Whatcha doin'?!?

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Green is Gold, Dec 22, 2014.

1. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

So, the coughing started yesterday. And this time it's ME! :mad: I feel alright, except that I hate coughing. I'm only assuming this will get worse before it gets better (although I'm holding out hope that I'm wrong!).

I woke up at 5, even though the alarm was set for 6, so I got up and showered. I did some paperwork for Hubby's job, filled out a rebate and did the Pizza Hut survey on the receipt, so I can get $10 off my next order. After Hubby left for work, I had breakfast, and then turned on my YouTube playlist and did my 20 minute workout.

Soon, I'm leaving for the grocery stores. I don't need to get much this week, but I have 3 stores on my list. One (Aldi) doesn't open for another hour, so I'll go to the other ones first. When I get back, I've got about an hour's worth of housework to do. After that, I want to pull the outdated and nearly-outdated coupons from my coupon box. And then, after I watch last night's Jeopardy, I'm going to read. That's a full day!

Sherri1480 and jastwins like this.
  2. XUfan

I left for the stores around 8:00 this morning. I went to 4 stores (one of them I had to go back in, because I forgot something), and dropped a book off in the slot at the library. It's a little after 10, and I'm home!

Sherri1480 likes this.
  3. Jessi

Jessi ↑ This Person ♥'s Someone With Autism Trader Group

I went drop off DD8 at school, went to the post office to drop mail in the outgoing box(really don't trust our new mail dude to take it), went to Walmart, then went to Food Lion.
    Now I have a load of laundry in the washer. Here in a bit I am going to vacuum.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  4. XUfan

I've decided that I expect too much from other people. First of all, I'm not mad...or even upset...about this. I'm just surprised. So, here are the two things that happened over the past day or so.

I posted yesterday that my sister had stopped here to pick up coupons and wanted to make plans to go out to breakfast for my birthday, in two weeks. My husband wouldn't agree to it, and I later found out it's because he's already made plans for us for that weekend. When I called to tell her I couldn't go with her because I didn't know my husband planned a surprise, she said, "Oh well. I'll just see if I can find someone else to go with me." Um...OK. So, you're taking someone else out for my birthday. OK. If the situation were reversed, I would have asked if there was another day we could go. Odd.

This morning, I sent a text to my DIL, to let her know that I'm the next in the long line of people who are getting sick from the cold/flu that's been going through their house like wildfire. When she told me they were sick, I offered to bring soup, 7-up, whatever. Her answer when I told her I was sick??? "LOL!" If I didn't like her so much, I'd be mad!

Like I said, I'm not mad about this. I'm just puzzled.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  5. XUfan

I was right. This cold is going to get worse before it gets better. I feel like crap! I cannot stop coughing (but I'm allergic to anything with DM in it, so there's not much I can do about it). Of course, today is the beginning of Hubby's 4-day weekend off! Grrr!

I was also right about going to the grocery stores yesterday, instead of waiting until today. The back brakes on the car are going bad, and it sounds like I'm dragging a shovel around when I apply the brake. So...he's working on that, and I'm staying in the house. I've got 2 trades to put together, a rebate to fill out, and some other paperwork. I'm already bored!!

6. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

@XUfan, now THAT is something! They are the only team UT women couldn't beat under Pat Summitt.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  7. vickib50

Back from Key West. Choppy seas made the trip back a nightmare. I had the worst case of motion sickness of my life and believe me, I've had some doozies in the past.

8. everprincess

everprincess Energizer Bunny<br>-(\(\ She Keeps<br>( =':') Goin Trader Group

Sitting here waiting on a customer and the UPS guy. I have a serious pounding headache. Once they get here I'm leaving. I need to go home and walk, take a quick bath and take DS to meet his father. Then I have to go shopping for some supplies for a workshop tomorrow morning. Hopefully by then this headache will be gone.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  9. XUfan

She was a legend...and is truly missed!

Sherri1480 likes this.
  10. Jessi

So far today, took a shower and got dressed, fed DD8 breakfast. Did up those dishes, vacuumed, did a couple loads of laundry, started reading a book and watched a few shows I have on the DVR, now I am just hanging out.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  11. Fillies Fan

Fillies Fan International Man of Mystery! Trader Group

I wish I could say the same. My solar water heater froze up last night and the emergency release opened, sending water spilling out like Niagara Falls. I had to turn off all the water to my house and, this being Saturday, Israel is closed so I could not get anyone to fix the problem. Hopefully, it will be done tomorrow morning.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  12. Jessi

That is not good Mr.F. I hope someone can come out tomorrow and fix it for you.

Sherri1480 and Fillies Fan like this.
  13. Fillies Fan

There was someone at my house at 8 am to take care of the problem.

14. XUfan

Glad you got that fixed!

We're still dealing with the remainder of the cold/flu thing that we got from our granddaughters. I've recovered faster than I thought I would (still have a nagging cough, but that's about it). I think I started feeling better when Hubby came down with it. I also think that's a survival skill that's built into women. We know that both of us can't be down at the same time. Someone has to be the caregiver! Honestly, I felt absolutely horrible, but when he wrapped himself up in two blankets on the couch, and was still shivering, I got up and started handling things.

15. Fillies Fan

Plan for today:

1. Take ex to a nursery to get a bunch of new plants for her garden. On the way there, stop in a Druze village for lunch.

2. Go for a doctor's appointment about 15 miles from my house (nothing serious, just a routine check up). For some unfathomable reason I was given an appointment for 5:42 pm. As I am certain I will be kept waiting for at least 15 minutes, if not a half hour, I have no idea of why the time was so exact.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  16. XUfan

New plants for the garden! I can't wait until it's time for that around here! As a matter of fact, Hubby and I took a walk around our yard yesterday, talking about what we want to do this year to brighten up the gardens. I think we're both ready for spring!

That's an odd time for an appointment! When I met my husband, he worked in a factory. He had to be at work at 5:18 every day. I never understood why they chose such a strange time.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  17. Fillies Fan

On the way to the nursery, we stopped at a cell phone store. I bought a new Galaxy 5 Note for $920 and when I got home I checked to see what the price would be in the States -- $560. :(

18. vickib50

Good morning, everyone! Woke to a beautiful sight this AM; RAIN!! It hasn't rained here in months. Well, this is the dry season. We are expecting a whole inch today!

It's not a bad thing. Currently 68 degrees, only going up to 71 today, but, after it clears, mid 80's every day for the next 10 days.

19. XUfan

It's just another Wednesday for me. I'm catching up the laundry and some housework. I've filed coupons that I got in trades over the past few days. Since I'm still recuperating from the cold/flu thing, I don't have as much energy as I usually do, so I'm not doing nearly as much as I normally do on Wednesdays. I had hoped to get my hair cut, but my stylist isn't working today.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  20. vickib50

A kind soul gave me 8 pounds of fresh from the farm strawberries today. I gave away 3#. I am not equipped to make jam or anything like that. To freeze them, I need space to freeze on a cookie sheet so they don't just clump up. Don't have room. So, we are going to eat strawberries for a few days. SO likes them in a blender with vodka. Of course, he can't go through that much vodka in that short period of time, or so I hope!