Whatcha doin'?!?

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Green is Gold, Dec 22, 2014.

1. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

FF...I'm glad you have the coughing under control. But haven't you learned anything from chatting with this group of stockpilers? Three 1/2 boxes of tissues????? Is that all????

I spent half the day Friday with my two granddaughters, who both had/have symptoms of the nasty flu that's spreading through this area like wildfire! Yesterday, I noticed my throat was a little sore, and I had a headache. I took some Tylenol and drank lots of fluids, and I feel fine today. I hope my luck holds out!

So...here's my exciting day today: Hubby's working all day, so I'm going to try to catch up on some of the housework I've talked myself out of doing this past week. Today is laundry day, so I washed the 2 loads I always have on Sunday. The last one is in the dryer, so I'll be done with that soon. I've got floors to sweep and clean, dusting to do, and I need to run the vacuum. I also need to clean the bathroom, and get dinner prepped for tonight.

I finished the book I was reading this morning, so I need to choose the next one from the pile. My plan is to get all of the housework done in 3 hours. Then, I've got some coupon work to do. After all of that, I'm spending the rest of the afternoon on the couch with whichever book I picked.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  2. Fillies Fan

Fillies Fan International Man of Mystery! Trader Group

No, I finished 3 boxes and only had 1/2 a box left.

If you makes you feel better, today I bought 8 full size boxes and 7 half-size boxes. The half-size fit in perfectly on my computer desk.

I first went into a chain pharmacy store called "Super Pharm" and bought 4 of the full size boxes (that's all they had left of the Kleenex Lotion type) and then I went into a supermarket called "Supersal", bought the other four boxes as well as the half-sized boxes.

The full-sized boxes cost me 7.90 shekels ($2.11) each in both stores. When I got home, I found a page of coupons from Super Pharm waiting for me in my mail box. If I had the coupons earlier, paid the annual charge to join their club, and clipped the coupon for Kleenex Lotion, I could have purchased it for 7.90 shekels. I once started a thread saying why it is a ridiculous waste of time and money to use coupons in Israel -- and this is a perfect example of why.

Sherri1480 and jastwins like this.
  3. XUfan

Oh...I knew you said you used 3 boxes and had 1/2 left. I just couldn't imagine being in the middle of flu season with only that many tissues in the house! I think you've read my posts about how I go into "squirrel mode" in the fall...gathering whatever I think we need to get through the winter. Tissues are always on that list.

I laughed when I read your comparison of buying with coupons vs. buying without. I've run across a few of those memberships before too, where the savings was either the same or less than the dues. It makes no sense!

4. catara

catara Well-Known Member Trader Group

Finally feeling better so decided to go to church. Big mistake! Made it through the first hour and then ended up going home early because I felt like crap. Picked up fast food for lunch. Now I'm hanging out In the recliner working on rebates. I've already had two naps and it's only 3:00 pm.
    Gotta get the Valentines addressed and in the mail tomorrow. They're going to be late but what can you do!

5. XUfan

Well, I had the morning planned, but just found out that my plans have changed.

It's Monday, so I'm watching my littlest granddaughter. We planned to go to Story Time at the library at 10:30, then come home for a snack, then take her to school at 12:15. After that, I was going to run to Kroger for a few things I need for dinner tonight. Her mom picks her up from school now, so my day was free after I dropped her off at school.

I just texted her mom to make sure she wore something with hearts for the library event, and asked if she'd bring an extra wallet sized pic from her school pictures for the craft they're doing. When she answered me, I found out that our little one has a fever and was sick at 5:30 this morning. So...no story time and no school. I'll have her until 2pm, when her mom picks her up, but I would guess she'll be resting most of that time. Poor little thing! It's sad when kids are sick!

So, I'll wait until after she's picked up to go to the store. I got so much done yesterday, that I really don't have a to-do list today. So hopefully, I can get a lot of reading done after I get back from the store and have the sauce simmering! I signed up for the reading challenge on goodreads.com again this year. I set my goal at 32 books for the year...and I'm on book 7 already!

6. Fillies Fan

@XUfan If she is too sick for the library and school wouldn't it be wiser for her not to go outdoors at all? Why not let her stay in bed (or at least in her house) and you babysit her there?

Sherri1480 likes this.
  7. XUfan

You're so smart! I have no idea why we never think about that. But, her mom just dropped her off here. She's still in her jammies, sleeping on my couch now.

8. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

Sherri1480 likes this.
  9. Fillies Fan

A number of HCWers have claimed that I am a generous person. I decided to prove they are right. My ex came to my house the day before yesterday and I gave the cold to her.

Right now, I'm feeling fine but she is not.

Sherri1480, Cathy and jastwins like this.
  10. vickib50

Good morning, world! It's a balmy 67 degrees at this hour. Looking forward to a beautiful day. Happy Valentine's Day to all of you.

Sherri1480, jastwins and Fillies Fan like this.
  11. XUfan

I woke up at 5, and got a few things crossed off of my to-do list before it was time to wake my Hubby. After he went to work, I did my morning workout, then ate breakfast.

I'm waiting to find out if our littlest granddaughter is well enough to go to school today. She was very sad yesterday when her mom said she might keep her home today too. She said, "No. I HAVE to be there for Valentine's Day!". So, hopefully she's feeling a lot better today. I bought some Valentine craft kids on super duper clearance last year, so if she doesn't go to school, we'll do some craft projects.

We don't go overboard for Valentine's Day here. OK...we don't do anything for it. Sometimes, we exchange cards, but that's it. And I am truly fine with that! Yesterday, when Hubby got home from work, he handed me a restaurant gift card that he cashed in his gas points to get for us. We already had a card for that same restaurant, so we're going out (probably this weekend) for a very nice (totally free!) dinner. Since the gas is paid for by the company he works for, we're considering "our" Valentine gift!

Sherri1480 likes this.
  12. XUfan

So, our little one still has a fever. She got here at 9am. It's 10:45 now, and she's still sleeping on the couch. Thank goodness I bought an ear and forehead thermometer a few weeks ago. I can keep track of her temp and not have to wake her. It's gone down a bit since she's been here, so that's good!

While she's sleeping, I'm hanging out in the family room (where she is). I've gotten a few things done online that needed to be done, filed Sunday's coupons, folded a load of clothes, and filled a train envie. Her mom will be here in about 2 hours to pick her up. I'm not sure she'll be awake by then! I think she just needs to sleep this thing off.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  13. NoHio

NoHio Well-Known Member Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

Aw, I'm sad that she doesn't get to go to to her school party. I remember looking forward to the holiday parties at school. I hope she feels better soon!

14. vickib50

Getting on a fast boat to Key West in the morning at 7:00. Staying overnight. Be back on Thursday night late. See ya Friday!

15. Fillies Fan

What???!!! I have told you before, young lady, that you are not to stay out too late and especially not overnight! Consider yourself grounded for the next week and you can forget about getting a new dress for the prom.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  16. vickib50

17. XUfan

My granddaughter's fever broke around noon yesterday. She slept on my couch from 9am until 1pm. I was taking her temp every hour, but when I started to take it at 11:30, she was a sweat ball...and her temp had dropped to normal! She woke at 1, and said she felt "so much better!".

She's at her other grandparents' house today, and she's going back to school today. Her mom dropped her Valentines and Valentine box off at her school yesterday, so hopefully, they passed hers out and delivered the other kids' cards to her box. She'll be so happy!

So, I'm all by myself today. It's laundry and cleaning day. I've got a lot to do today and tomorrow, because Hubby has a 4-day weekend starting Friday. I hope we can find some fun things to do, since the temp is supposed to be in the mid 60's on Saturday!

Last night, my sister stopped by to pick up some coupons. She asked what I'm doing on my birthday (two weeks from Saturday). I told her I didn't know, but that my husband is off that weekend. She said we should go to breakfast at a restaurant that she likes really well. I didn't want to commit to it, since I try not to plan things for Hubby's days off. But she kept saying, "we're going". Hubby kept saying, "We'll see.". When she left, he told me that he has already made plans for my birthday weekend, and was going to surprise me when we got closer to the date. He didn't know what to do when she kept saying that we had to go with her! LOL!! When he told me, I said, "Surprise!" LOL!! So, one of the things on my list today is to call her and explain.

18. Fillies Fan

What a silly waste of money. It is well-known that if a woman has hot pants she doesn't keep them on very long.

19. catara

catara Well-Known Member Trader Group

Hmm, alrighty then...so how 'bout them Patriots?

(Segues to a different topic...LOL)

Sherri1480, jastwins and Fillies Fan like this.
  20. XUfan

Or...how about the amazing UConn Women's basketball team. 100 consecutive victories!!

Sherri1480, catara and jastwins like this.