What preserved goods have you used today?

M

MrsPinecone

And I opened a jar of peach chutney and I have been eating it with a spoon. No crackers or other transport vehicle involved.

M

MrsPinecone

I had the house blessed today and sent my priest home with salsa, cherry vanilla pancake topping, fig port jam and some peach pie filling. He does most of the cooking at his house since his wife works later.

TiggerToo

Mod Of The Month Oct. 2011<br>Has A Heart Of Pure
Trader Group
I will be using a jar of my diced tomatoes tomorrow for dinner. I am going to be taking ground italian sausage, homemade chicken stock, kale, orzo, diced tomatoes and Parmesan cheese!

Gardencook

Trader Group
Still working on the canning I did summer before last. I went wild that year since we had lots of produce available at decent prices. I know this area well enough, to know it wouldn't last and it didn't! :sad3: Produce was sky-high last summer and VERY little of it.

Glazed a turkey meatloaf with some spiced cherry, red onion, balsamic jam the other night and DH went wild for it!

D

deb60

Made pulled pork with BBQ sauce we made and added 3 tablespoons of home made pineapple jam. Oh my it's wonderful.

M

MrsPinecone

Trying to make a dent in my canned fruit. One problem with having the pantry in the basement is "out of sight, out of mind". I don't want peach/apricot/pear/tomato season to roll around again and still have a ton of past years' stuff left!

M

MrsPinecone

We had a snow day today, so I made myself a bloody mary with homemade mix and pickled asparagus. Then I used a jar of diced tomatoes and home canned beans in the soup for dinner.

Gardencook

Trader Group
I thought of you when I saw this recipe [MENTION=9]MrsPinecone[/MENTION]!

I've always envied all those wild garlic scapes you are collecting in your area. We don't have them here. :sad3:

I can think of all sorts of uses if I had access to them, but since I make pesto out of just about any green I can get my hands on, this one caught my eye: Garlic Scape Pesto :giggle2: