What are you getting Cheap or FREE (yes, especially that!) in October?!

Discussion in 'Living The Frugal Life' started by jastwins, Oct 2, 2017.

1. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

Ah, it is finally Fall and I know there are great deals out there. May your deals be as many as the leaves that fall off the trees. Let's hear all about it, Ladies and I cannot wait to start this thread off today.

2. jastwins

Tonight was one of this rare shopping trips where the deals were plentiful and my online rebates were great. All but one of my coupons went through and the one that beeped was entered manually by the store manager.

AT CVS, they had some notebooks and pens for 90% off so I bought 7 notebooks for .39 cents each and a 10 pack of black pens for .55 cents. Whether my girls use them or I donate them to my school, it was too good a deal to pass up.
    In the skincare aisle, I found Skinfix nourishing cream on 75% clearance price at $6.74. This store puts out on a table coupons for make up and skin care and they still had a cvs mfg coupon for $4 off 1 Skinfix skin care item. When I got home, there was a $2 rebate on ckout 51. So, this $26.99 skin care product cost me .74 cents!
    The make up aisle had a deal on Maybelline mascara and the red machine spit out 2 great coupons. It gave me $4 off Maybelline or Revlon and $3/12 any makeup purchase. From this weekend's circular, I cut out 2 $3 coupons off 1 Maybelline Colassal mascara. Savingstar had a $3 rebate and I received $5 ecr for spending $15 on Maybelline. This deal was a $5 MM.
    Two Gliss shampoo and conditioners were on sale 2/$11. I had a $5 coupon and SAvingstar had a $5 rebate making it $1 for 2. I also have a MIR for 1 Gliss product.
    Four Progresso soups were $5 and I used 2 $1/2 coupons. Three of the cans had 5 BTFE 's on them and I will also get $1 back from SAving star. The cost came out to .50 cents a can.
    Two Prego 24 oz jar sauce were $3. I had a $1 off one Prego for each bottle, so it came to .50 a jar.
    I bought 3 Tic Tac mints that were $1.79 each and they were on sale, buy 2 get 1 free. I used 2 .50 cent coupons and the 3 mints plus my any item rebate (total $1) put me over the $20 threshold for a payout. Finally, I got it right!
    Two Renuzits were free with a coupon from this Sunday's paper. There was also a $2.20 online rebate from Savingstar, making it $1.36 for 6.
    One of my Nv granola bars was .49 cents with coupons and SAvingstar rebate.
    Pepperidge farm bread was $2.29 with in store sale and $1 coupon.
    One Colgate toothbrush came to .99 cents after $1 coupon and $2 ecr back.
    One SAuvitel fabric softener was $1 after sale and coupon.
    2 packs of gum were $2 and Goya beans were .88 cents. I bought the wrong one for the SS rebate.

I used a $25 gc, $3 beauty bucks, $6 quarterly ecr and coupons to pay only $15.95 OOP for 40 items. I also received $7 in ecr.
    My online rebates were as follows :
    Ibotta $1 ( I can now cash out for $20 to my paypal.)
    Checkout 51 $2
    SAvingStar $11.20

Total was $14.20 in rebates plus my $20 cashout. I hope I can have more trips like this.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  3. Green is Gold

Green is Gold Member of the Month June 2012 <br>Queen Of The Cir Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

Husband is working out of town for a couple weeks.
    I had a productive week.
    All Giant Eagle so far (I need to get to Wags before the end of the week...;))

Twice I did a Gain P&G $5 oyno deal.
    I ended up with (1) liquid laundry soap, (1) dryer sheets and (4) Fireworks.
    Each time I paid $5.97 for 3 items and got back $5 oyno
    (10) packs of sugardale hotdogs .29 each
    (4) Suave Men's shampoo FREE
    (4) Suave body wash FREE
    (1) Dannon light and fit zero yogurt FREE
    (10) Angel soft double roll 4 pks for .67 each reg price $2.50
    (1) Ore Ida frozen mashed potatoes $1.50 rg price $4.50 so I was willing to try it.
    (5) Cheese stuffed super pretzels .75 a box reg price $3.48 each
    I needed to use up a RC...so I picked up (10) Tide Simply for .70 a bottle. :D

I also picked up 2 free samples of Carnation instant breakfast that had $2 coupons and 2 free samples of Eucerin and aquaphor from the Dr office and got 3 small bags of flavored coffee and a coupon from Dunkin Donuts in the mail today.

OH! I forgot that I got a FREE Magic Eraser from the Freeosk!:)

Sherri1480, jcdamomma and jastwins like this.
  4. vickib50

vickib50 Well-Known Member Trader Group

Received 3 small bags of Dunkin Donuts coffee in the mail. Not flavors I'll ever brew!

5. Green is Gold

Green is Gold Member of the Month June 2012 <br>Queen Of The Cir Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

Haha! Yep! Me neither! Yuck! But someone in this house will drink it, guaranteed! LOL! :D

Sherri1480 likes this.
  6. vickib50

Ore Ida frozen mashed potatoes $1.50 rg price $4.50 so I was willing to try it.

@Green is Gold, are you kidding?!! That's what frozen mashed potatoes cost? What are they made of, 24k gold potatoes?

7. Green is Gold

Yep! They're $4.49 for a 22 oz container.
    Bob Evans is $3.99 for roughly the same sized container and they're not frozen.
    I do buy those as well, when I can get them for right around the same price as I paid for the frozen ones.
    I'd never pay full price for them!
    I'm running kids to and from practices from 3 to 8 about 4 days a week and then have 2 softball games on Saturday and a football game on Sunday.
    Easy is what works for me most days!

Sherri1480 likes this.
  8. Green is Gold

Yesterday, after dropping the girls off at a HS football game...
    I picked up (from Wags):
    (6) Glow in the dark, fun sized bags of M&M's for $1.33 each
    (4) Scunci hair tie packs for .99 each, I bought the bonus packs that had things like an extra fancy glitter hair tie or a pretty hair tie organizer lol (These are usually $4 a pack and with no coupon, this is a black friday price!)
    I bought (2) Dawn for .75 because I need Dawn and my buy price is .50 or less but I needed it!

Then I went to Giant Eagle and bought:
    (3) Lipton 23 oz flavored iced teas for 78 cents (one was the free item of the week 2 I had coupons for the other 2 making them .39 each)
    (2) Oral B toothbrushes for .50 each cuz I need toothbrushes and can't wait for free
    I also picked up a small box of tampons, a gallon of milk and a land o lakes butter for under $2.50 oop by using a $5 oyno

9. vickib50

I just checked my Publix digital coupons. There's several (4-5) free items. That is highly unusual for this store chain. I've loaded them all. Most are yogurt. I don't eat that. Might be good for me! I'm sure I can pawn them off on some unsuspecting soul, though.

10. vickib50

Publix: Got a $50 Shell gas card for $40.

Got $55.83 groceries for $34.34, then, found two errors and got $6.08 refund. Best deal, I think, was Lavazza coffee for $2 a bag (got 2) and I think there is a rebate on an app. Haven't even gotten that far yet.

Checked my receipt. There were two errors. Went back and was refunded $6.08. Then, found a couple other deals, got $5.74 groceries for $1.10 at Publix, different store.

Dollar Tree I found 4 boxes of Tetley tea bags and had 4 $1 coupons for ZERO OOP. My kind of price.

Total today:

Grocery total: $65.57
    Total OOP: $29.36

Rebate apps: $3.25
    Also some Fetch points, receipt hog points.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  11. iwik

iwik Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

There's a new $10/2 Cat on ROC products, most are $20+ but Walgreens had the Daily Resurfacing Disks tubs $10.99 regular price (or $11.79 depending on local pricing), also a $3/1 coupon in their monthly booklet. And I had an insert
    $2.00/1 RoC Anti-Aging Product, Any (Excludes Trial Size; No More Than 4 Coupons for the Same Product in the Same Transaction) - RP 09-10-17, exp. 10/10/17
    only mine was $3/1, so total of $6 off each one, so $4.99 each.
    Combined it with a bonus points deal, and counts towards Beauty Enthusiast bonus points. No cleanser tubes around here any more, so IDK if they work for the Cat.
    Did get the $10 OYNO with 2 of the Daily Resurfacing Disks.

12. vickib50

Publix: Keebler Club Crackers, $3.65, BOGO, used (2) $1 cpns then used $1 off cheese or meat wyb 2 boxes of them. Had a $1 cpn on Justin's nut butter, any item, found a $1 pouch of vanilla almond butter.

13. jastwins

Tonight, D2 and I went shopping and were able to get a few free items. At King Kullen, I used a coupon to get a free box of Yogi Ginger tea and paid .09 cents each for 2 12 oz cans of Contadina tomato paste. I used 2 $1.00 coupons that were doubled and paid .79 cents a box for 2 Barilla Collezione pasta.

At STaples, I need a large roll of tape and found 3M moving tape with the handle dispenser marked down to $5 . I had a Staples email mystery coupon and bought one, but my coupon was for $10 so I took another 3 M moving tape. I did not have to pay tax, so both were totally free.

D2 took the coupons I received in the Mail for Victoria Secret and used 1 coupon for a free panty and $10 off to get 6 for $18.

At CVS, I found another Skinfix face cream on clearance for $6.74, used a $4 coupon and received $2 back from Ckout 51, making it .74. I used coupons, beauty bucks, ecr and 2 gcs to pay $1.56 for 27 items and received back $2 in ecr.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  14. mtka

mtka Well-Known Member Trader Group

Walgreens: one free Oreo candy bar and a free Clear Eyes after coupon, wags coupon, and Ibotta. Made my bonus and got an extra $3.

15. vickib50

Someone gave me more than 2 dozen ripe tomatoes this morning!

16. jastwins

Today I shopped at several stores and was able to some good deals. First, I stopped at Walmart and remembered to bring my walmart gc for $3.39. I used coupons and online rebates to get one free package of Kotex U pads. Plastic folders were .10 each and I picked up 17 of them. Other items I bought got me back $6.95 from Ibottta and I hope $3 from SAvingstar with my Bush's chili beans purchase. My OOP was $17 and change so i hope my rebates can bring that total down almost $10. Update: I did get the $3 from SavingStar!

At Kohls, I found a shirt, a bra and d3 found a vest and used a 30% coupon plus a $5 kohls reward. At Famous footwear, D3 used my $5 rewards certificate and bought White Mountain lace up booties for $10.46 (on clearance).
    My last stop was CVS. So glad I check the mail before we left home. Thank you @ @XUfan for the nice surprise. It made my CVS trip go great and my cashier remarked on what a nice GC I had. Seems that people do not use the cards much anymore, and the email gcs are becoming more popular. My frees are CVS included
    1 Nature's Bounty Vitamin and 1 Cvs vitamin bottle. Both were B1G1 and I used 2 $2 CVs q's plus 2 mfg coupons for $1. D2 needed the vitamins to take to school. Also free with coupon and online rebate were another pack of Kotex U sports pads. A bottle of L'oreal shampoo was $.75 after coupon, 25% off , $2 coupon and Ibotta rebate. I found another Skinfix face cream on clearance (but not marked) for $6.74, used the $4 cvs coupon and got my 3rd and final $2 rebate from ck out 51 making it .74 cents. I also used $2 ecr, another gc and was happy with my total. I tried to get 2 bonuses from Ibotta but Lara bars are not Luna bars as I sadly learned. :( One day I will get these rebates all done correctly.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  17. vickib50

Winn-Dixie: Digital coupon for free Arla cream cheese $2.99. Other than that deal, $14.35 coupons on about $46 grocery purchase. Bought (6) boxes of BC potatoes $1 ea and used (2) $1 coupons. Cheap potato casseroles.

18. Green is Gold

I bought (5) Herbal Essences and (5) Aussie for $1 each + tax at Giant Eagle.
    On sale 2/$6, buy 5 save $5 instantly, used the $3/3 & $2/2 inserts.
    (4) shampoo, (4) conditioner and (2) hairspray.
    (I was very low! Using my last shampoo and only had 1 conditioner in reserve.)
    I have coupons to do that deal 2 more times.

Also picked up the offer of the week, a Reach toothbrush for .49, just because I'm low.
    It came with a free cap.

19. Jorainna

Jorainna Active Member Trader Group

I've got a few good deals here and there, so far this month.

I have gotten 4 jars of Barilla Pesto free from Dollar Tree with the $1/1 insert coupons.

I did the Scott toilet paper mPerk deal from Meijer where there was a $3 mPerk and the catalina spits out a $2 coupon right as you ring it up, to where you could use it on that order right then. It was on sale for $4.99 - a totally free 12 roll pack!

I also got 8 Nestle flavored water 6-packs for .50 each from Meijer on the $1 sale last week, from where I had traded for the coupons. They looked like the kind of coupons that the sample stations hand out in the stores. (One of my better trading finds!)

Then this morning I found out that I won a 2# bag of bird seed from Wild Bird Unlimited by playing their Tuesday trivia game!

jcdamomma and jastwins like this.
  20. jastwins

Yesterday I input 5 Coke 12 pk codes and earned a $25 shutterfly credit. Today, Kelloggs sent me a code for free labels and I added that to my account too. When I receive my free shipping code, I will make sure to order all my free stuff and not have to pay shipping on each item.

jcdamomma and Jorainna like this.