What are you getting Cheap or FREE in September 2021?

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
August was a tough month for me personally and I am happy it is over. Looking for a new start this month and trying to move forward one day at a time. My 3 girls are out of the house and my dad passed away in August....so much change in a short amount of time. It got me thinking that dying is as expensive as living. My mom and dad always saved so planning his funeral went smoothly. It was a beautiful wake and service that honored a sweet kind man. This got me thinking and I know that Crankie and I do not have a will. We could get a will done for free by his union, but is it done.....NO. Heck, I do not know where we would be buried. All this takes planning and money. My dad was a hard worker and loved his family, historical things, coins, stamps and a good yard sale. He always got a deal. I still use the complete set of T-fal pots and pans he got me for $15 at a yard sale. Let me know if you have plans made for the END and where you think your final resting place will be. The cemeteries are running out of room, so my mom and dad's final resting place is a wall in a lovely place in NJ. That is the trend now.

I will be revisiting some of the apps I use and tell you about some new ones. Here are some ideas of great buys for the month of September.

As always, I look forward to reading about any and all deals. Happy Shopping and let me know if you get any good yard sale deals. I think we had a thread about those with pics to post.

jastwins

Trader Group
Today, an email brought a gift for Rosie's birthday on 9/16/21. Petco always give a free pound of dog treats from the biscuit bar in the store. While at Petco, I paid with an amex gift card for a small bag of food, but there was no clearance dog food and the cheapest 5 lb bag was $9.99.

I stopped at WAlgreens to pick up D2's free prescription that I now have to pay to mail to her. :rolleyes:

At TJ Maxx, I was not thrilled with the lack of clearance but did find a set of measuring cups and spoons for $3.

My next stop was CVS and d3 had texted me earlier that she used my cvs card number and some coupons. Luckily, I decided not to get what she had purchased and stuck to my toothpaste scenario. It was disappointing to see the shelves kind of empty and not well stocked, so I had to rework some deals. CVS had sent me digital coupons and I checked the facebook page to see if there were any problems with the deals. I bought 4 colgate toothpastes to get $7.98 off 2 and $3 and $2 digital q's off colgate, and earned $3 EB. I bought 2 Oral B toothbruses and a Crest toothpaste , all on sale for $3.99 each that got me $5 digital coupon off and $5 back in EB. I also purchased 1 Scope mw on sale for $4.99 and received $2 eb back. Another digital coupon for $8/$40 came off and I used $5 eb from my last purchase. I paid $8.19 plus $2.68 in tax ($10.88) with an amex gc given to my last month. I got back $10 in extra bucks!
For my next transaction, I was happy to see they had Bumblebee solid tuna on sale for .99 cents a can and I picked up 5. Lays chips were b1g1, chips ahoy were 2/$6, they had one box of Kelloggs blueberry bars for $1.99, and 2 Snickers bars were 2/$2. My only coupon was .75 off 2 snickers and I used my $10 extra bucks. My gift card had $3.27 left on it and my OOP was $4.88. I got back .85 cents from Ibotta for the tuna and any receipt. A second coupon would not come off the snickers so I had them taken off and purchased them separately using a .50 cent coupon and paid $1.68 for both.
On my way home, I used my points on my McDonalds app to order a free Quarter pounder and ordered small fries, a soda and $1 chicken nuggets. My OOP was under $5.

Gardencook

Trader Group
We got a free bottle of hand sanitizer today, but the store was out of the free hand sanitizer wipes and was out of the free oat milk yogurt for the second week in a row. They also gave me a coupon for a free Coke with Coffee yesterday, but the coupon was apparently good for one day only. We weren't going to race across town for a free Coke, so we simply let the coupon expire.

jastwins

Trader Group
Last night I spied a set of black Corningware at a tag sale posted on Facebook and was hoping to get it this morning. Yep 2 of the 3 pieces were still available and I paid $10 for a quiche dish (mine is chipped) and a 1 qt serving dish to replace what I broke 3 years ago. Corningware made this in the late 80’s and I remember paying $39.99 plus tax at K mart for a 5 piece set. Loved it and it is considered a collector s item on eBay. 6C1CE0DC-D59E-482F-B295-5024463D0488.jpeg

jastwins

Trader Group
D1 is using her college ID to go to the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) in Manhattan for free. I just wish I could join her.

On Amazon, I ordered a large bottle of Vitafusion gummy vitamins and received a 40% discount for signing up for subscribe and save ($5.99) You can choose how often you want to receive them and I selected the 6 month interval. My other item was a 2 pak of Swiffer wet jet Gain scented liquid and the total was $16.43 with tax, all covered by my amazon giftcards and delivery is free.

Fillies Fan

International Man of Mystery!
Trader Group
I received a notice yesterday that I have to pay for my annual auto registration. Generally, considering the size and age of my car, the cost would be somewhere around $460. However, as I have a handicapped parking permit I get a reduction. I now have to pay 26 shekels, which converts to US $8.11. I can afford the $8 but will have to scrounge around for the 11 cents.

Fillies Fan

International Man of Mystery!
Trader Group
@jastwins,

I wish you a Shana Tova as well. I have to tell you, however, that this will not be a good (tova) month in Israel. Every year, it is the same story: beginning several days before Rosh HaShanah, it is close to impossible to get anything from the government and from most large corporations as well. This is true even though they will be fully staffed for most of the month. Their employees simply feel that they shouldn't have to do any work and when you request something, you are told: "after the holidays". The holidays start at sundown tonight and then have the following schedule:

9/7 and 9/8: Rosh HaShanah
9/9 Fast of Gedalia
9/15: Yom Kippur Eve
9/16: Yom Kippur
9/20: Succot Eve
9/21-9/26: Succot
9/27: Hosahana Rabba
9/28: Shemini Atzeret
9/29: Simhat Torah

In addition, 9/4, 9/11, 9/18. and 9/25 are all Saturdays, and whether they are holidays or not, Saturdays begin on sundown on Friday and everything is closed. I've already stacked up with enough cigarettes to last me through the end of the month. Even if shops are open on many of these days, they will run out of cigarettes (and many other products) because when they order them their suppliers will tell them there will be no deliveries until "after the holidays".

Gardencook

Trader Group
We made one last try for the freebies at the store across town today.

The past two trips they haven't had the oat milk yogurt that they offered me a free coupon for two weeks ago. Today they finally had it in stock.

They were also out of the free 80-pack of hand sanitizer wipes the other day, but had them in stock today. Those retail for $4.99 a pack.

The trip turned out pretty valuable because when I picked up a couple boxes of Triscuits on a digital deal for $1.49 each I noticed that whole wheat Ritz crackers were on a buy five mega sale for $1.99 and I had a digital coupon good to save $2.00 on two.

We also had an insert coupon good for $1.75 off three zero sugar yogurts which were on the mega sale for 88 cents. We bought two boxes of Ritz for 99 cents each and three yogurts for 89 cents total for all three -- making them a tiny bit less than 30 cents each.

We would have missed all those deals had we not made the trek.

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
Yesterday I went to dollar general for their 2 day sale.
It was the last day & it was late afternoon - so I had little luck.
I did pick up up 3=boxes of Ritz cheese crispers for for free.
They were on sale 3 for $3 & I had 3 -$1/1 coupons.
I found some cans of energy tea for 90% off....paid .15 per can.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Got a check from the state in the mail today. In one of those all-too-rare instances, the governor declared that the state had collected a revenue surplus and instead of finding somewhere to waste it, the money was given back to the taxpayers. Everyone who paid taxes in 2019 or 2020 was given $50 -- so $100 total for the both of us. Not exactly a fortune and technically it isn't "free" money, since we already paid it into taxes in order to qualify, but a nice bonus anyway -- and we didn't have to fill out any forms to get it. It was automatically sent to anyone who filed taxes and hadn't moved since then.

jastwins

Trader Group
I woke up too early this morning (4:10 am ) thanks to Rosie. She must have been lonely and hungry again! I did not fall back asleep since my plan was to wake up before 6 am, shower and head out to an appt at the car dealership. Included with my lease was one free oil changed and tire rotation. It is an hour and half drive so I needed to be out the door by 6:30 am. Mission accomplished.
I love to shop over in that area, but limited myself to three stores to save time and money. The closest store was a Dollar tree and I purchased some lip balms, tissues, spices, cards and canned veggies. I spent $14.85 OOP.
About half way down the road was a not to well stocked CVS. Maybe my timing was off but I made the best of it. I had $30 in gc's and one mailer coupon. I loaded other digital coupons and the system was a bit testy about what it would take off and the cashier had to take something off and add it back so I guess it worked. I bought 2 Shick razors, spend $25 get $10 back, 3 Skintimate razors, spend $15 get $5 extra buck, 2 garnier shampoo/conditioners were $7, get $3 eb back. The girls took all my razors, so I am stocked up if they visit and steal them again.
I bought 2 chips ahoy boxes for $1 each and 2 Lays chips for $5.
I used $8/40 purchase, $5 off shick, $3 off skintimate, .35 cents in extra bucks, and my 32 % coupon took off $6.81. I used $30 in gift cards, paid $7.56 OOP inc tax and received $18 extra bucks that I am saving for next week.
My last stop was ShopRite and I need some chicken, so I picked up 3 packs of Perdue thin cutlets and store brand chicken breasts were $1.99 a lb so I got 2 packs. Other deals included 3 Ajax detergents for $1 each after digital coupon; Rice Krispie treats .99 after digital q, 3 Chips ahoy cookies were $5 after sale and digital q, Natures bounty vitamins were 1/2 price and $3 to $4 cheaper per bottle than cvs, so I bought 2 of the kids I like . Pasta was on sale for .88 cents and I bought 3. I used a free coupon from the Spider express buy Chobani Oat milk for $0.00. saved $3.99! I bought a keto yogurt for .99 with coupon and I paid $1.49 for Egglands best eggs on sale & I used a .50 cent coupon. Pepperidge farm goldfish were 3 for $3 after digital coupon and sale. In the end, I paid $49.08 for 24 items
My car got a fill up at the reservation @$2.79 per gallon so it cost $43 to fill up my tank.

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
The closest Disney outlet store at The outlet mall closest to us is closing on 9/15.
I went with my DD & granddaughter Friday night. She dressed the baby in her Minnie headband and cute Minnie dress. There was not much left at the store even at 60% off. I found a toddler swimsuit and small mermaid backpack I will put in my gift closet.
On our way home, I ran into Walmart to pick up a water jug for DH.
I had a $1/1 beechnut baby food coupon that I used on an .88 jar of naturals food and got .12 overage that I used on a little 3 piece overall short set I found for on clearance for $1 (regularly over $12). It was from the baby boy section but has lizards and plants on it - it will be great for next spring.

jastwins

Trader Group
I had mentioned in the open post that I would discuss some apps that earn me some money.

One I added to my phone this year is Pogo. Once you download the app from the App Store and link a bank debit card, you earn points for money spent. You click on the amount to get credit and some have very short surveys attached. An added bonus for me was that my debit card accounts include my account and my girls’ bank accounts, so I get credit for their purchases too. If you allow the location part to be active, it will give you 70 points for even just driving by the locations. You just click on the ad when it pops up. There are TAP surveys that are not too bad and can earn you a high amount of points. You can cash out to PayPal. Easy to do with minimal effort.
my referral code is:
I'm inviting you to join Pogo, the free app that gives you rewards on every purchase - without receipt scanning.

jastwins

Trader Group
If you shop on Amazon and get asked to be on the Amazon shoppers panel app, just do it. All you need to do is download the app and upload any 10 receipts each month. It is the easiest $10 I earn in amazon gcs each month. That is $120 per year!!!! They sometimes offer very short surveys at .25 cents each and that will add to your total at the end of each month. I automatically have it credit the amazon gc to my account.