What are you getting Cheap or FREE in September 2020?

Discussion in 'The Daily Frugal: Living Life Pennywise' started by jastwins, Sep 1, 2020.

Moderators: KimShaw
  1. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

From my purchases yesterday and last week , I earned $1.85 from Ibotta, $4 from SavingStar and points from FETCH. My purchases should earn me enough for another Panera g C on p&g everyday.

Swagbucks credited a survey for 1800 points from last week. My shop credit of 1241 points also credited another day. This was for the purchase of D3’s camera from Ebay. As a sapphire member, I was able to skip the wait and get 42 points for a purchase from the Children’s place

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  2. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

Today we went to Big Lots to use a $5/$15 rewards coupon. Earlier in the day they sent a notice they had loaded a free Snickers bar to our card for the weekend, so we picked that up while we were shopping.

Then we drove across the parking lot to Sizzler. Our restaurant is on a local rewards program and we earned a $25 gift card last year. Unfortunately, it expired while the restaurant was closed due to COVID.

We called to see if they would still honor it after the restaurant reopened and the manager was really good about it and said they would.

After that, they reopened for take-out only and it apparently didn't go well. We drove by after that, and they were closed entirely again. I feel SO sorry for sit down restaurants trying to survive through all this.

Today, we decided we'd better get the gift certificate used and they were really friendly about it. We got steak, baked potato and salad bar for $9.99. That wasn't quite enough for the gift certificate and we hated to leave without paying anything, so I ordered a soft drink -- which I normally don't do. DH ordered a beer.

The gift certificate pretty much covered the meals, my drink and tax making them basically free. We paid for DH's beer.

3. jastwins

On my way home from my parents, I stopped at CVS to pick up bottled water and new toothbrushes. I had 2 coupons for the water $2/2 24 packs and 2/$8 water purchase. I bought 3 24 packs of J T b and was just happy to find some. On my last 2 visits to CVS, there was no JTB water available.
    I also bought 4 toothbrushes and chose Oral B that was on sale $2.99, buy 2 get 3 ecr limit 2. I also found a perfect bar. I had $13 ecr from my last purchase and used that to help pay for my order. Including bottle deposits and $1.24 tax, I paid $11.76 OOP and got back $6 ecr and $3.10 from Ibotta ($2.25 back on perfect bar, .10 cents on any toothbrush, .75 cents back on any item).

jcdamomma, Sherri1480 and Gardencook like this.
  4. jastwins

I received 2 settlements via echeck , one for $10 and the other .41 cents, directly into my bank account.

The Tilla Troop folks actually credited me back my points for the gift card fraud I had with my sephora gc. It was nice of them to give me the option of points or another gc. My choice will be Amazon gcs so I can credit it directly to my account. For my niece, I sent her $50 cash and she bought herself new jeans. It was a win-win situation!!!

jcdamomma, Sherri1480 and Gardencook like this.
  5. jastwins

I ordered clothing as a birthday gift from The Children's Place. My last order gave me double place dollars and my cousin's daughter will get 9 items of clothing. For my order, I used 4 $10/20 place vouchers and I a $5 reward. My $25 gc was from Swagbucks points and I paid $18.09 OOP , including tax,and shipping was free.

Sherri1480, jcdamomma and Gardencook like this.
  6. flowerkitty

flowerkitty Super Swapper Trader Group

I Scored a box of Special K cereal with a coupon sent to my email linked to my cvs acct .
    The store coupon was for a $1.89 box of cereal and I had a peelie for$1/1 box. Total was $.95 with tax.
    Trying to stock up on items in case of another shut down later this fall.

7. jastwins

After many tries to cash out my points on my debit card ( at the bank I work for!!!!), I was finally able to cash out for $40 in Amazon gcs.
    Speaking of Amazon, I uncovered fraud on my account and they charged my daughter's debit card and used a gc and charged a small amount to my account.
    D3 called and got a new debit card and the amount credited back to her account. I found out via email that a package had been delivered to my great niece in Chicago and that my daughter received a package today and she had not ordered it. It was from the same store so I asked Amazon to investigate them. My password was changed by me today. UGH!!!

8. mtka

mtka Well-Known Member Trader Group

Got a few things from Walmart. Incogmeato was clearanced to $4 and had a $1 off peelie, so a $2 mm after ibotta rebate. Also got 2 free five star folders as the whole school supplies section was clearanced. Picked up a nice toy activity set for a Christmas present. There were many sets clearanced in the craft section.

9. flowerkitty

I went to dollar general this morning and cleaned up with a bunch of digital coupons on my account and a few paper coupons.
    I saved $26 and paid $11.76 out of pocket.
    I bought Purex 4in1 oxi pods, Downey,Tide simply pods,Bic simply soleil razors,suave shampoos, a few garden flags on clearance, and 10 bags of $1 Bugles.
    Most of the digital I used were expiring today...the $5 off $25 Saturday only coupon was helpful too.
    I have been watching a few YouTube videos on weekly scenarios at the different stores And it is helping me.

10. flowerkitty

I forgot to mention that dollar general has their summer clearance items 50% off the clearance price this weekend. Just beware and ask the cashier if all items you present at checkout are on clearance. One cashier at a store I visited informed me that no, 3 of the items I had in my order were not on clearance... they just ran out of room inside the store and decided to put them outside WITH the clearance items.Two of the three kids clothes I found on the same rack were not clearance.
    How are people to know? I thought that was wrong!

11. jastwins

Today I printed out a $10 CVS g c from FETCH rewards. I deposited a $5 settlement check to my account.
    This morning I decided to see my friends at a regular breakfast place on my island. Good idea since a wealthy hedge fund guy, who has a summer house on our island, left $250 cover our breakfast plus a few others. I was happy to be in the right place at the right time.

12. jastwins

I wish I could remember to bring my gc with me when I go to CVS. : (

I did get some frees, however, thanks to a digital on my card and a great coupon sent to me in a train envie. Cvs sent me a free roll of TP from Kleenex
    via a digital q. I was able to get a free VEnus razor with the coupon and $4 back in ecr for the purchase. I bought 3 cans of Pringles and small Nabisco cookies were b1g1 so I ended up 4 boxes free. I used $6 ecr and paid $9.16 for 12 items.

At King Kullen, I took advantage of some b1 g1 sales on Celentano cavatelli and ravioli plus I used 2 $1 coupons. One box of Annies mac/cheese was .69 cents after double $1 coupon. I used a $3 value coupon to pay .99 cents for Chicken of the sea tuna. Two Aqua Pana waters were $1 after double $1 coupon and sale. One large can of Red pack tomato sauce was free after double coupon and sale price. Wise chips were b1g1. Premio sausage was $1.99 a pack and I bought 3. Ground beef was $2.49 a lb and I took a pack. After sales and buying a bunch of veggies, I paid $55.43 for 32 items..

13. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

Used a few high value coupons before they expired. Nothing too exciting some more shampoo for 49 cents a bottle and a bottle of body wash was supposed to be 69 cents after digital coupon, but the digital didn't work AGAIN so the clerk had to overide it. Thankfully, we got a good one so didn't have a hassle.

We also had one remaining B1G1 milkshake coupon that was going to expire tomorrow so we used that.

14. flowerkitty

At CVS I bought an eight roll pack of Babo toilet paper for 6.99 (regularly $10.99) and got back $6 in ecb .
    It is made of bamboo.

Moderators: KimShaw