What are you getting Cheap or FREE in September 2021?

M_Lexx

Trader Group
My best deal today was Bic Soleil 3 ct. - 4 blade razor at my s-daughter's Swagbucks account and I got back 10% too, and I won 2,000 points from ReceiptHog (~$11), my biggest win ever. The local Goodwill had 'green' tag clothing half price this week and I scored some wonderful dress shirts for DH and a gigantic merino sweater to be taken apart for yarn, total $7.50 with some change to round up to the nearest dollar. The local Food Lion had some Cafe Bustelo espresso bricks on clearance for $2.79 and I had $1/1 so that one was great, I love a cafecito in the early afternoon, and they also had split chicken breast @ $0.99/lb, so I got about 4 pounds of that as the s-daughter loves my chicken cutlets and I'm more than happy to oblige and treat the kid to the best I can.

If anyone remembers I had an issue with Hefty trash bags (Blackout, Clean Burst 80 ct) and Reynolds company sent me two wonderful $12/1 large pack of trash bags q's, so I went pricing those in our town. No luck, will have to do it next time we are in any of the big cities (> 5,000), not worried much about it though as the worst case scenario I'll have to pay $0.98 for a pack of 80.

Last edited:

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
An app I use once in a while is checkout 51, This app reloads every Thursday and sometimes offers videos or surveys for extra pennies, or in yesterday's case .25 cents each. Of course, I forgot to check yesterday and missed out. My loss. Offers on the app can run out so shop earlier in the cycle to get your money back. REcently, they had an offer to unlock 3 items if you downloaded Receipt Hog and since I already have it download, I cannot participate nor unlock the offers. :mad: The offer has been up a couple of weeks,so I have missed out on at least $3.
Checkout 51 offers money back for certain gas purchases and online purchases at specific stores. Your cash out level is $20 and you can opt for paypal. This app has no referral link.

jastwins

Trader Group
Yesterday, I stopped at CVS on my way to my mom's house. From my last purchase, I had $18 in extra bucks and I was able to print our a $10 cvs gc from Onevoice panel.
I bought 4 sodas, on sale 2 for $3.50,
Neosporin cream, $8.79.
Just the basics water 24 pack, $2.99,
4 Suave shampoo/conditioners on sale 2 for $6, I had $2 and $1 coupon, buy 3 get $3 extra bucks.
2 Loreal ever curl conditioner, on clearance for $5.39 each and I had a coupon for each.
2 L'oreal elvive shampoo/conditioners were 2 for $8 , get $3 extra bucks and i used a $3 mfg coupon and $3 digital coupon.
Zyrtec face wipes were on sale for $5.99 and I used a $3 mfg coupon.
2 POst cereals were $1.99 each and 2 trident gums were $2 and you get $1 ecr
I used $18.69 extra bucks, 32% off coupon took off $1.76, $8/$40 purchase digital coupon, 6 other coupons and my $10 gc.
My OOP was $15.20 for 24 items.
I received $7 in extra bucks for my purchases.
The twins were at my mom's house yesterday and they each took a shampoo and conditioner. ;);)

Today, I used my extra bucks to buy Lipton tea, on sale 2/$6 and I gave one box to my mom. I also bought a $2 newspapers, 2 packs of gum and chapstick. I used a .40 cent digital coupon and .40 cent mfg coupon for the Lipton teas. A $1 digital coupon came off for the gum, so one of them was free. I also used a $7.40 extra bucks from my last purchase. My OOP with tax was $3.04.

In the mail that I did not get to pick up on Saturday, I should find 2 SBKC visa cards, one for last month and another I misplaced around the time my dad passed away. I asked for a replacement since they saw it was not used. With the $40, I may use it to shop this week since a new Lidl opened up near my old house and I have a $10 / $40 coupon from a circular. Just have to plan my purchases carefully.

jastwins

Trader Group
Tada is the shopping app connected to Swagbucks. When it works, it's great and when it doesn't, good luck trying to get a credit. Always put your receipt under review & check off what items you believed were missed if you do not get the proper credit. What I learned works best for me to to have a small receipt and a ledgible receipt. If you can separate out your TaDA purchases on one receipt, just do it.
Tada can be store specific so carefully plan your shopping trips. If you click on the item, it will give you a list of what places you can purchase and get credit for the item. Sometimes you can only buy an item at Walmart. Other times it can only be purchased at TArget or Walgreens. Read the offers and note the number of items you need to buy for the proper credit. What sounds like a good deal may not be a good enough deal it you have to buy 3 or 5 of an item. Some offers are good for a week and others give you a month to purchase it.
Tada credits immediately when it works. Plan your purchases if the offer is date specific or if you are in a team challenge or swago board, save a receipt to get points for you and/or your team.
Other challenges I faced with Tada are finding the exact item in the store. Some new items take a while to reach different locations. Other times, it is such a good deal that the itme is sold out. If you shop, I find that using coupons can sometimes cause a deal not to credit. Once I had a buy one get one free and I had bought 2 but only was credited for one. I should not have used the coupon and just gotten the points. When I shop at CVs, using extra bucks can make an item free and you many not get credit for that purchase. Other small incentives include a boost item. You get a couple of points for scanning an item at a store. You can also upload online receipts within 10 days if you meet the requirement for points. Check the app for stores (at least 30 + stores) where you can get credit for e receipts.
Bottom line is if you have the time, try this app. Use your swagbucks email and your account wil be credited. You must download it from the app store.

jastwins

Trader Group
Yesterday, I received my free brand new bamboozle composter and it arrived with a cracked cover. It was in a cardboard box and the small nob on top had a cardboard piece around it. However, during shipment, the box must have had stuff piled on top of it causing it to crack and it is not fixable. I decided to use the bottom part to hold my bag of rice and it comes with a handle so it is easy to carry. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.
For my purposes, I will get more use out of it as a storage container than as a composter.

jastwins

Trader Group
Another App I downloaded to my phone is the Coupons.com app. They have upgraded this app and it works well if you follow the rules. Check your app each week for new coupons that you have to tap on to add to your list. Always do this before you shop. The app lets you select certain stores such as Walmart, CVS, Target, Dollar General, Pulblix, Kroger, Walgreens and ShopRite. Submit your receipt if you purchased the item and did not use an instore mfg coupon. If you shopped somewhere else you can enter the store name in the space to see if it works for you.
The app has made it even easier to save and you can link your store card (from over 50 different stores) and I can vouch that it does work for my Shop rite card. My payment goes directly to my paypal account. It takes a little effort but worth it if you plan on buying the listed products. Uploading your loyalty card number will make shopping and saving even easier!

Last edited:

jastwins

Trader Group
I had credits from my 1 Q app, Pogo app and a settlement credit to my paypal account. I finally cashed out for my $25 gc on SB using only 2100 points due a 100 point challenge win. I selected a Children's place gift card and orderd a jacket, shirt and leggings for my cousin's daughter. The gift card and my paypal balance covered the cost and shipping was free. I went through SB to get 5 points on every dollar spent.

Earlier this week I received a free flu shot at my school.

Some great finds at 2 yard sales included a new 2' x 6' runner for my foyer, 2 plastic storage bins, 1 collectors dollar bill in a plastic case I gave to my bank coworker, a pair of socks, a plant stand, tape and a book on how to fold dollar bills into shapes that came with a dollar bill (cost a $1 so it was free?!) all for $8. The view at one house was spectacular so that was priceless and worth it for me just to visit and is located 1/4 of a mile from me.
At the diner, the waitress let me have the coupons from the big Sunday paper.

Last edited:

mtka

Trader Group
I got a 40% off Kohl's coupon yesterday and bought a pair of Skechers and some Hallmark ornaments. My mom gives my brother 3 ornaments every year. It was a bit early to buy, but one of them is already sold out on Kohl's. We are going with the if you see it get it, or it will be gone mantra for Christmas. I got a $25 gc from SB on discount, and had 2 random gcs that were lying around so it cost me around $10 for everything and it will make my mom and brother happy.

jastwins

Trader Group
An app I use weekly is Receipt Hog. It allows you to upload receipts from most stores you shop at regularly. The amount of the receipt gets you coins (determined by what you spent) or spins (possibility of winning coins). AT the 1000 point level, you can cash out for $5. ( amazon, visa or paypal). Higher payout levels are available for more coins.
Just today, the app has a new feature where you can upload online receipt. They will give you 36 coins for signing up and 20 points for each e receipt. It is only taking gmail and yahoo emails but will add more in the future. You can also link account from a list of stores provided and this list should grow in the future.

Receipt hog will give you bonus coins or spins by sending a survey or by the length of time you are a member. It is easy to download this app and upload receipts. Keep in mind that there is a limit of 20 receipts in a week that can be uploaded. If you participate weekly, you will get extra spins each week. The app lists the date ranges for the credits. Keep receipts in order and upload the highest amounts first to get the most points.

My referral code is grom1341.

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
At Marshall’s I picked up 2 packs of baby socks on clearance for $1 each.
I did not realize how expensive baby socks are regularly. DGD has already grown out of all her socks...she’s going to have big feet like her momma.

Yesterday at a few yard sales I found some tops, leggings, onesies,pull over bibs in the next size up for baby for .50 each.(some with the tags on).
I also found a few pj sets for $1 & a jacket for $2.
I picked up a plant stand and 2 outdoor light stakes for $5.
I picked up a bag of books at the book sale for $4.
(It was all you can place in a plastic grocery bag for $4).

jastwins

Trader Group
Yesterday, I received a 1500 point credit from Swagbucks for participating in a REmesh session while I was on my lunch break at the bank. Cannot believe it worked and was relieved it only took 9 days to credit. I also took advantage of "skip the wait" (a sapphire level member perk)
and was credited 196 points today for my Children's place purchase from the other day.

Swagbucks is a phone app and can also be done on your computer. I have used it for years and have a love/ hate relationship with them. I used to be great at doing surveys to earn points but recently find it more difficult to complete surveys, let alone, qualify for them. My age has something to do with it. It is almost easier to shop and get points than go through the trouble of a survey and get kicked out due to the quota being filled. You may find it easier to work on SB in the earlier morning hours since not so many people will be online at those times.

Swagbucks has cracked down on people taking advantage of the system and you can see by the points earned on the challenges that they are on to the gimmicks that people use. If you let the videos run as a way to earn points, they will disable them during a challenge. Your bank info for purchases must match the informaiton you have on file. I used to use some apps on my Iphone, but now, the I phone operating system no longer supports it. However, if you have an android phone, you have all kinds of new ways to earn points.
Some shopping deals may take months and others take days depending on the level you are according to the lifetime total of points earned. As a sapphire level member (444,601 points) I get 2 hours extra for a swag code. I can get faster credits for 3 shopping trips per month and I can get real time shipemnt of 5 gift cards when I cash out my sb points.
Other apps you can load on your phone besides swagbucks include the Answer app and Tada shopping app. Answer app gives you access to more surveys and you can use if for swagcodes. Other apps include SBLive, you answer questions to earn points and Swaggit, watching other members video posts. The tada shopping app was discussed earlier in this thread. Always look through it for some really good deals. Again, I always emphasize, do swagbucks if you have the time. It is great to do for an extra gift card each month but you do not make enough for it to become so time consuming. All apps can be found in the App store.

My referral link is: https://www.swagbucks.com/profile/jastwins

If you get people to sign up under your link you earn 10% of their earnings.

jastwins

Trader Group
I went off-island and tried to get some good deals. Some worked and one did not. At CVS, the shelves were a little bare and I was able to find 2 toothpastes, Colgate Max FResh 6 oz and they were free with a digital coupon on my card. In the same order, I purchased 4 small boxes of Lorna Doone cookies for $1 each, Cheezits were 2/$4 for the 7 oz box. Two Garnier whole blends (with 20 % more) shampoo and conditioner were 2/$7 get $3 extra bucks. The red machine was not working correctly....very annoying and I had to send my extra bucks to my card.
I used $6.06 in extra bucks, $2 off Garnier whole blends, $7.98 off 2 Colgate and my OOP for 10 items with tax was $8.03 and received $3 ecr.

At a King Kullen store, I purchased 5 cans of Redpack crushed tomatoes on sale for $1 each and used a $1 coupon that was doubled. They had Buitoni pasta on sale for $3.19 and I used a $1 coupon that doubled. Ronzoni pasta was on sale for .79 cents a box, limit 3 , Premio sausauge was $2.99 a pack and I took 2. Zucchini and red peppers were on sale for $1.00 per pound. I paid $15.03 for 13 items after double coupons

At a second CVS, I found the paper towels I wanted to buy, 12 Scott paper towels for $10.49 and I bought 2 Love Beauty Planet shampoo and conditioner. I used a b1g1 coupon from a Sunday circular for the shampoo and conditioner. However, the cashier put a 32 % coupon on this order and I did not get my spend 20 get 10 extra bucks like I had planned. After paying, I questioned it and wanted to return the items but the cashier said he would give me a $10 credit on my card. I do not think he did the right thing (he just scanned my card) and did not give me a receipt. I will check my account tomorrow and give customer service a call if it does not show up. I used a $20 gc to pay for the order so nothing OOP.

I went to a new LIdl by my old house and was not impressed. I cannot get used to this way of shopping and had trouble finding specific things I needed. In the end, I found the last 12 pack of 1000 sheet roll tp but it was open, I over paid for hellmans mayo, I picked up 2 bottles of garlic powder vinegar, chicken broth snacks, and bought lots of frozen items, including meals, veggies and breakfast items. Great deals on milk and eggs. I could not find a yogurt I liked and could not find the hummus. It was not that crowded and this store was just not organized well with certain items to be put on shelves blocked your access to the what you wanted. Even another customer said how hard it was to shop there since we were unfamiliar with the store layout. My total was $49.53 and I used a $10 off $30 coupon and second $20 visa card. I used my debit card to pay the remaining $19.53
for 22 items.
I used my Mcdonalds app to get free fries with my meal. My receipts were uploaded to receipt hog, receipt pal and Fetch. I will check my other apps to see if my purchases can earn me some cash back.