and do not have to scrape off any snow today..
D3 texted me that they had 2 feet of snow at her college in Western upstate NY and D2 also had alot of snow and more is expected in Massachusetts. Luckily, they have online learning classes today!