What to do with chunky soup?

A

ATLmom

I just discovered that way in the dark recesses of my canned foods stockpile I have about 10 cans of soups that are expiring soon. I get so tired of eating the soup straight and wondered if anyone has a recipe for using them? Most are like Campbell's chunky beef and vegetable and chunky chicken noodle.

bugface711

Mod of the Month 12/2010 Sǝɔᴚǝʇɐᴚʎ ʇo ʇɥǝ Quǝǝn
Trader Group
you could turn them into a chicken pot pie "ish" dinner. with either a home made biscuit crust, or rolled out crescent rolls, or mashed potatoe topping (if no potatoes in the soup)

Just mix up a little melted butter & flour, then add in a few of the soups. that will turn the broth into a gravy.

looking forward to seeing other ideas b/c I too have some soups that need new ideas

: )

3timesoccermom

The Original "Viral" Foodie
You might check out the Campbell's site and see if they have recipe suggestions.

Also, I think it was enginerd, but a couple of months ago she (or whomever it was) posted a VERY informative bit of info about how the expiration dates are really not anything to worry about. I wish I could remember what thread it was in, but I do remember it's been a month or 2. You might search her name and see if it comes up.

A

ATLmom

Ooo, those are good ideas. Thanks! I will check for the post from engineerd too. I really don't go by exp. dates as gospel either, but we have sooo much of this soup I would really like to get some used up.

3timesoccermom

The Original "Viral" Foodie
I looked for it and found one where she discussed expirations on meds - maybe that's all it was. I had thought there was discussion about food expirations too but I have been known to be wrong, frequently! LOL

You could always contact her directly too.

Do you have kids that could take it for lunches?

Ooo, those are good ideas. Thanks! I will check for the post from engineerd too. I really don't go by exp. dates as gospel either, but we have sooo much of this soup I would really like to get some used up.

TiggerToo

Mod Of The Month Oct. 2011<br>Has A Heart Of Pure
Trader Group
Here are a few direct from the Campbell's soup website:

Quick Vegetables & Beef

1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Chunky™ Beef with Country Vegetables Soup
1 cup cooked rice

1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • Heat the oil in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and cook until it's tender-crisp.
  • Stir the soup, rice and soy in the saucepan and heat through, stirring occasionally.
Beef Topped Pasta

2 cans (19 ounces each) Chunky Chunky Beef Pasta Soup
2 cups cooked broccoli florets
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 8 ounces dry)

Shredded Cheddar cheese for garnish
  • In medium saucepan mix soup, broccoli and pepper. Over medium heat, heat through, stirring occasionally. Serve over spaghetti. Garnish with cheese.

Beef 'n' Bean Bake

1 pound ground beef
1 can (19 ounces) Campbell's® Chunky™ Roadhouse - Beef & Bean Chili
3/4 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa
3/4 cup water
8 corn tortillas (6-inch) or 6 flour tortillas (8-inch), cut into 1-inch pieces

2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • Heat the oven to 400°F.
  • Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
  • Stir the soup, salsa, water, tortillas and half the cheese in the skillet. Pour the beef mixture into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Cover the baking dish.
  • Bake for 30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

Mexicali Beef

1 can (19 ounces) Campbell's® Chunky™ Beef with Country Vegetables Soup Soup
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 cup cooked whole kernel corn
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Chopped tomato
Sliced green onion
  • In medium saucepan mix soup, hot pepper sauce, corn and rice. Over medium heat, heat through, stirring occasionally. Top with cheese, tomato and onion.

Easy Beef and Broccoli

1 can (19 ounces) Campbell's® Campbell's® Chunky™ Old Fashioned Vegetable Beef Soup
1 cup cooked broccoli florets
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups hot cooked rice
Shredded Cheddar cheese
  • In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, combine soup, broccoli, cornstarch and pepper. Over medium heat, cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring often. Serve over rice. Top with cheese.

Chunky Chicken Stir-Fry

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound), cut into strips
1 can (19 ounces) Campbell's® Chunky™ Savory Vegetable Soup
1 cup frozen stir-fry or other mixed vegetable combination, thawed
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 packages (3 ounces each) oriental flavor ramen noodle soup
  • Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry until well browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
  • Stir the vegetable soup, vegetables, soy sauce and cornstarch in the skillet. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
  • Prepare the ramen noodle soup according to the package directions. Drain off the liquid. Serve the chicken mixture over the noodles.
Chunky Chicken and Vegetables

1 can (19 oz.) Campbell's® Chunky™ Hearty Chicken with Vegetables Soup Soup
1/2 cup frozen vegetables (broccoli cuts, cut green beans, peas or corn)
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
2/3 cup uncooked instant white rice
  • MIX soup, vegetables and oregano in saucepan. Heat to a boil.
  • ADD rice. Cover and cook over low heat 5 min. or until done.
Chunky Chicken & Mac

1 can (19 ounces) Campbell's® Campbell's® Chunky™ Chicken Corn Chowder
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
2 cups cooked medium shell-shaped pasta (about 1 1/2 cups dry)
1/2 cup cooked peas
  • In medium saucepan mix soup, cheese, macaroni and peas. Over medium heat, heat through, stirring occasionally.