Merry Christmas What one gift are you most looking forward to GIVING?

Discussion in 'Happy Holidays' started by froggie3, Dec 9, 2011.

1. cheynesnana

cheynesnana Mod Of The Month March 2009 Trader Group

Merry Christmas to you too Carol!! Your granddaughters are gorgeous btw! :smile7:

Oh she knows Renee... she always says how I manage to find just the right gift for people. Usually she drops some hints during the year but not this year LOL.. I sent her the first three books in a series that looks cute.. then I can buy the other ones later!

2. cheynesnana

PS...I've looked and looked at your settings Renee and can't see anything that would stop you from seeing pics... very strange.

3timesoccermom likes this.
  3. cheynesnana

What wonderful gifts to give!!

4. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original Dinner Guru

If she wants to try this, it's an online library where you can register and read thousands and thousands of books online. I've been looking through it and enjoying viewing some things - some of the books are very old.

https://openlibrary.org/

5. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

Thought I'd resurrect this thread again!!

jastwins likes this.
  6. XUfan

bumping this up again

7. 3timesoccermom

Thanks @XUfan - I had thought about this thread too but wasn't sure it would get any replies this year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

As boring and dull as it sounds - I can't wait to give my youngest her vacuum cleaner. Since she left for school in August she has only had an inexpensive little thing that doesn't pick up nearly as well as the one we have at home and it's driving her nuts. I will also be very happy to get it out of our closet. ;-)

jastwins likes this.
  8. NoHio

NoHio Well-Known Member Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

I don't give many gifts, but my favorite to give was to my brother's dog, Hildi. It was this:
    [​IMG]
    It's made by Kong, and actually pretty tough. She hadn't destroyed it by the time we left on Christmas, anyway. I also gave her some tennis balls and this thing from L.L. Bean that helps you to throw the ball really far. I found that at the thrift store for $.49 and it was new with tags. I wish I could find a picture, but I don't think they carry it anymore.

Found it! It looks like this:
    [​IMG]

jastwins likes this.
  9. XUfan

I hope it gets a lot of replies!

We've really toned it down this year. But, I found a picture frame, shaped like a baseball, that has two openings...one large, and one small. My grandson's team won their fall league championship, and my son was there and took pics. He texted them to me, so I'm going to make copies of them and put the team pic in the big opening, and the pic of him receiving his trophy in the small one. He's going to love it!

Cathy likes this.
  10. 3timesoccermom

It is SO hard to find toys my girls' 2 dogs can't tear up!! I hope the one you got works out to be tough enough @NoHio. That is really cute. Fantastic buy on the ball launcher (or whatever it's called).

Check out this video of an ADORABLE dog that is so excited to fetch he can hardly stand it.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/rescue-dog-crazy-fetch-toy-39898159

11. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

I look forward to giving my older sister an Alex and Ani bracelet. It is the Sister bracelet and she deserves it. She is my best friend and I love her dearly. I hope she likes it, and I think she will.

3timesoccermom likes this.
  12. 3timesoccermom

Update - my youngest was absolutely thrilled to get her vacuum. The other 2 were happy to get theirs too but the youngest hugged me and was incredibly grateful. Not being able to vacuum her place effectively has been driving her nuts since August. ;-)

I'm very happy to have the 3 vacs AND their 3 steam mops OUT of my closet and to take down the note I hung on the door that said "Girls, do not open this door!" :)

13. NoHio

NoHio Well-Known Member Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

Cute!