What can I make with Rotel tomatoes?

3timesoccermom

The Original "Viral" Foodie
Super easy - get a chuck roast and put it in a baking pan (13 x 9 is fine) you have sprayed with no-stick spray.

Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic (lots), chili powder, cumin and cilantro over the top of the roast. Pour the can of Rotel over the seasonings and gently spread with a spoon to cover roast. Slice an onion thickly and place some rings over the top and around the roast. Can do bell peppers too if yall like them.

Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 2 hours. Serve in tortillas with refried or black beans, spanish rice, sour cream, shredded cheese and whatever other goodies you like. Once you've spent the 10 minutes prepping the meat you don't have to do anything til it's ready and it'll be super tender.

S

Smee

I wish I'd seen this a year ago. Oh well, with the recent Super Bowl sales, I figure everyone has probably re-stocked Rotel.

I put Rotel in just about everything. Mac & cheese with Rotel added has become sort of my signature dish. I also add it to just about all my casserole dishes. It's great in beans, and quinoa (or rice) with Rotel is one of our favorite and easiest side dishes. Sometimes I'll toss Rotel with plain pasta for sort of a mock pasta salad. We eat a LOT of Rotel.

N

needtosavenow

Drain about 1/2 the juice and mix with blender and a 8 oz block of cream cheese. Great dip with tortilla chips. You can put in fridge after blended well before serving. :smile:

Abbybob

Trader Group
OMG- what can't you make with it??

I love Ro-tel. We use it in chili, but my mom makes a really good soup with a box of scalloped potatoes and ro-tel tomatoes. You make the box of potatoes on the stove top, and add an extra 1/2 c. of milk, and a cna of Ro-tel tomatoes. It can get a little spicy, so if you like stuff that's not as spicy, use the milder rotel. It's really good with tortilla chips on top and a sprinkle of cheese.

KmmCo

Trader Group
We used it once to spice up some Hobo stew for Scouts and it came out really good.

Hobo stew starts with a couple of pounds of browned ground meat (any kind) - throw in cans of any kind of veggies that the kids bring from home - add a couple of cans of soup for the moisture. (any kind works - I like tomato but you could put cream of chicken, onion, or vegetable soup) Add pasta, rice, or canned beans if you want them. Just heat in a stockpot or dutch oven, season to taste, and eat! This feeds a crowd of 10 -12 hungry campers. Use more meat (and soup cans) for a bigger group - less for just a family meal!

J

JulieDB

Enchilada casserole. Layer corn tortillas, beans, seasoned cooked meat (can leave this out) and cheese. Be sure to have a lot of tomatoes on top. You can also add a layer of strips of bell pepper and onion. Can also add a layer of creamed corn. Bake until hot, bubbly and heated through. If made in a crockpot, do not cook for over 2 hours or your tortillas will dissolve.