Whatcha doin'?!?

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Green is Gold, Dec 22, 2014.

1. KmmCo

KmmCo Well-Known Member Trader Group

I worked on the normal Monday chores yesterday and got them all caught up. Did a little shopping and got a new microwave - so that my son could take the old one downstairs to replace the broken one he has....

Today had just been lazy day .... The only thing I did was start the dishwasher tonight. I did watch a bunch of cooking videos on youtube today because I need to get out of the pasta rut that I have been in lately.

Tomorrow DH is supposed to be off work and I will just wait to see what he wants to do.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  2. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

Today is another day by myself. I'm not used to this!! Yesterday, I cleaned and did laundry. So today, I'll do paperwork, run a couple of errands, and hopefully reorganize the freezers. That's the plan!

Sherri1480 likes this.
  3. KmmCo

KmmCo Well-Known Member Trader Group

Nice day out today! I gassed up DH's car and cleaned out the inside, then he took it to the car wash. He ran the SUV over to the car wash too.

It is his birthday so I took him out to lunch on a giftcard that I have been saving for today. After that, we stopped by Costco a pick up a couple of meat items.

When we got home we decided that we needed to clean out the freezers. The downstairs one is defrosting - a big old chest freezer. We ended up with a whole garbage bag full of trash - mostly odd and end leftovers and just a few freezer burned meats.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Sherri1480 likes this.
  4. XUfan

I got up early, and left the house at the same time Hubby left for work. I went to two grocery stores, came home and put all of the stuff away. Now, I'm waiting for my granddaughters to arrive. They're coming to spend the day with me. We'll make birthday cards and cookies for their mom today...and I'm sure we'll play a ton of board games, card games, and whatever else they decide to do to keep busy!

The grocery stores were already busy this morning, which seemed odd. But the cashier told me that it's partly people buying for New Year's Eve, and partly because the weatherman said we might get a half inch of snow. Yes...I said a half inch! People freak out over the weather! LOL!

Sherri1480 likes this.
  5. MsSweetCheeks

MsSweetCheeks Mod Of The Month March 2012<br>The Grand Theft <br Trader Group

Got up, ate my breakfast and straightened up the house. Then I went to the laundry mat to do laundry. Came home and cooked lunch. Then, I rode my bike to the library to bring Frank his lunch. Walked over to 2nd Time Around which is a thrift store right by the library to see if I could find any good deals. Found 2 pair of warm fuzzy sucks and a coffee mug. Now, I'm back at the library playing around.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  6. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

Oh, how I would love to have some fuzzy sucks!

Sherri1480 likes this.
  7. MsSweetCheeks

My feet get so cold so easily. Yesterday, I got some at Wal-mart too but the ones I found today was a better bargain.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  8. vickib50

Oh, you missed my sarcasm, @MsSweetCheeks! You wrote "fuzzy SUCKS"

jastwins and Sherri1480 like this.
  9. MsSweetCheeks

Oops, I so didn't catch that. I'm just now realizing my typo. LOL.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  10. vickib50

That's OK even if it was a typo. I loved it!

MsSweetCheeks and Sherri1480 like this.
  11. vickib50

These muscle relaxers are kicking my butt! I'm sleeping about 16 hours out of every 24. And not in any particular order.

Sherri1480 and jastwins like this.
  12. vickib50

Good morning, Hot Coupon World! Winter has come to SW Florida for 48 hours. It's a cool 57 degrees at this hour and only going up to 67 for the high today. Tomorrow night, EEK! it's going down to 46! Thank the good Lord it will be back in the 80's by Sunday.

I have often sworn off facebook but I have backslidden. For all you fundamentalists out there, you know what that means. I awoke at 7:30 last night and only realized it was 4:30 AM when I unglued myself from the computer screen! I was on fb all night! Oh, no! I know what a time-waster it is as well as a brain-waster. I also suffer from bouts of high blood pressure when I read idiot posts. That said, I fell in the Devil's hole last night. Well, time for a new year resolution: no more facebook.

Sherri1480, NoHio and jastwins like this.
  13. XUfan

Vicki, I totally get it! I've never had a facebook account, but I still get it. I'm also not a fundamentalist, but I surely do know about backsliding! Anyone who's been on as many diets as I have been must know about backsliding! :oops:

I hope for your health and sanity you actually do stay away from it. I know several people personally who swear they're stepping away from facebook "forever"...then they call me to tell me the latest drama. It must be very addictive!

14. MsSweetCheeks

Today, I woke up. Ate my strawberry, banana and peach overnight steel oats for breakfast. Swept and mopped the living room, kitchen, and hallway. Cooked chili mac for lunch. Washed the dishes. Then, rode my bike to the library.

Now, Allie helped me around the house today and has found a new place to sleep. She got under the comforter on the bed. I think she was cold. LOL.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  15. XUfan

I spent the morning doing some light housework. Then, I ran a few errands. I had a list of 5 places to stop. I went to Meijer to pick up Hubbys prescription, and started toward the other side of town for the next two stops. My car's steering was acting funny, but luckily I was only a few blocks from home. I muscled it around the corners, and into the garage. Then, I got into Hubby's car to finish the errands. I picked up some ground beef and country pork ribs at the little store with the full-service meat case. Then went to two libraries to pick up books that I had reserved. The library close to me is closed until February for renovations, but they have the bookmobile parked outside for reserves only. The other library is my second choice when I can't get a book at the one near me. It's near the store where we buy meat. After that, I stopped for a bag of ice, and came home.

I also spent about an hour, dealing with someone else's drama (see...you don't need facebook for drama!). I'm still going over it in my head. I need to sit down and compose an email, but I get tired thinking about it.

I've got 4 or 5 hours until Hubby comes home. I still have to put the sheets back on the bed, run the vac in the rooms with carpet, wipe out the fridge, and do a little bit of paperwork. After that, I hope to be able to sit on the couch, in the sunshine that comes in the front window, and read until he comes home!

Sherri1480 likes this.
  16. joshmamabear

joshmamabear Member Of The Month Nov. 2011 Trader Group

I am currently shredding a lot of CC pre approved apps that I didn't accept. This AoRs sure can be very profitable but they come with a lot of free spam mails I have to keep up with. :rolleyes: I guess I have to live with this because it comes with the package of free money/miles/hotel points.

Sherri1480 likes this.
  17. XUfan

I just had a scare! I got out the broom and started sweeping the kitchen. We have dark brown slate tile which shows every crumb, so I sweep it pretty often. Then I noticed something in the corner...and my mind said, "that's mouse poop!" The last thing I want to think about with a house full of stockpiled food, is that there's a mouse in here. I started sweeping that corner, and about 50 of them were there! Yikes!!!! Then...I looked closer. Yesterday, my granddaughters made and decorated cookies for their mom for her birthday. The older one swept the floor when they were done, and apparently didn't see all of the chocolate sprinkles that blended in with the tile!! :rolleyes:

I'm just glad it wasn't what I thought it was!

Sherri1480, Cathy and NoHio like this.
  18. XUfan

The last day of the year!

I started it by washing last night's dinner dishes! Yep, I got lazy last night. We didn't eat until 8pm, and by the time we were done eating, I only had the energy to put away the leftovers, change into my jammies, and curl up on the couch!

I've also washed a load of dark t-shirts, which are in the dryer right now. I needed my navy blue one clean by 11am, so I can wear it when I watch the game today.

Besides that, I'm going to get a few little things done, fill out two rebates to mail in, send emails to my sisters, and run out to get sushi for tonight. Those are the things on my to-do list. So I'm hoping that leaves a lot of time for reading this afternoon.

19. vickib50

Last night I was taking a "soaky bath" (cannot stand well enough right now for a shower) and fell asleep. I awoke a couple hours later in a cold bath with my phone in my hand IN THE WATER! Phone is probably toast but I'm taking it to Radio Shack in a half hour to see if it can be repaired. Side note not for the faint of heart. I had the phone against my body and since then I have had itching, stinging, burning in my, uh, "girls." A bit of electrical current, just enough to recharge my batteries, I'm guessing.

20. Fillies Fan

Fillies Fan International Man of Mystery! Trader Group

I wish that you two ladies would remember that this is a "G" rated forum. At age 71 my heart cannot take such provocative posts -- in fact, I am still trying to get over the mental picture of @vickib50 being "bed bound" as she mentioned in an earlier post.