What can I make with Rotel tomatoes?

C

cintinative

I need some ideas. I have a bunch of it now. Can I make salsa with it?

Thanks!

N

nrpeace17

You can mix it with Velveeta cheese to make your own queso dip.

Go to RecipeZaar and type in Rotel, there are salsa recipes, too. This is a great site to use if you want to find good recipes.

C

cupunlvr

Cowboy spaghetti! Add cooked al dente spaghetti to large casserole dish along with a can of Rotel, a can of cream of chicken soup, shredded chicken and top with shredded cheese of your choice, cheddar or colby jack is good!

can add chicken broth is you think it needs more liquid, layer the cheese all over the spaghetti so it doesn't dry out in the oven

cook at 350 for about 20-30 minutes, until bubbly and cheese starting to brown on top

adapted from recipe on Pioneer Woman Cooks blog, she adds chopped peppers which gave me the idea to try Rotel

C

cintinative

cupunlvr, I just saw something about her in a magazine! How weird!!

C

cupunlvr

cupunlvr, I just saw something about her in a magazine! How weird!!

Visit her blog is you haven't before. She has some great recipes! Any that I have tried on my family have been a hit. Her recipes are simple and easy to follow but always good.

thought of two more ways I have used Rotel-- have added to veg beef soup and lentil soup to spice things up :wink7:

kremsh

Krem Pit
Trader Group
I use it for chicken spaghetti, taco soup, king ranch chicken, jambalaya (recipe is in Xufan's thread), I've got a chicken and rice recipe too that I can't find at the moment....you can add it to pretty much anything!

L

Lady Margaret

I think there's a recipe for salsa on the can. Uses black beans, corn, red onion, cilantro. It's delicious! Eat within a few days of preparing though. It doesn't keep very long (4-5 days?)

C

cbms

I use them for a few of the above, and I also make chicken quesadillas with them.

For those, it's half an onion, sauteed, a couple cans of chicken (or meat from a couple roasted breasts, peeled off the bone), a can of rotel tomatoes with chilies (drained), and some taco seasoning. I cook that so that the chicken shreds nicely, put some cheese on a tortilla, add the filling, a little more cheese, top with another tortilla, and then place in a skillet until it's slightly browned and melty. :) They're really yummy.

T

terrortoys

we had chili cheese chips with some for Super Bowl.. we cooked 1 lb of ground beef, added a can of beans and 2 cans rotel then put cheese on top till melted then topped tortilla chips and added lettuce and sour cream.. Yummy!!

C

cupunlvr

made crock pot lentil soup today, added a can of original Rotel and a can of plain diced tomatoes, very good, spiced it up but not too much

M

maguirre1845

I love this reciepe. boil and cook kielbasa slice and mix with rotel and let simmer for 10 mins and pour over brown or white rice.

J

jennifermevans

If you are a "crockpotter", I put a can of of the rotel w/ onions and garlic, anda little water in the bottom of my crockpot then put a beef roast (seared and seasoned) on top and cooked on low for 8 hours. They made a yummy sauce that even my 2 year old ate!

M

Mama Stu

I make a stuffed green pepper soup, with green peppers, ground beef, rice , rotel tomatoes, and tomato sauce or tomato juice. I also use it in a spicy vegetable soup

S

sns4063

I always use rotel (well, the store version anyway) in my chili. King Ranch chicken is also very good! I made chicken fajitas the other night. I had picante in the house, but if I hadn't, I would have used rotel on the chicken while it was baking for some bite!

K

katncaed

This stuff rocks so freakin' hard...and it's super easy. You can also make it in a crock pot for parties and such.

1lb Ground Beef
1lb Velveeta - cubed
1 can Rotel

Cook the ground beef, drain the fat, add Velveeta & Rotel, stir occasionally.