Whatcha doin'?!?

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Green is Gold, Dec 22, 2014.

1. everprincess

everprincess Energizer Bunny<br>-(\(\ She Keeps<br>( =':') Goin Trader Group

Bored of my mind here. Guess I'll vacuum this place and get my accountant's stuff done. Need to leave early today and go run errands.
    Then walk/run, unload dishwasher, start some laundry and clip another insert. Going to bed early tonight because I feel so tired today. I need to rewatch Suits tonight since I passed out last night.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  2. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

We are under a winter storm watch on Long Island and just heard thunder!! Yes, a thunder snowstorm. School was cancelled for today. Supposedly, we are getting a foot of snow and I will have to go out and clean off my van later. My neighbor lets me park my van in his driveway so mine can get plowed. This neighbor was smart enough to get out of town and is spending 2 months in the Dominican Republic!!
    Crankie is at work in NYC and of course, they have him working outside today, the worst weather day of 2017. I just hope he does not get bronchitis again from being in the cold all day.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  3. Fillies Fan

Fillies Fan International Man of Mystery! Trader Group

I went shopping with my ex today, which translates into "She shops, I pay".

We went into one store, she bought some things, and she left her phone number for them to call her when they receive a particular item in her size. A few minutes later she received a call from the sales woman, a young lady in her 20s, saying that she found my credit card near the entrance to the shop.

My ex went back to get it and, as this was my American Visa, I realized that the sales woman had saved me a heck of a long time on telephone calls to the States to get everything straightened out. I wanted to buy her a box of chocolates to thank her but there was no place in the mall that sold them. Instead, I went into a bookstore and bought her a gift card for 100 shekels. This is not a lot of money, roughly $27.

Strangely, she had never seen a GC before and I had to explain to her how it worked. She seemed thrilled by the idea which made my day even better.

4. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

Jasmine, stay safe out there! I've been hearing about your storm all morning on the radio. Your neighbor sounds like my sister and her husband. They live in Winnipeg, and every year they take a 3-4 week trip to either Arizona or Hawaii.

Sherri1480, Fillies Fan and jastwins like this.
  5. XUfan

Wow! That's another example of my belief that everything happens for a reason! If the store would have had your ex's size in stock, the sales woman wouldn't have had her phone number. It's amazing how things fall into place sometimes!

That was so nice of her to call...and for you to show your appreciation in such a nice way!

Sherri1480 and jastwins like this.
  6. Fillies Fan

I have the most miserable cold I have ever had. It is centered in my chest and head and has lasted about 12 hours so far. I managed to get about 4 hours of sleep last night and, despite the fact that it is only 10:50 a.m. here I am going to have a cognac in the that together with my lack of sleep it will knock me out.

I am the eternally optimistic type and can see the good in almost any situation. In this case, I figure that if I never wake up from this nap I will at least have the satisfaction of proving wrong every doctor who has told me for the past 55 years that smoking will kill me.

I also hope that I can prove the clergy is wrong. I have told many rabbis, priests, and ministers that when I die I want to go to Heaven in an airplane. Each of them who knew me well told me I won't need an airplane for where I will be going and should instead invest in a submarine.

7. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

@Fillies Fan, I have no cure for the common cold. I will tell you what the pharmacist told me. Buy the OTC drugs and take them for seven days. Your cold will be gone. Do nothing and the cold will be gone in a week.

8. Fillies Fan

I do not have a common cold. I refuse to have a common cold. I have a very special, elite, cold.

I had hoped to sleep but didn't succeed. When I am standing or sitting, my nose is congested and I do cough a bit but not much. However, when I lie down the nasal backdrip all goes down to my chest and I wind up coughing like crazy. That is what is keeping me from sleeping.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  9. jastwins

@Fillies Fan, I hope you feel better soon.
    We have another snow day and it is cold!!!! I was able to start my van yesterday and even though parked across the street, there was a lot of wet heavy snow to shovel out of my neighbor's driveway. As I was working on it, a guy comes down my block with a bobcat and moved the snow for me. An angel from heaven!!!! I then went and cleared off my 89 year old neighbor's steps and then my porch. It was exhausting to say the least. The guy Crankie hired to plow our driveway came at 10:00 pm last night and I will move my van back to our drive way today. We did not get as much snow as they predicted but more than enough to cause a mess. The cold temps are just making it worse. Wind chills are in the single digits.

Sherri1480 and Fillies Fan like this.
  10. XUfan

Fillies Fan, I hope you feel better soon. Maybe you'd should dig out that bottle of brandy you've mentioned before. It's worth a shot! (My father, who was a bartender most of his life would be proud of me for that pun!)

Speaking of not feeling well, DIL just dropped off our littlest granddaughter, who is now sleeping on my sofa. She's been battling a cold for at least a week. When DIL gets off work at 2, she's taking her to the doctor. I'll let her sleep, but I'm waking her up before 11am. All she's talked about all week is the new episode of Sofia the First that's on today. Of course, I set it to record, just n case she wants to sleep longer.

After they leave, I'm going to do some serious cleaning in my kitchen. I want to clean out some of the cabinets, and today seems like a good day for that.

Sherri1480, Cathy and jastwins like this.
  11. Cathy

Cathy Happy Birthday Cathy!!

Have you tried Breathe Right strips??

12. catara

catara Well-Known Member Staff Member Trader Group

I am on day 4 of a horrible cold also. If my nose isn't running, then it is so congested that I wake myself with my own snoring. Constantly clearing my throat from the post nasal drip. Afrin helps somewhat but only for an hour or two at the most. Unfortunately, I do not drink but if I did...
    Ugh...

13. XUfan

Yesterday, after I posted that our littlest granddaughter had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon, I got a text from the older granddaughter's school, saying she had a fever and needed to be picked up. They live in the next town over, but it's only about a 20 minute drive each way. I picked her up, brought her here, and gave her Tylenol, lots of water and a bowl of homemade soup (spicy red lentil is her favorite!).

I drove over to visit the girls after they went to the doctor. Well...the little one left Mr. Bear and her blankie at my house, so I HAD to go over there. I can't imagine being sick and not having my cuddly bear to make me feel better! They were both feeling much better already. There's a bad flu going around here. Lots of schools are closed, and the local children's hospital is full! They saw almost 400 kids yesterday in the ER!

Hubby is working this weekend, so I made his breakfast and sent him off to work. He wanted a bacon sandwich, so that was easy! Now, I'm washing a load of his work clothes while the hair color on my head does it's job. After I'm done coloring my hair, I've got some housework to do, a book to finish, and a few emails to send (it's my brother's 67th birthday!). At 2:30, I'll be settling down on the couch to watch basketball. After that, Hubby should be home. I'm hoping to catch up on some of our shows that we recorded, and maybe grab some sort of takeout for dinner.

That's my day!

Sherri1480 and Cathy like this.
  14. Jessi

Jessi ↑ This Person ♥'s Someone With Autism Trader Group

Put in one load of laundry.
    Making out match-ups for the train I am running here.
    Debating if I want to go to Publix.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  15. XUfan

I decided that, since it's a beautiful day, we'll grill out for dinner tonight. So, I abandoned my list of things to do around the house, and headed for the grocery store. I guess everyone else had the same idea, because both stores I went to were very crowded!

I'm home now. I need to put the groceries away, put Hubby's steak in a bag of marinade, do a quick straightening up of the house, and see if I can still finish the book I'm reading before the basketball game starts.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  16. XUfan

LOL!! I just sent this in an email to my brother. Do you think he'll know it's from me?????

[​IMG]

Sherri1480, Cathy and Fillies Fan like this.
  17. catara

catara Well-Known Member Staff Member Trader Group

Cleaned out the microwave, emptied the dishwasher and reloaded it. Wiped down the countertops. Opened the freezer door and stared into it's depths hoping something for dinner would magically appear.

Need to run to the grocery store and get some dollar bills to send with my grandkids Valentines cards that I made Thursday. $1 for each year of their age. 3,3,4,8. Then on to post office.

Need to fill out MIR's and get them ready for the mail on Monday.

And I still feel like crap...

Sherri1480 likes this.
  18. Jessi

Jessi ↑ This Person ♥'s Someone With Autism Trader Group

I ended up going to Publix and the library with DD8. Got 10 different movies for her to watch and 5 for me to watch along with some books.
    Publix, I had to get a few things that were BOGO.
    Now I need to get DD8 in the shower and ready for bed and then fixed her some dinner.
    After that I am going to fold a load of laundry and put in another load into the washer. Then I am going to try to watch a movie from the library and do the dishes up from dinner.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  19. jastwins

Today was a cleaning day. I did 10 loads of laundry....lots of towels, I stripped down 2 beds : sheets blankets and comforters, washed my black jacket, some other jackets, and d3's laundry from her room. I cleaned out the fireplace, vacuumed, and straightened out the den. Took a break and looked at prom dresses with D1. I watched my friend's dog, made dinner and am resting in my recliner. Maybe I will take a nap so I can stay up to watch SNL with D1.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  20. Fillies Fan

The day before yesterday I posted about the miserable cold I had. I have to tell you that it was touch and go there for a while. I was rushed to the hospital where four doctors pronounced me dead. Then a beautiful young nurse touched me and it immediately became obvious that I was very much alive. They told me to go home.

That is what I mean by it having been "touch and go".

Okay, I admit to exaggerating but I was really miserable. I was unable to get any sleep because the nasal backdrip kept descending to my chest and the resulting coughing kept me awake.

I finally took two shots of cognac (I never, ever, have more than one in a day) and put enough cushions and pillows on my bed to keep my chest and head higher than the lower part of my body and was was able to get to sleep. I woke up 14 hours later and the coughing had stopped but my nose is still stuffed. I went through three boxes of Kleenex in two days and now have just one half of a box left, so even though I am still not feeling 100% I am going to drive into a city 30 kilometers (18 miles) away to buy more Kleenex.

There are two cities which are somewhat closer but both of them are on high elevations (like my own) and the one I am going to is in a deep valley and hence much warmer. I figure the longer drive is worth it to avoid getting pneumonia.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Sherri1480 likes this.