Whatcha doin'?!?

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Green is Gold, Dec 22, 2014.

1. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

Not "bound" as in bound up. Get your mind out of the gutter, @Fillies Fan! No, wait. I like you just where you are. I haven't flirted like this in 30 years. I'm not old, I'm just a recycled teenager.

Sherri1480, jastwins and Fillies Fan like this.
  2. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

Everything on my to-do list is done. The basketball game was awesome! I went to Kroger, and I'm happy to say I'm home! I was amazed at how crowded the store was! It took me a while to find a parking spot!! I don't plan to leave the house again until next year! :p

Sherri1480 and jastwins like this.
  3. XUfan

Happy New Year!

I got up early, turned on my phone, and saw the texts from midnight that a few people sent. We were in bed by 10:30. Yes...we're old!

Hubby got to go into work an hour later than usual, so he cooked breakfast. After he left...and I cleaned up the kitchen!!...I went to Dollar Tree for extra papers, and a calendar for the kitchen. Yes...I'm old-school!

Now I'm working on laundry and some light housework. After I get those things done, I'll sort, cut, and file the coupons. Then, the rest of the day is mine!! It's sunny, and I love to sit on the couch where the sun is best, and read!

4. vickib50

I am making my rounds redeeming the last of my birthday coupons. I've been to Chili's which was a bad experience and am now at TGI Friday's for a brownie obsession w/ Bailey's Irish Cream on top. Ooh, la la!

5. vickib50

Found a brand new place in town called UBREAKIFIX. They were open 15 minutes when I walked in. Brand new store, I'm the first customer. Perhaps I can get my phone repaired.

6. Fillies Fan

Fillies Fan International Man of Mystery! Trader Group

Please ask them if they handle hearts you have broken on the internet.

Sherri1480 and Cathy like this.
  7. vickib50

If the hearts are Apple branded, they can probably fix them.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  8. Fillies Fan

Fillies Fan International Man of Mystery! Trader Group

Okay, I know that this is going to sound so ridiculous that you won't believe it, but is true.

My ex needed an ultrasound today and asked me to come with her to the closest place it could be done (about 30 kilometers from the village we both live in).

It was a cold day and she was walking around holding a hot water bottle. I asked her why and she said that it keeps her hands warm.

I suggested, instead, that she get a pair of gloves and had to practically drag her into a store which had them. Then I explained to her that 85% of all heat loss is through the head and that she should also get a woolen hat.

As I was paying the the gloves and the hat she reluctantly agreed but she complained that wearing the hat makes her look silly.

I am still stunned that she thinks that a wool hat makes her look silly but walking around holding a hot water bottle doesn't!

Sherri1480, Cathy and jastwins like this.
  9. XUfan

Well...I don't carry a hot water bottle around, but you'll never see me with a hat on. I don't like what they do to my hair, so I don't wear them. And I really don't like wearing gloves, either. I can't drive when I'm wearing them! My 69 year old sister, who lives in Winnipeg, Canada, doesn't wear a hat, either. She says it flattens her hair out. So, she wears earmuffs that wrap around the back of her head. It gets a lot colder there than it does here in Ohio.

10. MsSweetCheeks

MsSweetCheeks Mod Of The Month March 2012<br>The Grand Theft <br Trader Group

Aww, poor Mr. F!!!! LOL.

We will try to keep it G rated just for you. LOL.

11. XUfan

Today, I'm going to try to get a few small projects done. School is still out, and I told DIL that I'd be happy to have the girls come visit me on Tues and Thurs this week. I have a lot of things lined up for Wed...then Hubby's 4 day weekend starts on Friday. If I want to get anything done, it's today!

I have a small list of phone calls and paperwork to tackle, then I'm hoping to get a closet or two cleaned out. I also need to go to Kroger to pick up a few sale items before the sale ends. And sometime today, I need to plan dinner!

Sherri1480 likes this.
  12. vickib50

Got my phone back at 6:00 PM on Monday. I made it three days without my right arm! It works better than it ever did. I could never get it to ring before. Now it rings and announces the caller.

13. XUfan

I woke up at 5:40, so I turned off the alarm, got up, and quietly shut the door behind me. Hubby didn't need to get up until 6:30, and this way he didn't have to wake up to my alarm. He appreciated that!

It's a rainy, foggy, yucky day here. But, in about an hour, my DIL will be dropping my granddaughters off to visit me for the day. I'm not sure how long they're staying today, but I plan to play lots of board games and card games, and work a lot of puzzles! That's what they like to do when they're here. Also, the littlest one has become a big fan of the show, "Chopped" and likes to play what she calls, "Play Doh Chopped" where I judge her and her sister, while they make "food" from the various colors of Play Doh.

14. MsSweetCheeks

Got up. Ate my breakfast. Straightened up the house some. Made a pizza with a cauliflower crust for lunch. Then, rode my bike to the library.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  15. everprincess

everprincess Energizer Bunny<br>-(\(\ She Keeps<br>( =':') Goin Trader Group

Spent my vacation sick. The day after Christmas I started to feel bad and it went downhill from there. Went to the doctor that following Friday only to hear you have a virus and we can't give you anything...ugh. Last night was the first night I slept any without a raging fever. Still coughing my brains out but maybe I'm getting better. I did manage with some help to get the Christmas stuff put away, the master bathroom cleaned and now I'm working on my bedroom. Reorganizing everything for the new year. Not walking though until I get 100% better. I don't want to push it. Christmas was great though. New Years not so much.

16. XUfan

It's snowing here today. We're only supposed to get a couple of inches, so it's not a big deal...unless they're wrong! LOL!

DIL is bringing my granddaughters over an an hour or so. They're going to spend the day here. I haven't gotten to see the much since DIL hasn't worked during the school break (she works at one of the schools), so she hasn't needed a sitter. The girls and I are going to cook dinner, and make cupcakes for dessert. It should be fun!

17. MsSweetCheeks

Basically, the same old thing just another day. LOL.

18. everprincess

everprincess Energizer Bunny<br>-(\(\ She Keeps<br>( =':') Goin Trader Group

So glad it is Friday. It seems that everyone has been very cranky this week....I'm over it. Going to try my best to walk this evening because I need to boost my energy and zone out all the negative energy around me. Then take a nice hot relaxing bath and maybe get the rest of my bedroom done. Just have to vacuum, wipe down the tv stand, treadmill and tidy up my closet. Then I'll vacuum the upstairs hallway. Tomorrow I'll try to see if I can get DS's bathroom done (yuck...I hate cleaning bathrooms).

Sherri1480 likes this.
  19. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

Today we had a 2 hour delay since 4 inches of snow fell overnight. I enjoyed an extra hour of sleep.
    It is payday and I am glad to get paid. This afternoon we will pick up my van and head to NJ to stay over my sister's house for the weekend. We are celebrating my Dad's birthday, (85 today), my sister and the twins' later this month.

Sherri1480 and 3timesoccermom like this.
  20. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original Dinner Guru

Wow Jasmine, that's a lot of reason to celebrate!