Whatcha Doing?

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
@XUfan ... I am so sorry all of this is coming at you ... but "this too shall pass", and hopefully as we go into spring it will all fall behind you with just them memory of winter. Sending hugs and prayers your way!

Oh ... we must have the same Credit Union ... :(

LOL! Same credit union! Actually, this is the second time this happened to me. The first time was the Home Depot breach. This time, they didn't report what store it was. I got a replacement debit card, but I'm just using my credit card, and paying it off every week now. I'll keep the debit card handy if I really need to get money out when the CU is closed...and I'll only use the ATM at their branches!

And, if I haven't said it, thank you to everyone who commented on my crazy year (so far), PM'd me, emailed me, or is just thinking about and/or praying for my family. It means a lot!

So...let's change gears! Hubby is off work this week. We've gone out to eat TOO many times! I'm not concerned about the cost of it. But my clothes are getting tighter every day! I'm going to have to go on a "boot camp style" diet starting on Monday!

But, we've had some fun too! Yesterday, we drove 90 minutes to go to an estate sale. It was a nice trip, and we both love to walk around old houses, looking for treasures! I found a couple of Santa things to add to the 100 or so that I use to decorate the house at Christmas.

Today, after acupuncture, I'm going to talk him into taking me grocery shopping. I need a few things, and I really need the exercise of walking around the stores! LOL!!

Beyond that, I have no idea what we're doing today.

:)

XUfan

Trader Group
We finally got a chance to go grocery shopping this morning. With so many other things going on, we kept putting it on the back burner. While we were there, we picked up lots of things to take to my son's house for his family. I know they're having some struggles financially, and I know that feeding a family of 5 (that includes 2 teenagers) can be very expensive. We took them things that they could use to make meals, as well as snacks. We had found out that the littlest one (our little diabetic) has strep throat. So, we made sure to get her some carb-friendly frozen treats. And, since Kroger had Gatorade for .69 this week, we took 20 bottles with us for her older brother (the baseball player). It felt good to focus on something positive!

KimShaw

☕♥ I made it to 1,000! ♥☕
Staff member
Trader Group
Hi Everyone. It's been a while since I posted...probably about 6 or 8 weeks. I haven't had much time to post, and when I have the time, I just haven't felt like it. This has not been my favorite year so far.

Soon after 2019 began, my husband's younger brother was admitted to the VA hospital with Stage 4 lung cancer. It has spread to his bones, and we're all dealing with the fact that he'll never be able to go home. My husband goes to work every day, then stops at the hospital to visit until 8 or 9pm. Three other brothers and a sister all live nearby, and they all visit frequently, sometimes sharing rides there. So our schedule at home has changed drastically, as have our priorities. He's actually off work this week, and the trip we had talked about over Christmas was postponed. It's strange to think now, how in December we thought Hubby's job was stressing him out and he needed to relax and unwind...and that was before all of this started!

Tossed in with all of this...just over the past few weeks:

-Our teenage granddaughter started receiving explicit, threatening texts from an unknown person, who we can only assume is a stalker.

-One of our nephews was the victim of an internet scam, where he lost more money than he makes in 6 months.

-My debit card from our credit union was identified as one that was compromised in a recent data breach.

-My sister-in-law's identity was stolen.

-Another relative, who is very close to us, is in the beginnings of what can only be a very ugly custody battle.

-And, over the weekend, a student at the high school my grandkids attend attempted to take his own life. He is on life support, but there's not much hope. My granddaughter was good friends with him, and my grandson has played baseball with him since they were 10 (my grandson is a senior this year).

...and those are just the big things I can think of off the top of my head! That list doesn't begin to include the minor health issues, my granddaughter's struggles with diabetes, and my son's deep financial issues, among other things.

I look every day for "happy places" where I don't have to think about the (pardon my language) $hit storm that is surrounding us right now. Right now, it's extremely cold outside, but I'm focusing on how sunny it is!

So, that's why I haven't had the time...or the desire...to post here. I hope to be back soon. If you've sent me PM's, they're probably still unread. I'm sorry. I'll try to get to them soon.

Hugs to you. Prayers to you and all you have listed in your post. It has been awhile since I have posted too. Finally got my Retro Roseanne Granny square afghan done for a customer. Been crocheting different things for different charities plus taking orders and completing them. So been kinda busy.

XUfan

Trader Group
I'm spending the next few hours, trying to get a few things off my Monday to-do list. Normally, it's pretty long, after a weekend. But Hubby has been home for 9 days, so there are a lot of household tasks that have taken a back burner. He's visiting at the hospital this morning, so I'm going to use the time to get a few small tasks done.

XUfan

Trader Group
Today's list is long!!

I've got laundry, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, lots of paperwork, and a bunch of errands. If I get all of that done, I've got a list of organizing tasks that need to be addressed.

Hubby left for work a few minutes ago, and I've already started on my list for the day!

Jorainna

Finder of Lost "Blinkies"
Staff member
Trader Group
I am at work and feeling the time change ... wish they would just leave it alone and let us go with nature! I need to get two prescriptions called in for hubby and pay a couple of bills on-line. It's been a busy Monday morning here at work and I am just now hitting a lull, so I will be able to get a bit done. :)

KimShaw

☕♥ I made it to 1,000! ♥☕
Staff member
Trader Group
Today was taking my grandson to his appointment,crocheting dog sweaters (one for an order and the others are to donate to the Animal Shelter. The never ending pile of laundry. Tomorrow is working on the room that is set for my grandson seems his new bed is coming this weekend.

XUfan

Trader Group
I'm still waiting for the year to get better. I know it will! I have faith!

But, when my husband returned to work on Monday, he found out that one of his co-workers had been killed the night before.

His brother, who has been in the hospital since early Jan, went to Hospice yesterday.

We're hanging in there!

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
@XUfan, I am still praying for your family and for strength to handle what is happening.

Yesterday, I went to the doctor thinking I had a sinus infection/ear infection, but they really think it is allergies! After discussing my health, I was able to get an appt for Friday night and will get a full checkup and some bloodwork. It is long overdue. On the way home, I stopped at 2 CVS stores and finally found Advil Cold & Sinus with the decongestant, the one and only medicine that works for me. I also used some nasal sprays I had at home and after hitting snooze 5 times, I got out of bed and made it to work.

Jorainna

Staff member
Trader Group
Continued prayers for you and yours, @XUfan ... just stay as strong as you can till this "storm" is behind you!

I have not been able to get in my Facebook account for most of the day. :( It says try back "in a few minutes due to maintenance." Anyone have this go on, and how long was your "few minutes"?

upload_2019-3-13_15-36-43.png

jastwins

Trader Group
Facebook is aware and working on it. I can see it but have not tried to post anything. My FB link from Candy Crush gave me an error message too.

NoHio

Trader Group
This may be a bit off topic, but is anyone else extremely annoyed by all the new ads on HCW? The bar at the bottom was super annoying when it showed up, now there's a large ad on the right side of the screen as well. I know that owners need to make money, but this is getting ridiculous.

jastwins

Trader Group
I did not understand what it was at first, but now my computer has a permanent blank space on the bottom of the screen. It slows down my computer when loading up and I try not to have too many windows open.
It is not only hcw with the ads, but many other sites too. The pop ups on Swagbucks take over the whole screen. If I am in a rush, I get annoyed, but I just let them load and click them off. I agree it has increased, @NoHio.

Jorainna

Staff member
Trader Group
This may be a bit off topic, but is anyone else extremely annoyed by all the new ads on HCW? The bar at the bottom was super annoying when it showed up, now there's a large ad on the right side of the screen as well. I know that owners need to make money, but this is getting ridiculous.

I had contacted @dkraeer about something at the end of February, and mentioned that ad at the bottom and he said they had changed ad companies and it would produce less ads. However, it seems like I am seeing a ton more ads and I agree that the bottom one is really annoying.

XUfan

Trader Group
Today, so far, is just a normal Friday. I've been working on laundry since about 6am. I have an acupuncture appointment in about an hour. I'll stop at Kroger when I'm done there. When I get home, I have lots of cleaning to do. We're having our annual "Selection Sunday Feast" on Sunday, so there's a lot to do to prepare. I'm also hoping to get my hair cut this afternoon. Hubby is at work, and will stop at the hospital for a visit on his way home.

XUfan

Trader Group
Home from running errands. I already thought of 2 things I forgot to get at the store!! Now I need to find somewhere to put all of the stuff I bought, and start cleaning the house!

Jorainna

Staff member
Trader Group
Here I sit at work with a hundred things running through my mind that I need to do and get done that are not work related! :eek: I get to leave an hour early which is greatly appreciated as I would like to make it to the Credit Union before they close, so I could deposit all the money from all the "children" on my cel phone bill. Of course the Credit Union is on the opposite end of town from where everything else is that I need to run do ... must I mention Friday afternoon rush hour traffic? :rolleyes:

Need to stop at a Kroger on the way home, too. Will have to get a suet cake from there as I refuse to do an errand just for it, elsewhere. If the grackles and starlings would leave my yard, a suet cake would feed the downy woodpeckers and wrens all week instead of just a couple of days ....:mad:

mtka

Trader Group
The birds eat me out of house and home. I used to get stokes bird feed at kmart and the birds loved it and it was a great price when on sale. I haven't seen it yet in the store and am waiting for it to come in. I hope they bring in some spring stuff and start having sales again. I got a bag of seed from the feed store. The birds eat it, but there is more waste than the stokes brand.